Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Something is going on at the CBI

Butifldrm

26 minutes ago, Floridian said:

We may have to wait until Tuesday, January 7th.  I see the 6th is a holiday.

https://www.officeholidays.com/countries/iraq/2019

I sure hope you guys are right.. if the 6th or 7th is the day it RVs, I would expect to start seeing literature, pamphlets and especially articles, educating the citizens, business owners, currency dealers, bank account holders, etc really really quickly in preparation so everyone is on the same page as to the new purchasing power and what the smaller denoms mean. Not to be a Debbie downer, but I personally think they need more time as in a few more weeks or a couple of months to pull it off, but I hope I’m wrong.. we will see.. fingers crossed but I think we need to see articles in the next couple of days about their intentions if the 7th is the day.

• Thanks 5

On 12/31/2019 at 12:49 PM, Pitcher said:

Me the the first time I read one of Thugs posts while drinking coffee

You owe me one clean up Thugs.  Haha. Happy New Year!!

giphy.gif

Happy ‘News’ Year Pitcher - And Everyone Else On DV ! B) 

Bull Durham Mascot GIF - BullDurham Bull Durham GIFs

I Really Like That Pitcher Guy - He Doesn’t Put Up With ‘Bull’ From Anybody ! :o 

:D  :D  :D 
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, GregHi said:

I sure hope you guys are right.. if the 6th or 7th is the day it RVs, I would expect to start seeing literature, pamphlets and especially articles, educating the citizens, business owners, currency dealers, bank account holders, etc really really quickly in preparation so everyone is on the same page as to the new purchasing power and what the smaller denoms mean. Not to be a Debbie downer, but I personally think they need more time as in a few more weeks or a couple of months to pull it off, but I hope I’m wrong.. we will see.. fingers crossed but I think we need to see articles in the next couple of days about their intentions if the 7th is the day.

I thought they did all that "financial education" stuff a while back.  

I guess we'll find out soon enough.  😂

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 6

1 minute ago, GregHi said:

Greg, I would think (JMHO and I know nothing) they would have to do the RV/RI prior to/Same time as the Pamphlets and other Literature to the people there or it would telegraph the RV and we investor would get a heads up and buy.

I have heard when Kuwait RV/RI'ed in Country and the world didn't know for some 10 days that it had happened....I can't see with the Internet and all how Iraq could keep this quiet...

Just thinking out loud.

Karsten

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, new york kevin said:

I don't know much about it, but people are using that CBD Oil for everything now a days . 🤔🤔🤔 just thinking .

I was diagnosed with MS IN 1999. I have tried every drug the neurologist wanted to put me on. None of them are effective. After doing much research in MS I found out diet and exercise were the way to go. I have started taking CBD about 2 years ago  and haven’t had a flare up since. CBD works. 

• Thanks 5
  • Upvote 6

49 minutes ago, Karsten said:

I have heard when Kuwait RV/RI'ed in Country and the world didn't know for some 10 days that it had happened

karen as u know there is no comparison to kuwait and iraq regards to currency changes saddam stole the currency and the ability to print more best i remember from kuwait in a very short period kuwait gave a time limit to change the old kwd in for new notes on a 1to1 basis at the same exchange value between the old and new , iraq on the other hand well i dont know what the heck is going on with its currency besides very little ... no disrespect to u intended , all the best 

13 minutes ago, 3n1 said:

karen as u know there is no comparison to kuwait and iraq regards to currency changes saddam stole the currency and the ability to print more best i remember from kuwait in a very short period kuwait gave a time limit to change the old kwd in for new notes on a 1to1 basis at the same exchange value between the old and new , iraq on the other hand well i dont know what the heck is going on with its currency besides very little ... no disrespect to u intended , all the best 

3n1,

Actually I know very little about what Kuwait did all those years ago or why.

Kar"ST"en

Edited by Karsten
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Karsten said:

3n1,

Kar"ST"en

no worries i dont either i just read stuff and research which is always subject to interpretation ,  the older i become the more i realize how little i know ... cheers

Edited by 3n1
  • Haha 1

I'm thinking about years ago, when we heard that Shabibi said he needed the banks to close for 3 days to RV the currency (or something to that effect) and we just assumed it would be over a 3-day, holiday weekend.  And now, they are closing the banks for 5 days of "inventory".

As you can see, I can't think of anything else but the RV, lately.   😂

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Karsten said:

3n1,

Kar"ST"en

Most people don’t know what happened. I know of only one person who was there met him briefly online, he goes under the name of offshorewealth, he made no money from it but his friends at the time who were on the ground did make money. He made none, so h tells:3. He did give me sound advice which I followed to this day, and I will be thankful to him one day. Most of what people know they have read from one article which you can find online or someone will have a link.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jaygo said:

I was diagnosed with MS IN 1999. I have tried every drug the neurologist wanted to put me on. None of them are effective. After doing much research in MS I found out diet and exercise were the way to go. I have started taking CBD about 2 years ago  and haven’t had a flare up since. CBD works. 

Not saying this will work, but research amino acids....helped me greatly with ptsd, anxiety and depression after a few tours but now back in the game thanks to amino acids. You can buy pharmaceutical grade, cheap in large quantities and blend your own 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Gypsygirl11 said:

Yes Floridian, Thuggie is right, this was posted a week ago where have you been? It could be a strong possibility right? Beginning of the year, time will tell. 5 more days to go LOL

Let’s of very unusual things going on but all roads are yellow brick leading to oz

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, GregHi said:

Here is my question on the education and lower denominations.  So we all see pictures of stacks of $100 USD and some $20 USD basically as stock photos.  And we have and/or still are sending USD to Iraq.  What would those denominations be??  Would we also be sending them our coins as well??  So if they are "exclusively", which one could only presume that they are not, using USD/coins would they then not be familiar with those same denominations in IQD??  So I am kind of curious what amount of education the citizens would need??  Other than the new market rates of products what else is going to actually change in Iraq??   A loaf of bread that was once 1010 IQD is now say 75 fils.  A gallon of gas was 1500 IQD/gallon is now 1.25 IQD/gallon.  And don't gig me about the math I'm not making a direct conversion just saying.  So the only education that I can see is when it comes to purchases and not so much on the IQD itself if the lower denominations are equal to the USD.  What I am guessing, SWAG, is that they will send out a conversion chart of some sort to help with purchasing so the citizens don't feel that they are getting ripped off.  And with the banking so the citizens know that the IQD that they have in the bank now has more purchasing power after the rate change.

Just my :twocents: and by no means any implied suggestions of anything.

SR

• Thanks 1

And now I have a different kind of thought re:  lower denoms.  We've heard they're printed, they're not printed yet, they're printed, and on and on.  We recently read again that they printed currency, I forget the amount but it didn't seem like it was enough to me.

I have a friend from China, living in this country a couple of years.  I am told that they don't use any cash at all in China.  They use cards only.  

This friend said that even if you want to rent a car, you walk up to it, put your card near it and that unlocks it.  All your information is on your card and (somehow) transmitted.  You don't need to go through a rental agency or person, you just walk up to the car and flash your card.

Do you think Iraq might be going to this kind of system, using cards instead of money?  Could that be?

• Thanks 2

I brought this over from the news forum .......

Urgent with the document .. Finance stops spending, appointments, and staff transfers in all ministries

Editing Date: 12/30/2019 12:36  609 times read
In the document .. Finance stops spending, appointments, and transfers of employees in all ministries
{Baghdad: Al Furat News} The Finance Ministry directed to suspend the financial exchange, appointments and transfer of employees in all ministries.
The ministry indicated, according to a document, that a copy of which was obtained by the agency (Al Furat News) that the procedure was taken according to the authority vested in us according to the provisions of Article 13 - First of Chapter Three of the Federal Financial Administration Law No. 6 of 2019.
Resized Image

•  
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, SupraRacer said:

Here is my question on the education and lower denominations.  So we all see pictures of stacks of $100 USD and some $20 USD basically as stock photos.  And we have and/or still are sending USD to Iraq.  What would those denominations be??  Would we also be sending them our coins as well??  So if they are "exclusively", which one could only presume that they are not, using USD/coins would they then not be familiar with those same denominations in IQD??  So I am kind of curious what amount of education the citizens would need??  Other than the new market rates of products what else is going to actually change in Iraq??   A loaf of bread that was once 1010 IQD is now say 75 fils.  A gallon of gas was 1500 IQD/gallon is now 1.25 IQD/gallon.  And don't gig me about the math I'm not making a direct conversion just saying.  So the only education that I can see is when it comes to purchases and not so much on the IQD itself if the lower denominations are equal to the USD.  What I am guessing, SWAG, is that they will send out a conversion chart of some sort to help with purchasing so the citizens don't feel that they are getting ripped off.  And with the banking so the citizens know that the IQD that they have in the bank now has more purchasing power after the rate change.

Just my :twocents: and by no means any implied suggestions of anything.

SR

All I know is that my Kurdish friend used to say years ago that when he went to an atm you had the choice of either withdrawing your money in USD or IQD. He said Iraqis used IQD for small purchases and USD for large purchases..

• Thanks 5

13 hours ago, Karsten said:

3n1,

Kar"ST"en

I see what you were hoping to point out there  " kam-er-ian "  :P

NOW  page 10 -------->

Edited by jeepguy