Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Tuesday Afternoon Opinions @ 4:22 PM CST - 3/02/2021

Remember, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what  they perceive to be happening in Iraq. :twothumbs:RON

*** Pimpy *** This  [Recently discussed tweet from the Iraqi Government]  is old.  These were the words of the Finance Minister before the rate change happened {When they devalued in December}.  There's no date on this tweet...I'm pretty sure this is something that was said sometime in December or at least it was said in an article before the rate change happened when they first were talking about the White Paper reforms.  I don't want you to get down.  It's not bad news.  This is just  'look at everybody jumping on this like they're going to change the rate again' ...slow down sparky.  I got you.  I remember these words specifically.  These were said before they devalued the currency...

*** Jeff *** They've pretty much almost stopped the currency auctions.  Not quite to 100% but there's down to probably about 95% reduction in country.  That's tremendous.  Remember I told you about the time they devalued the currency clear back on December 20th - this is one of those patterns we were looking for...they have done so.  That's just more confirmation they're in the progress of changing that exchange rate.

*** Petra ***...if they were going to have a budget at 1450 or even 1190 they'd have done it.  That's what's key to understand.  They are waiting for the rate because they know that's what they need to make all the changes.

*** Frank26 *** The Iraqi dinar is pegged to the American Dollar.  You may say no it's not.  Trust me it is electronically.  It's already 1 to 1.  I know that's a bold statement to make...the Iraqi dinar is about to play fair with the American dollar.  It's pegged to it.  It has no choice.

*** Jeff ***  [Question: "Is the gain from this exchange rate considered taxable income?"]  I know a lot of people think this isn't going to be taxable.  It's going to be a taxable event guys.  We live in the greediest country in the world - the United States.  I promise you this will not go untaxed.  Plan on paying your taxes and getting on with your life.  Keep it legal.  Keep it real.  [Note:  Always consult a tax professional at the appropriate time.]

*** Mnt Goat *** Article: "AL-KHALIDI IS SURPRISED THAT THE CABINET HAS FORMED A COMMITTEE TO STUDY THE CONSEQUENCES OF CHANGING THE CURRENCY EXCHANGE RATE"   So, is this proposal to change the exchange rate just to change it back to 1250 before the devaluation to 1450 or is it to 1:1 with the US dollar and give the Iraqi dinar the strength it really deserves? I believe, based on other articles... that it is a study to go to 1:1 and then to eventually raise it back to 3:1 and even higher... there is much pressure to finally get this done.

:salute:

• Thanks 9
  • Upvote 4
9 hours ago, ronscarpa said:

*** Frank26 ***  It's already 1 to 1.  

hey everybody, frank said it is already 1:1. yee haaa come on guy let's run to the bank. and the teller in the bank ask who told you that it is already 1:1? frank26 said that? frank who? frank sinatra? opss did i say that out loud?

• Haha 3
15 hours ago, ronscarpa said:

Question: "Is the gain from this exchange rate considered taxable income?"]

I’m married to a tax attorney who has been practicing for 40 years. Trust me, this is not “taxable income” as defined by the IRS.  I’m not saying there won’t be tax consequences, but it is definitely not considered “income”.  

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5
  • Pow! 1
38 minutes ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

I’m married to a tax attorney who has been practicing for 40 years. Trust me, this is not “taxable income” as defined by the IRS.  I’m not saying there won’t be tax consequences, but it is definitely not considered “income”.  

Especially considering the IRS and income tax is going to be nonexistent soon👍

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

I liked you before, but now I really like you! Thanks for your input. It holds weight. :) I’m sure there will be consequences, and as much as I would love to believe the IRS is going away and will become nonexistent, I’m not holding my breath. I’ll believe it when I see it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

So am I correct... that is why it is suggested we have an OSA and an LLC?   So our taxes are less and only withdraw/transfer what we need each yr?    With the amount we are holding, we were thinking of just taking the tax hit once and be done.   I think it is 35%???

3 hours ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

I’m married to a tax attorney

Smart Choice ! ;) 

And At Least U’ll Never Have To Tell Him About The Penalty For Early Withdrawal ! :o 

:D  :D  :D 

Sorry HCR, It Was There - I Had To Do It ! :rolleyes: 

:lmao:  :lmao: 

• Haha 11
4 hours ago, shootn4cash said:

So our taxes are less and only withdraw/transfer what we need each yr?    With the amount we are holding, we were thinking of just taking the tax hit once and be done.   I think it is 35%???

I understand return on investment to be capital gains, not income. I sure hope capital gains is not 35%!

• Upvote 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ronscarpa
      Remember, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what  they perceive to be happening in Iraq. RON 

*** Clare *** Article: "Al-Kazemi: We are working to launch a comprehensive investment campaign in Iraq'" THIS IS A HUGE ARTICLE - KAZEMI  IS ACTUALLY MAKING AN ANNOUNCEMENT... "there will be work to launch a comprehensive investment campaign with the participation of Iraqi and foreign investors," THIS MUST HAVE THE NEW RATE! imo. FRANK26...told us...ABOUT THE EDUCATIONAL CAMPAIGN COMING TO THE CITIZENS... "THE CBI/GOI ARE NOW GOING TO PUT ADVERTISEMENTS EVERYWHERE...TV COMMERCIALS... BILLBOARDS ...NEWSPAPERS...REGARDING THE NEW CURRENCY THEY'RE ABOUT TO PUT OUT AND THAT THERE WILL BE A NEW EXCHANGE RATE FOR THIS CURRENCY" ...Walkingstick GAVE US THAT INFORMATION YEARS AGO!  BECAUSE HE KNEW IT WOULD BE SO AT THE END...AND WE ARE SURELY AT THE END NOW. IMO IT IS OBVIOUS!

*** Petra *** Kazemi came out last week and said they need to get 90 billion dollars in their reserves and they're only at 60.  That kinda freaked everybody out.  But if you think about it...if they were to come out with a strong rate...you've got to remember they've done currency swaps with a lot of other countries...Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Qatar, a lot of the GCC countries.  They all hold dinar...if Iraq came out and kept their 1450 it would absolutely tank that middle eastern basket.  All their currencies would drop.  You know that's not going to happen.  That's ridiculous...(Post 1 of 2).. 

*** Petra *** If they come out really strong with their rate when they do their revaluation then all the middle eastern currencies that are the basket value increases.  Iraq has their currencies because they did the swap so guess what happens?  The reserves inside of Iraq skyrocket.  So to me, to cover that 30 billion is going to happen very very quickly if it hasn't happened already. Not to mention the amount of funds that are out there that they are going to go and repatriate and bring back into the country that were stolen, smuggled or whatever.  It's like $500 billion...yeah I don't think it's an issue at all...(Post 2 of 2).. 

*** Walkingstick *** The CBI is now getting ready.  They are about to put out information about the monetary reform to see what leaks out.  And trust me it will leak out...Why would the CBI put out information about the monetary reform?  To see what leaks out.  The CBI for the last few years has watched everybody - especially from parliament and their own CBI structure...The CBI watched very carefully all those that put out negative information  on the monetary reform.  They know where the leaks are...the CBI is about to put out information about the monetary reform - 1 to 1, the new small category notes all that stuff - to see where it leaks out and once they find where it's leaking out they'll deal with it...

• By ronscarpa
      Remember, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what  they perceive to be happening in Iraq. RON 

*** Pimpy *** WARNING: Rumor in the dinar community has it that a special person's name we won't mention...wants you guys to send your dinar to him to get a special rate?  I'm going to say to you the same thing I said about gold or silver - If you don't have it, you don't own it...

*** Frank26 *** What's most important to you and me as investors of the Iraqi dinar is not the internal rate which the CBI will soon enough release to give the citizens better purchasing power which we are suggesting 1 to 1 to the American dollar.  The budget is nice and the budget is in the gazette which now allows the CBI to play with the exchange rate...do you think they're going to decrease the exchange rate?  Of course not.  Do you think they're going to increase it 1 to 1 with the American dollar?  Yes!  We have articles telling us they're going to do that.  The budget being printed in the gazette has unlocked the CBI to raise the rate inside internally therefor giving the international growth of the Iraqi currency also more potential.

• By ronscarpa

*** Walkingstick *** In our strong opinion the budget is calculated at a 1 to 1 rate.  This budget with this rate does exist.  We simply await for the budget to be released with these numbers.  The numbers and the accounting of a 1 to 1 rate...are already done.  They are already in the budget and they will be retroactive to the beginning of this year...
          *** Petra *** I am very excited. We have never been to this place before.  We've never been in this position before.  We all thought things were happening.  We thought this was going to happen but we've never before have we been in a spot where we know it's about to happen. And it really gets me excited...

*** Frank26 *** Because you have an official budget you need an official exchange rate. Who says? The Fab 4...IMO they can now change - again - the exchange rate...  
    • By ronscarpa

*** Walkingstick *** The CBI and the GOI are now going to put advertisements everywhere.  On billboards, commercials on television, they'll put them in the newspaper, they'll have pictures of the new small category notes, all of this information and that they'll be a new exchange rate for this currency ...it's basically down to weeks.   

*** Petra *** The Kurds sent a message to Baghdad saying you have our approval.  We approve the budget now implement it.  And that's a quote.  We approve the budget we are now ordering you and directing you to implement it.  They didn't say implement in the next 25 days.  They didn't say implement in 2 weeks.  It said implement now.  I don't know what else to say about that...you got to move.  You've got to do something.  You've got to go...we've never been in this position before.  There's always been reason and excuses of why it hasn't happened.  But now it's at the doorstep.  It's right there...we're very excited about where we're at.

*** Frank26 *** We now have a budget for Iraq.  It's official.  This is the first budget I've seen in Iraq in my lifetime...that's extremely important...the main thing is it's now published in an official public venue the gazette.  What's the rate in that budget? ...1460.  It would have been illegal to release the budget with any other rate of 1460...right now the official exchange rate is 1460.  Period.  End of story...at anytime they can retro the exchange rate back to January first...the CBI is going to change the rate 1 to 1 and the budget will go retroactive 1 to 1 too...the budget is not legal until it is in the gazette.  It's never been in the gazette.  It's in the gazette ladies and gentleman so NOW the change of the Iraq dinar exchange rate is game on!

*** Mnt Goat *** Article: "ADVISOR AL-KAZEMI: FLOATING THE CURRENCY LEADS TO THE COLLAPSE OF THE IRAQI MARKET"  Salih is referring to dangers if they floated the dinar within Iraq using the program rate not reinstating and then floating it as an internationally traded currency on FOREX. The finance committee keeps pushing for an internal float. So what he is really saying is that if they are going to float the currency then first reinstate it and peg it to a “basket” of currencies for stability.   *** Militiaman *** Saleh...obviously said this today for a reason.  He's talking about not floating the currency.  He's in a sense saying we're not floating the currency but we're going to do something possibly different...he's saying that for a reason because this next stage is going to be very short and he'll need to have communicated what he's thinking.  Sometimes he tells you the opposite...they tell you what they're not going to do...in this particular case  it sounds like he's got it sorted that...he's not necessarily going to float the currency...I'm not saying it's 100% right but the implications is it should be a strong sustainable exchange rate...

• By ronscarpa

*** Breitling *** People can say whatever they want.  But you're sitting here watching somebody build a race car.  You ask them are you going to go racing?  Or are you building a race car?  [They answer] 'No!'  Well you have a chassis there.  You've got the biggest engine I've ever seen, 6 point harness to keep you in in case you roll, you've got roll bars.  What are you going to use it for?  Doesn't make any sense.  You have to watch what they're doing physically...They're not always going to reveal exactly what it is they're going to do because they can't because if they do say they're going to revalue and the word gets out in Iraq they [the citizens] are not going to spend their money.  It's going to cause a huge economic crisis...they're trying to prop up their own currency.  That has not changed and will not change.  And that is exactly what Iraq is doing and you can have confidence in it...

*** Frank26 *** There's a new rate coming...there's no need to talk about printing the currency.  There's no need talking about the HCL. There's no need to talk about the white papers...A month ago the articles were saying they lowered the value of our currency...and it's going to stay that way for 4 years...everybody got discouraged...that's beyond stupid.  None of that is logical.  Then a little over 2 weeks we told you they were going to talk to you about the 3 zero notes and then they're going to talk to you about the 3 zero exchange rate.  For the last 2 1/2 weeks articles...are saying they lowered the exchange rate and that was a dumb thing to do and we should increase it...so where's all the negativity?  It was all garbage.  It was all rumors.

*** Militiaman *** I think you have every right to be excited about what's going on.  I'm looking forward to seeing this final push for them to get this thing done.

*** Frank26 *** The budget is the key.  The budget is the heartbeat of what's going on...it is absolutely erroneous to believe the 1460 rate that they have right now is going to be the permanent rate for this budget...the tell tale sign is the international world pouring into Iraq.  That's the biggest clue...article this week came out and said 'hey stop with all the rumors and negativity talk.  We can retroactive this anytime we want.'  Why would they bring that subject up?  Because that's what their intentions are.  Why would the CBI and the GOI say this?  ...we are beyond very close...

*** Petra *** We all know the budget was passed on the 31st and now the clock is ticking and the pressure is on...the heat is getting insurmountable that the CBI has got to make their move.  With that budget passed now all we're talking about is implementation... Many of the article today they used that word implementation, to implement, implement, begin, get going, let's move!

*** Mnt Goat *** I am now being told by my CBI contact that they are moving ahead aggressively with the RV and will replace the older larger 3 zero notes very soon. This means to us RV time!  ...Let’s all hang on to our hats. This is going to be a very interesting month ahead. We could end up rich at the end of the ride.

*** Kaperoni *** For those interested, over the weekend after being signed off by the Iraqi president the Gazette posted the 2021 budget despite objections from several political blocks. [Reposted]

• Testing the Rocker Badge!

• Live Exchange Rate

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.