Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliamentary Finance expects a decline in dollar prices in Iraq Economy 

RJG

Parliamentary Finance expects a decline in dollar prices in Iraq

Economy | 08:52 - 12/12/2023

Baghdad - Mawazine News

The Parliamentary Finance Committee revealed that the government has spent only 20% of the current year’s budget, and expected to release the rest of the budget on December 20, indicating that the government’s move towards currencies other than the dollar will reduce the pressure on demand for it and thus reduce its prices.

Committee member Jamal Cougar said that the government has spent only 20% of the current year’s budget, and it is assumed that after December 20, a good portion of the budget will be spent for a period of five days until the accounts are closed, noting that with the beginning of the new year, the year’s budget schedules are sent. Next.

He pointed out that the government's move towards currencies other than the dollar will facilitate the issue of trade, on the one hand, and push traders to deal with the platform more and reduce pressure on the dollar instead of focusing on it, stressing that it will contribute to stabilizing its official price.

https://mawazin.net/Details.aspx?jimare=239198

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Pow! 2

Why would a government expect the dollar to go down, then plan to spend a good portion of the remaining FY2023 budget in 5 days? And to start spending on December 20th? Like a sure thing, the dollar will go down on the 20th and the dinar will go up. Like a switch is planned to be clicked on then?  That is going to be a crazy mad time of spending....

• Thanks 2
  • Pow! 15

I agree. The next 19 days are going to be one crazy ride. Let’s see:

can’t use the dollar after the first

no official holidays or weekends off for the rest of the year

they are going to spend at least 70% of the remaining budget in 5 days

the PM and CBI have said the dinar will be stronger than the dollar (soon) 😂 sorry, couldn’t resist that.

videos for the citizens trying to bring national pride to their currency

i know there are a few other small things, but when it is all added up, it sure looks good. 
could our ship be coming in?, is the plane landing? Is the train pulling into the station? 😂

sorry, couldn’t resist that either. One thing I do know, this week will drag on…😂😂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 6
  • Pow! 5

47 minutes ago, 8th ID said:

the PM and CBI have said the dinar will be stronger than the dollar (soon) 😂 sorry, couldn’t resist that.

i know there are a few other small things, but when it is all added up, it sure looks good. 
could our ship be coming in?, is the plane landing? Is the train pulling into the station? 😂

sorry, couldn’t resist that either. One thing I do know, this week will drag on…😂😂

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 7

6 minutes ago, cutter73 said:

Couple years ago, I believe they did change their currency rate🤔 on the 20th. Which falls in with needing 5 days...🤔🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

I also have both hands fixed this day. Carpal tunnel surgery. Don't judge when you see me trying my best to hold my bag running🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, RJG said:

and it is assumed that after December 20, a good portion of the budget will be spent for a period of five days until the accounts are closed, noting that with the beginning of the new year, the year’s budget schedules are sent.

Hmmmmm…new budget schedules taking into account new found purchasing power? Why December 20th? 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, cutter73 said:

Couple years ago, I believe they did change their currency rate🤔 on the 20th. Which falls in with needing 5 days...🤔🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

I thought it was Dec 20th but could have been on Jan 1 2020 hard to say when you try to drill down on currency rate charts! 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, 8th ID said:

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, RJG said:

Why would a government expect the dollar to go down, then plan to spend a good portion of the remaining FY2023 budget in 5 days? And to start spending on December 20th? Like a sure thing, the dollar will go down on the 20th and the dinar will go up. Like a switch is planned to be clicked on then?  That is going to be a crazy mad time of spending....

👍👍👍

• Like 2

5 hours ago, RJG said:

He pointed out that the government's move towards currencies other than the dollar will facilitate the issue of trade, on the one hand, and push traders to deal with the platform more and reduce pressure on the dollar instead of focusing on it, stressing that it will contribute to stabilizing its official price.

I like how they add this in with budget talks! One affects the other 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 3