Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Friday Evening Opinions - 6:16 PM CDT - 3/15/2024

ronscarpa

EMEMBER, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what they perceive to be happening in Iraq... So, take everything with a grain of salt ... :twothumbs: RON 

Pimpy  Article Quote: "The Iraqi government is currently weighing the question of changing the currency so that the official cost of a US dollar will be 1,32 Iraqi dinars instead of 1320 dinars.  Implementing such a decision is likely to significantly increase Al-Sudani's popularity."  I know everybody somehow, someway got that the exchange rate was going to be $1.32. That's not what this article says.  It says the official cost of the US dollar will be 1.32 Iraqi dinars...What I'm hoping this means is $1 US will get you 132 Iraqi dinar. That would be pretty nice increase in the Iraqi exchange rate. That's a 90% increase.:twothumbs:

:tiphat:This is an AMAZING POST, especially coming from Pimpy...! RON 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Pow! 2

If this is a correct interpretation of the article, then 1 million IQD would be worth $7575.7575... That would be a 600+% profit on your original investment. Not what we were hoping for, but still respectable. 20 year return for some, and less for others. Blessings, RON :tiphat:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, ronscarpa said:

If this is a correct interpretation of the article, then 1 million IQD would be worth $7575.7575... That would be a 600+% profit on your original investment. Not what we were hoping for, but still respectable. 20 year return for some, and less for others. Blessings, RON :tiphat:

I think that figure is on 10,000/1.32=7575.7575

not a million. Now maybe I did not calculate this right.
But a Million would be 757,757.7575 

5 minutes ago, ronscarpa said:

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, MommaMia said:

Ooops should be  757,575.7575

• Upvote 3

48 minutes ago, ronscarpa said:

EMEMBER, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what they perceive to be happening in Iraq... So, take everything with a grain of salt ... :twothumbs: RON 

Pimpy  Article Quote: "The Iraqi government is currently weighing the question of changing the currency so that the official cost of a US dollar will be 1,32 Iraqi dinars instead of 1320 dinars.  Implementing such a decision is likely to significantly increase Al-Sudani's popularity."  I know everybody somehow, someway got that the exchange rate was going to be $1.32. That's not what this article says.  It says the official cost of the US dollar will be 1.32 Iraqi dinars...What I'm hoping this means is $1 US will get you 132 Iraqi dinar. That would be pretty nice increase in the Iraqi exchange rate. That's a 90% increase.:twothumbs:

:tiphat:This is an AMAZING POST, especially coming from Pimpy...! RON 

Pimpy is stating it incorrectly

The article said 

The Iraqi government is currently weighing the question of changing the currency so that the official cost of a US dollar will be 1.32 Iraqi dinars instead of 1,320 dinars. Implementing such a decision is likely to significantly increase Al Sudani’s popularity.

This would imply we would get $ .75  for every dinar.   

He inserted a comma where there is actually a period. 

Not sure where his line of thinking is coming from.

Edited by cranman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7

2 hours ago, MommaMia said:

You failed basic math MM, the correct figure is $7575.7575= $7575.76

Try it again using Pimpy's numbers: 1,000,000/132 ... it equals $7575.7575

1 minute ago, ronscarpa said:

You failed basic math MM, the correct figure is $7575.7575= $7575.76

Try it again using Pimpy's numbers: 1,000,000/132 ... it equals $7575.7575

But it stated 1.32 not 132. 
so if 132 that changes the equation. 

You must not of looked at my figures I used in my equation 1.32 not 132.

Pimpy  Article Quote: "The Iraqi government is currently weighing the question of changing the currency so that the official cost of a US dollar will be 1.32 Iraqi dinars instead of 1320 dinars.  Implementing such a decision is likely to significantly increase Al-Sudani's popularity."  I know everybody somehow, someway got that the exchange rate was going to be $1.32. That's not what this article says.  It says the official cost of the US dollar will be 1.32 Iraqi dinars...

9 hours ago, ronscarpa said:

Pimpy  What I'm hoping this means is $1 US will get you 132 Iraqi dinar. That would be pretty nice increase in the Iraqi exchange rate. That's a 90% increase.

1 USD=132 IQD, therefore 1 IQD=0.007575 USD. So, 1 million IQD X 0.0076=7,600 USD. If , Let's say 1 million IQD =1,000USD. So, our profit is 7,600 USD-1,000 USD=6,600USD/ million IQD. It isn't a bad profit eventhough we want more than that. What does everyone think about that?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, cranman said:

Pimpy is stating it incorrectly

The article said 

The Iraqi government is currently weighing the question of changing the currency so that the OFFICIAL COST of a US dollar will be 1.32 Iraqi dinars instead of 1,320 dinars. 

Just wonder , what is the real meaning of " OFFICIAL COST " according to Iraq definition? Does " OFFICIAL COST " have the same meaning as " OFFICIAL RATE "??

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, cranman said:

The Iraqi government is currently weighing the question of changing the currency so that the official cost of a US dollar will be 1.32 Iraqi dinars instead of 1,320 dinars. Implementing such a decision is likely to significantly increase Al Sudani’s popularity.

This would imply we would get $ .75  for every dinar.   

You're right Cranman.. 1 USD=1.32 IQD, therefore 1 IQD=0.75 USD. However,  If Pimple is hoping 1 USD=132 IQD, does that mean Pimple hope the CBI to delete 1 zero only ( not 3 zeros )? So If, Let's say, the current rate right now 1 USD=1,320 IQD, then delete 1 zero only , therefore 1 USD=132 IQD ( therefore 1 IQD= 0.0075 USD ). In conclusion, delete 1 zeros is what pimple is hoping for. Furthermore, noone want that, except pimple.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, rvmydinar said:

You're right Cranman.. 1 USD=1.32 IQD, therefore 1 IQD=0.75 USD. However,  If Pimple is hoping 1 USD=132 IQD, does that mean Pimple hope the CBI to delete 1 zero only ( not 3 zeros )? So If, Let's say, the current rate right now 1 USD=1,320 IQD, then delete 1 zero only , therefore 1 USD=132 IQD ( therefore 1 IQD= 0.0075 USD ). In conclusion, delete 1 zeros is what pimple is hoping for. Furthermore, noone want that, except pimple.

. 76 is from dropping the zeros before the "revalue" takes place. I suspect the reer will be higher. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, md11fr8dawg said:

That's why pimpy is an inflamed boil on the buttocks of the world!!!

$1.00/1.32 = $0.75757576/dinar, thus x 1,000,000 = $757,575.76.

I believe my math is correct.

Your math isn't wrong. However, Pimple is HOPING the IQD to delete 1 zero instead of 3 zeros because May Be pimple is impatient to wait until the CBI delete 3 zeros. So may be, let's say, after delete 1 zero, pimple want to cash out and don't want to hear the word " Iraq dinar " forever. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, rvmydinar said:

Your math isn't wrong. However, Pimple is HOPING the IQD to delete 1 zero instead of 3 zeros because May Be pimple is impatient to wait until the CBI delete 3 zeros. So may be, let's say, after delete 1 zero, pimple want to cash out and don't want to hear the word " Iraq dinar " forever. 

This sounds like the wisdom of Yota to me.....😮   CL 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, rvmydinar said:

Math looks correct to me so since you said it’s wrong why don’t you share with everyone your correct math instead of saying it’s wrong?? 

• Confused 1