Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Ending the mission of the United Nations office in Iraq takes Iraq out of Chapter Seven 

Observer: Ending the mission of the United Nations office in Iraq takes Iraq out of Chapter Seven  

2-7-2024
Observer - Ending the mission of the United Nations office in Iraq takes Iraq out of Chapter Seven Information / Baghdad..
On Wednesday, political observer Sabah Al-Ugaili called on Prime Minister Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani to end the work of the United Nations representation in Iraq, indicating that “if this matter were achieved, it would remove Iraq from Chapter Seven.”
Al-Ugaili told Al-Maalouma, “The time is right for Sudanese to ask the Secretary-General of the United Nations to end the work of its representation in Iraq, especially after Plasschaert announced the end of its mission in Iraq.”
He added, “Plasschaert’s request to end its mission and the Chinese representative’s recognition of the existence of a state of political and economic stability in Iraq gives Al-Sudani the opportunity to ask the Secretary-General of the United Nations to end the work of the United Nations office in Iraq, or at least reduce it, and then Iraq will exit Chapter Seven.”
The representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations, Jeanine Plasschaert, had asked the Secretary-General of the United Nations that it was her mission in Iraq during her periodic briefing at the UN Security Council yesterday, Tuesday.
It is noteworthy that Iraq has been subject since 1990 to Chapter Seven of the United Nations Charter, which was imposed on it after Saddam’s regime invaded the State of Kuwait in August of the same year. This clause allows the use of force against Iraq as it constitutes a threat to international security, in addition to freezing large amounts of its financial assets in Iraq. International banks to pay compensation to those affected by the invasion.
almaalomah.me
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Pow! 2

44 minutes ago, HowieC said:
Observer: Ending the mission of the United Nations office in Iraq takes Iraq out of Chapter Seven  

2-7-2024
Observer - Ending the mission of the United Nations office in Iraq takes Iraq out of Chapter Seven Information / Baghdad..
On Wednesday, political observer Sabah Al-Ugaili called on Prime Minister Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani to end the work of the United Nations representation in Iraq, indicating that “if this matter were achieved, it would remove Iraq from Chapter Seven.”
Al-Ugaili told Al-Maalouma, “The time is right for Sudanese to ask the Secretary-General of the United Nations to end the work of its representation in Iraq, especially after Plasschaert announced the end of its mission in Iraq.”
He added, “Plasschaert’s request to end its mission and the Chinese representative’s recognition of the existence of a state of political and economic stability in Iraq gives Al-Sudani the opportunity to ask the Secretary-General of the United Nations to end the work of the United Nations office in Iraq, or at least reduce it, and then Iraq will exit Chapter Seven.”
The representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations, Jeanine Plasschaert, had asked the Secretary-General of the United Nations that it was her mission in Iraq during her periodic briefing at the UN Security Council yesterday, Tuesday.
It is noteworthy that Iraq has been subject since 1990 to Chapter Seven of the United Nations Charter, which was imposed on it after Saddam’s regime invaded the State of Kuwait in August of the same year. This clause allows the use of force against Iraq as it constitutes a threat to international security, in addition to freezing large amounts of its financial assets in Iraq. International banks to pay compensation to those affected by the invasion.

observer? Guru?  Out of chapter 7? Again?

Edited by jg1

i thought iraq was removed from chapter Vll sanctions in june 2013 , there has been so much chaos , fighting  and back stabbing double talk over the years thats makes my head spin not sure what this announcement involves maybe just closing the UN office  ... cheers

https://www.iraqiembassy.us/article/un-security-council-votes-to-remove-iraq-from-chapter-vii-sanctions

Edited by 3n1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, 3n1 said:

i thought iraq was removed from chapter Vll sanctions in june 2013 , there has been so much chaos , fighting  and back stabbing double talk over the years thats makes my head spin not sure what this announcement involves maybe just closing the UN office  ... cheers

https://www.iraqiembassy.us/article/un-security-council-votes-to-remove-iraq-from-chapter-vii-sanctions

Me too.  I’m confused. 🤪

16 minutes ago, keylime said:

Apparently they are still under Chapter 7. With Guru's lying right and left them being out of Chap 7 was one of their big ones it looks like. So the question is, can they RV?

You might be right.

8 minutes ago, screwball said:

It means a lot of gurus and bull shiters 

I remember when Biden was VP he made a big deal of them being released from Chap 7. 

7 minutes ago, screwball said:

see you in 2024

Luckily for us we are in 2024. Does anyone have a DeLorean with a Flux Capacitor to see what 2025 looks like. 

• Haha 7

**OLD ARTICLE**

U.N. Security Council Votes to Remove Iraq from Chapter VII Sanctions

Section%207_0.jpg?itok=4iBHkJzt

The 15-member United Nations Security Council unanimously agreed on June 27, 2013 to remove Iraq from Chapter VII sanctions that were imposed on the country more than two decades ago after former President Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait in 1990.

The UN Security Council's decision to remove Iraq from Chapter VII underscores the country's increased cooperation with its neighbors and marks an end to Saddam Hussein's legacy of aggression.

The council agreed that issues of missing Kuwaiti persons and property should be dealt with under Chapter VI of the U.N. Charter - which urges countries to peacefully resolve any conflicts - instead of Chapter VII.

• Thanks 5
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, RJG said:

**OLD ARTICLE**

U.N. Security Council Votes to Remove Iraq from Chapter VII Sanctions

Section%207_0.jpg?itok=4iBHkJzt

The 15-member United Nations Security Council unanimously agreed on June 27, 2013 to remove Iraq from Chapter VII sanctions that were imposed on the country more than two decades ago after former President Saddam Hussein invaded Kuwait in 1990.

The UN Security Council's decision to remove Iraq from Chapter VII underscores the country's increased cooperation with its neighbors and marks an end to Saddam Hussein's legacy of aggression.

The council agreed that issues of missing Kuwaiti persons and property should be dealt with under Chapter VI of the U.N. Charter - which urges countries to peacefully resolve any conflicts - instead of Chapter VII.

this article wasnt meant to be new i posted it to show in 2013 they were released from Chapter 7 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Longtimelurker said:

They unanimously agreed to remove Iraq from chapter vii but do we have any article saying chapter vii was officially removed? It is possible that the corrupt offered money to keep ch vii in place so they could continue stealing from the Iraqis for another 10 years.. definitely confusing.

who knows ... as many probably know the UN has big issues with its own corruption issues .... all the best

• Upvote 3
  • Pow! 1

3 hours ago, keylime said:

So this lady is working on tax payer money that we give to the United Nations to resolve something that's already been resolved? Sounds like the Biden Administration.  

he talks to dead people dontcha know...🤣😂

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Longtimelurker said:

They unanimously agreed to remove Iraq from chapter vii but do we have any article saying chapter vii was officially removed? It is possible that the corrupt offered money to keep ch vii in place so they could continue stealing from the Iraqis for another 10 years.. definitely confusing.

Good point.....it's all looking like nothing more than window dressing....enacting seems to be a big problem all the way around. I don't trust the UN any more than I go the GOI. 

Edited by DinarDavo
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, 3n1 said:

who knows ... as many probably know the UN has big issues with its own corruption issues .... all the best

90% of our govt is unnecessary if we go back to constitutional law. Pretty much all of the 2 & 3 letter agencies will be gone after reset. Kinda like how Elon Musk fired 90% of twitters staff and it's now functioning better than before..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 3

4 minutes ago, JonnyV said:

Sorry but you should have said that then in your post.  We are not mind readers.  

okie dokie i'll do better , i just thought most here now have known the UN released them in 13' it was all over iraqi news back then and every dinar site was clamoring to dust off ur iqd cause its a done deal lol ...  someday 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NWGUY said:

I thought that they still owed Kuwait money...at least that was the last I heard.  I think that was the last thing they had to do.  :shrug:

Didn’t they already pay Kuwait off? Or it’s just a small amount remaining.

• Upvote 1