Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

With the start of the new legislative term. Parliament unveils the first laws it will work on

With the start of the new legislative term. Parliament unveils the first laws it will work on

99-1.webp

Baghdad Today - Baghdad

Today, Sunday (January 7, 2024), the Parliamentary Oil and Gas Committee confirmed that the legislation of the oil and gas law will be one of the priorities of the work of the House of Representatives during the new legislative term.

Committee member Kazem al-Touki told Baghdad Today that "the House of Representatives will work with the beginning of its new legislative term after two days to speed up the legislation of important and disabled laws, and the priorities of parliament's work will be to legislate the oil and gas law, due to the importance of this law."

Al-Touki stressed that "the Iraqi government must expedite sending the draft oil and gas law, so that it is studied and widely agreed upon by all political parties, so that it can be legislated during the new legislative term, as there is a real seriousness in legislating this law in the near future."

It is hoped that the parliament will begin its sessions starting next Tuesday, with the start of the new legislative term after the end of the legislative recess.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Pow! 13

15 minutes ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

This has been the pattern for the last several years. :rocking-chair:

I think the only reason hype was high is for the first time they were stopping the use of the US Dollar , even I was more hopeful it was going to happen this time 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Pow! 1

2 hours ago, horsesoldier said:

Just saying if they drag this out beyond the 1st quarter and still no RV/RI, forget '24 & maybe in '25.

There's no April or June forget that. 1st quarter '24 or it's more :bs: for the rest of the year.

now now HS lets not kill the vibe , its imminent, cbi up and down thats got to be the trigger , id bet a dollar to a donut there is tons of usd still being used in everyday commerce dont make me bring the cheerleader squad back out 🤣 

disclaimer not to be taken serious strictly levity while we wait ..cheers 

Edited by 3n1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

16 minutes ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

I might be an idiot, but I’m still hopeful for the first quarter… :rolleyes:

Then we are all idiots my friend !!! I believe we are all hoping something will really happen this first quarter !!

• Upvote 2
  • Pow! 4

49 minutes ago, 3n1 said:

now now HS lets not kill the vibe , its imminent, cbi up and down thats got to be the trigger , id bet a dollar to a donut there is tons of usd still being used in everyday commerce dont make me bring the cheerleader squad back out 🤣 

disclaimer not to be taken serious strictly levity while we wait ..cheers 

:twothumbs: :tiphat:

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, screwball said:

If they are serious it will be first up…

8 hours ago, Longtimelurker said:

This could be huge. I imagine the oil and gas law is close to being completed by now so hopefully it's a quick turnaround. Let's go Iraq 🇮🇶 💪 🙌 👏 

Remember, Adam said he expected the RV/RI within hours after passage of the HCL.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 3