Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

These are the new customs controls for the introduction and removal of funds across the Iraqi border

fnbplanet

1 hour ago, Laid Back said:

Agree with you:twothumbs:

The new customs controls are to prevent, money laundering, counterfeiting and Terrorism support system" rel="">support.

I don't believe in the 0.5 cents theory 

Go CBI

Go New monetary policy 

Go RV

I concur Laid Back,  this .05 cent theory has nothing  to do with custom controls. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Floridian said:

Maybe they are waiting until they get ISIS out of Hawija, and then they'll raise the dinar.  Seems like it might take awhile.

"The operation to liberate Hawija will begin a few days after Eid al-Adha," spokesman Ahmed al-Assadi, said referring to the Muslim holiday marking the end of the annual hajj pilgrimage to Mecca in Saudi Arabia.

Sunni Muslims began observing Eid al-Adha on Friday, while Iraqi Shiite Muslims will mark the start of the four-day holiday on Saturday.

Assadi said the operation aimed at retaking from IS an area of 9,000 square kilometres (3,500 sq miles), covering the town of Hawija and surrounding the area, including eastern Shargat, a town further west.

http://www.shafaaq.com/en/En_NewsReader/6f974784-e3c2-4715-8d75-f06ca63325f7

observation:  Assadi must be on that afgani good SH!T> !! just thinking...If its appr 3,000 miles from CA to NY how the heck does the city hawija consist of 3,500 square miles....just a simple question. is he a looney or is it a typo...lol who knows

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SnowGlobe7 said:

so my point is ...that is not to far off from the .05 we are calculation....I am sure Adam is not in this for a dime......just saying.....

Ditto...I believe big bro's 10 cents theory over the years is just probably to help keep us grounded.  :twothumbs:

Because he did state, would anyone argue with him if it shot up to $1? :peace:

• Upvote 3

On 8/29/2017 at 8:34 PM, mr.unlikely said:

With a limit of 10,000.00 USD or 200,000 IQD. That would put it at .05/IQD or 50,000 per million. Oh how I hope it starts there, cause it wouldn't take long for it to climb a lot higher. And I could quit both my day jobs at a nickel, lol.

Oh Man I like the way you think !!!  I hope that nagging feeling I have is just gastric upset. Time will tell.

4 hours ago, WaitIsOver said:

an area of 9,000 square kilometres (3,500 sq miles),

4 hours ago, WaitIsOver said:

observation:  Assadi must be on that afgani good SH!T> !! just thinking...If its appr 3,000 miles from CA to NY how the heck does the city hawija consist of 3,500 square miles....just a simple question. is he a looney or is it a typo...lol who knows

I'm thinking something got lost in translation here. It's probably meant to be 9 kilometers, or somewhere between 5-6 miles ..?

• Upvote 1

LB is right about new border control being that to prevent money laundering, counterfeiting, and terrorism...but the 200000 dinars also reflects the exchange rate....this doesnt mean ..05 cents rate. It can be higher than that. We need to wait it out. I have no doubt that the rate had increased from last august 29 when the borders were open...so we wait.

• Upvote 6

The longer I have sat on this roller coaster ride the more I have sold myself on anywhere from .80 to 1.20. That's only because that nickle would just leave way too much play in the dinar to get it UP to an amount equal with the dollar. It could bounce up high, then drop, and everything else in between like the franc did. If it is worth a dollar, then Iraqis will get behind that in a big way, having no reason not to cash out their own dinar. (Not that they would actually go cash out, would suddenly just be worth more then the dollar. So then yes to cashing out their dollars!) At .5 cents, they are not going to be turning in their USD for  Dinar. It will remain a 2 currency country.... not what the Iraqis want. imho...

Edited by jcfrag
  • Upvote 4

I thought I read there are trillions of dinar, kept under the mattress,  by Iraqis.   Was the number 37 trillion?

What would be the incentive for them to take that money they keep at home and bring it into the banks that they don't trust?

I think they've got to get most of that money into the banks before they can start raising the dinar.

If there are trillions at home, most Iraqis would become wealthy.  They wouldn't need an HCL.

The number is 30 trillion, not 37 trillion:

"The Central Bank, in (June 7, 2016), the establishment of a deposit guarantee in the government and private banks with a capital of 100 billion Iraqi dinars, and said the aim of the foundation is to motivate citizens to deposit their money in banks rather than Aktnazha, explaining that the money compacta citizens outside banks amounting to more than 30 trillion dinars."

http://economy-news.net/content.php?id=7647

I wonder if "deposit insurance" alone will do the trick.  Will Iraqis trust that deposit insurance will "pay up", if necessary?

Or will they need more incentive than that?

Edited by Floridian

21 hours ago, Laid Back said:

Agree with you:twothumbs:

The new customs controls are to prevent, money laundering, counterfeiting and Terrorism support system" rel="">support.

I don't believe in the 0.5 cents theory 

Go CBI

Go New monetary policy 

Go RV

18 hours ago, SnowGlobe7 said:

I think Adam said it might start out at a dime.....when was that?

17 hours ago, ChuckFinley said:

Way back. Ever since I have been here he has stated that. 

15 hours ago, Freedomwish said:

Ditto...I believe big bro's 10 cents theory over the years is just probably to help keep us grounded.  :twothumbs:

Because he did state, would anyone argue with him if it shot up to $1? :peace:

I would love .5¢ out the gates, by the end of the day it will be at 1-1 then so on over the next few weeks...until it's Greater then Kuwait's ... that is all, good day my DV friends :tiphat:and the timing of this article over a three-day holiday in the states hmm...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

9 minutes ago, Officiallytook said:

I would love .5¢ out the gates, by the end of the day it will be at 1-1 then so on over the next few weeks...until it's Greater then Kuwait's ... that is all, good day my DV friends :tiphat:and the timing of this article over a three-day holiday in the states hmm...

Agreed OT......if this doesn't happen and happen soon, Iraq stands to lose more than all the DVers combined.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

The other side to that OT is if they really believe it will be that quick, why not just come out at a dollar. It's that sense of insecurity on their part that could work against them... But then the OTHER other side of that thought is, I don't care what they do as long as they do something.....  .Anything!!!   :D  :twothumbs:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DinarDavo said:

Agreed OT......if this doesn't happen and happen soon, Iraq stands to lose more than all the DVers combined.

6 minutes ago, jcfrag said:

The other side to that OT is if they really believe it will be that quick, why not just come out at a dollar. It's that sense of insecurity on their part that could work against them... But then the OTHER other side of that thought is, I don't care what they do as long as they do something.....  .Anything!!!   :D  :twothumbs:

Exactly lol

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, dinarham said:

If the dinar came out at 10 cents ,would that not clobber Kuwait's economy ? Why would they sign off? 

they do share a port .... we could be clamoring and running over the same ground this time next year or a change overnight could occur with zero fanfare ... we wait cheers

• Upvote 1