Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliamentary Finance: Approval of the budget will be delayed until the end of next month

yota691

3 hours ago, Carrello said:

Thanks, HotCurl. Not looking for anyone to right or wrong, but appreciate anyone actually thinking and analyzing the situation.

I was thinking back about the IMF requiring the dinar to be held within a 2% range for, I believe, 120 days. 

Yes and I believe it’s already done that at the 1460 rate…

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Laid Back said:

“There are no political differences that impede the passage of the budget, stressing that the vote on the budget will take place after the blessed Eid al-Fitr holiday, and it will not take long."

Sounds Good …. Just do it.!

1- Oil Agreement between the federal government and Kurdistan region 

2- Budget Law 2023-2024-2025

3- Hydrocarbon Law (HCL)

4- Stronger Dinar $1+

As I said they will pass it when they want…this is stone walling waiting for something…

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Today, Friday, the Parliamentary Finance Committee revealed that the committee has a plan to reduce its deficit, which amounts to 64 trillion dinars, while indicating that it is not possible to raise the price of a barrel of oil in the budget .

Committee member Mustafa Al-Garaawi said in a statement, "The committee will begin to set a schedule to host the sovereign ministries of finance, oil, defense, and electricity to discuss their expenditure chapters in the budget ."

He added, "These ministries include the highest spending compared to the rest of the ministries, and there will be a discussion of the details to find out their real needs and the possibility of reducing and transferring funds within these ministries ."

He pointed out that “the budget deficit amounts to 64 trillion out of its total amounting to 199 trillion, and after agreement with the Prime Minister, the Minister of Finance and Planning will be hosted within the Finance Committee to discuss the possibility of reducing the deficit and reducing expenditures in unnecessary chapters in agreement with the government so that the decision does not affect the government program and the provision of services to citizens.” ".

He pointed out that "the price of a barrel of oil in the draft Federal General Budget Law 2023 will be discussed with the Ministry of Oil and the concerned authorities to ascertain the extent to which the oil price can be stabilized during the current year and the coming years, given that the volume of revenues depends directly on the price of oil and the quantities exported. "

He explained, "The Parliamentary Finance Committee is looking to reduce the deficit by reducing expenditures, and we are going towards reducing it in real terms by searching for unnecessary operating and investment expenses and deleting them. The committee will put in place a mechanism to reduce high operating expenses in a way that does not affect the volume of services provided to the citizen, nor the government program. "

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, yota691 said:

Today, Friday, the Parliamentary Finance Committee revealed that the committee has a plan to reduce its deficit, which amounts to 64 trillion dinars, while indicating that it is not possible to raise the price of a barrel of oil in the budget .

Committee member Mustafa Al-Garaawi said in a statement, "The committee will begin to set a schedule to host the sovereign ministries of finance, oil, defense, and electricity to discuss their expenditure chapters in the budget ."

He added, "These ministries include the highest spending compared to the rest of the ministries, and there will be a discussion of the details to find out their real needs and the possibility of reducing and transferring funds within these ministries ."

He pointed out that “the budget deficit amounts to 64 trillion out of its total amounting to 199 trillion, and after agreement with the Prime Minister, the Minister of Finance and Planning will be hosted within the Finance Committee to discuss the possibility of reducing the deficit and reducing expenditures in unnecessary chapters in agreement with the government so that the decision does not affect the government program and the provision of services to citizens.” ".

He pointed out that "the price of a barrel of oil in the draft Federal General Budget Law 2023 will be discussed with the Ministry of Oil and the concerned authorities to ascertain the extent to which the oil price can be stabilized during the current year and the coming years, given that the volume of revenues depends directly on the price of oil and the quantities exported. "

He explained, "The Parliamentary Finance Committee is looking to reduce the deficit by reducing expenditures, and we are going towards reducing it in real terms by searching for unnecessary operating and investment expenses and deleting them. The committee will put in place a mechanism to reduce high operating expenses in a way that does not affect the volume of services provided to the citizen, nor the government program. "

Would adjusting the rate from trillions to billions and increasing purchasing power will this assist in reducing expenditures?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 1

April May June all looks good to me but unfortunately with the Biden administrations inflation my 2 cent opinion is now worth less then a penny 

thanks ol joe and his couple of supporters 🤡 on here you done good no more mean tweets from the bad orange man 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

12245.jpg

money and business

Economy News-Baghdad
A law proposal was submitted to the Speaker of the House of Representatives, signed by (25) deputies, which includes amending the law to cancel financial privileges for all officials in the state and rationing the salaries, privileges, and diets of members of the House of Representatives.

photo_2023-04-22_19-56-41.jpg

414 views
Added 04/22/2023 - 8:20 PM

Parliamentary Finance expects the date of the vote on the budget

Policy |Yesterday, 18:20 |

57d93395-1353-43f7-9fdd-37f95ed09090.jpg

Baghdad today - Baghdad

Today, Saturday, the Parliamentary Finance Committee revealed the date for voting on the financial budget law for the year 2023, while confirming the existence of a political agreement on that.

Committee member Jamal Cougar told (Baghdad Today): "After the end of the Eid al-Fitr holiday, the Parliamentary Finance Committee will re-discuss the notes on the budget law, and there will be negotiations between the blocs about the budget paragraphs as well as the financial deficit in it."

And Cougar stated, "The vote on the budget law will take place at the end of next month, and there is a political agreement on this matter among all parliamentary blocs within parliament, and we will work to reduce the financial deficit in the budget, to prevent economic consequences from occurring due to the current large deficit in the law." .

Last Sunday, the House of Representatives completed the second reading of the budget bill, and it is likely to be submitted to a vote after the Eid Al-Fitr holiday.

It is noteworthy that the government spokesman on behalf of Al-Awadi said last Thursday that "within 10 days, by the end of this month (April), everything will proceed correctly regarding the budget," adding that "the government will provide all facilities and assistance that enable the Kurdistan Region and its citizens to continue their lives." natural.”

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

“Within 10 days, by the end of this month (April), everything will proceed correctly regarding the  budget,”   

Boy…..I do wish I Knew how to make the FONT BIGGER and WITH COLORS!!!!!

Use to be able to……can’t  any more!!

I say this to myself (with conviction) every single day…..and hoping I’m not the only one!!!!!!!!!❣️❣️❣️

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 1

8 minutes ago, Pepperina said:

“Within 10 days, by the end of this month (April), everything will proceed correctly regarding the  budget,”   

Boy…..I do wish I Knew how to make the FONT BIGGER and WITH COLORS!!!!!

Use to be able to……can’t  any more!!

I say this to myself (with conviction) every single day…..and hoping I’m not the only one!!!!!!!!!❣️❣️❣️

Sorry I messed up…this was quoted from Yota’s comment.

1 hour ago, yota691 said:

Parliamentary Finance expects the date of the vote on the budget

Policy |Yesterday, 18:20 |

57d93395-1353-43f7-9fdd-37f95ed09090.jpg

Baghdad today - Baghdad

Today, Saturday, the Parliamentary Finance Committee revealed the date for voting on the financial budget law for the year 2023, while confirming the existence of a political agreement on that.

Committee member Jamal Cougar told (Baghdad Today): "After the end of the Eid al-Fitr holiday, the Parliamentary Finance Committee will re-discuss the notes on the budget law, and there will be negotiations between the blocs about the budget paragraphs as well as the financial deficit in it."

And Cougar stated, "The vote on the budget law will take place at the end of next month, and there is a political agreement on this matter among all parliamentary blocs within parliament, and we will work to reduce the financial deficit in the budget, to prevent economic consequences from occurring due to the current large deficit in the law." .

Last Sunday, the House of Representatives completed the second reading of the budget bill, and it is likely to be submitted to a vote after the Eid Al-Fitr holiday.

It is noteworthy that the government spokesman on behalf of Al-Awadi said last Thursday that "within 10 days, by the end of this month (April), everything will proceed correctly regarding the budget," adding that "the government will provide all facilities and assistance that enable the Kurdistan Region and its citizens to continue their lives." natural.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Shedagal said:

What do you see in the timeline between now and June?  And beyond?   Crazy times, for sure.

Just thoughts....3rd reading of budget....who knows....so many days allotted for it to be signed...10-15?.....officially posted (gazette).....wed or Friday's only....

As I've said previously....I don't have a great deal of knowledge on the inner workings of Iraq....

Additionally the World is in a hurry for a change to get away from the FIAT currency fiasco.....East/west is colliding for power....

All this is roaring down the tracks......and it's "all connected".....

Seems I've heard that some where?

Just my thoughts...     CL 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, coorslite21 said:

Just thoughts....3rd reading of budget....who knows....so many days allotted for it to be signed...10-15?.....officially posted (gazette).....wed or Friday's only....

As I've said previously....I don't have a great deal of knowledge on the inner workings of Iraq....

Additionally the World is in a hurry for a change to get away from the FIAT currency fiasco.....East/west is colliding for power....

All this is roaring down the tracks......and it's "all connected".....

Seems I've heard that some where?

Just my thoughts...     CL 

Yes I feel like this is all orchestrated to coincide around the same time, cross border payments, level playing field for currencies etc….. like all resetting at the same time for as seamless of a transition as possible 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Pow! 3