Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq pays 270 million dollars for compensation for the invasion of Kuwait

yota691

6 minutes ago, SnowGlobe7 said:

I thought Kuwait waived the balance due?

I think there were recent reports that the remaining reparations were to be waived in lieu of exclusive investment opportunities?

Edited by DinarDavo
  • Upvote 2

2004 article showing countries waived 80 percent

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/11/22/world/middleeast/major-creditors-in-accord-to-waive-80-of-iraq-debt.html?_r=0

2009 article showing the total

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/jul/29/opinion/ed-iraq29

this shows the last payment deferred.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-mideast-crisis-iraq-kuwait-idUKKCN0SN1FB20151029

I know there are more recent articles......

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, SnowGlobe7 said:

I thought Kuwait waived the balance due?

Me too . . . Can we believe any info coming out of Iraq as credible ? No - Iraqs track record with erroneous, half truths and such news just gets worse. It's the first thought that runs across their minds ( truth/rumor/hearsay) doesn't matter - throw it out there, we'll say something else next week.

What a train wreck !

• Upvote 2

I thinkk that the bad guys were and are running a few of the media outlets. (I remember Yota saying some can not be trusted)

Then we have the translation issue...

We are left trying to figure out a puzzle and have to find the pieces and do not even know what they will look like when all put together.

:angry:

• Upvote 2

I did a search in the forums and on Sept. 25,2016 Yota posted and acticle that Kuwait gave Iraq 

a three year reprieve to 2019. I don't know how to bring it over though. Kitty Kat Chuck?  Help !

Iraq's debt to Kuwait page 2

Edited by nannab
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Abadi: We are committed to pay all Kuwaiti reparations

June 27, 2017

العبادي: ملتزمون بسداد كافة التعويضات الكويتية

Iraqi Prime Minister al - Abadi said on the occasion of the anniversary of the return of Kuwaiti relations - Iraqi that "although the former regime tried to be our relationship with Kuwait bloody abusive relationship but thankfully we managed today as two that turn the relationship into an example in the region and work to restore balance to the those relations have succeeded in this to a great degree. "

He expressed hope that an end to all outstanding issues between the two countries since the invasion of Kuwait , including Kuwait 's compensation only $ 4.6 billion was left file stressing Iraq 's commitment to being a decision to repay internationalist duty implementation.

Abadi also vowed to end all other files with Kuwait, including the missing Kuwaitis file , stressing that his country is the Kuwaiti government provided a lot of information in this regard.

Abadi called for more cooperation between the two countries to overcome the rest of the belongings , stressing that Baghdad is ready for this cooperation to push the relationship between the two countries forward and to serve the interests of the two brotherly peoples.

He stressed that his government encourages Kuwaiti investments in Iraq , and urges more cooperation between the two countries in various other bilateral areas.
In contrast , the Kuwaiti ambassador to Iraq , said Salem Zamanan fixed Kuwait 's position in support of the security and unity, sovereignty and stability of brotherly Iraq without interfering in its internal affairs and expressed hope that culminate in the efforts to achieve national reconciliation in this country 's success.

He pointed out that the participation of His Highness the Amir at the Arab summit held in Baghdad, the highest representation in the level of participation "proof of Kuwait 's keenness on Iraq 's return to its natural place in the region.

He stated that Kuwait has spared no effort to help Iraq and its people in the fields all pointing to the achievements of the Kuwait Fund for economic development of the establishment of 23 model schools in a number of Iraqi provinces , as well as allocated to the construction of a hospital Kuwaiti grant surgery in Basra, which reached an advanced stage of completion.

on the war on terrorism , he expressed his ambassador Zamanan aspiration of Kuwait to Sunday , Tphal with the brothers in Iraq to declare final victory over the so - called organization of the Islamic state (Daesh).

He explained that based on the directives of His Highness the Amir Sheikh Sabah Al - Ahmad Al - Jaber Al - Sabah rushed Kuwait to extend a helping hand to displaced people in the governorates of Anbar, Salahuddin, Diyala, Kirkuk and Nineveh , as pledged in 2015 to provide $ 200 million to aid displaced people.

He said the "Kuwaiti aid also included the construction of 38 temporary schools to this day and to ensure that the number of orphans and the adoption of a project for vocational training for widows in the affected processing provinces mobile clinics and build tents and distribution of medicine and (blankets) and bags All school and in coordination with the competent authorities in Iraq. "

Turning Ambassador to the meeting , which was held in Kuwait late last April between officials of the Kuwait Fund for Development and the President of the Fund for the reconstruction of the affected areas in Iraq , Mustafa al - Hiti , which dealt with what has been accomplished towards the convening of an international conference of development partners for the reconstruction of the affected areas in Iraq due to the war against terrorism.

At the political level , the ambassador said that the governments of the two countries broke off a long way in understanding, coordination and cooperation as the number of agreements and memoranda of understanding signed between the two countries to 53 agreements and memorandum as a result of the positive atmosphere and a firm desire and goodwill of the two countries.
Edited by DWS112
  • Upvote 10

38 minutes ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

I read articles ages ago saying these 2 countries had sorted everything out. Now this. You cannot believe anything from over there !! 50 shades of gray and not a one of'em is sexy.

Iraq is a killer. In the coming days, soon, and weeks go bye. :lol:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now, new york kevin said:

To me it sounded like they were all in love. Then again there was some translation and grammatical  issues.

Yeah, I hear you, New York Kevin, looks like just as in love...................there are communication, relationship, resolution, and fulfillment issues..........

:o   :o   :o

Top Of The Evening To You! :tiphat:

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

Yeah, I hear you, New York Kevin, looks like just as in love...................there are communication, relationship, resolution, and fulfillment issues..........

:o   :o   :o

Top Of The Evening To You! :tiphat:

Go Moola Nova!

At worst all they need is a little marriage and financial counseling. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, WheresmyRV? said:

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if we are still waiting on this one year from now. :butt-kicking:

Doubt it. They are at the point of Shite or get off the pot. Abadi has tried several times now to allow it to float on its own, with absolutely no results. I think he knows by now they are going to have to jump start it to trigger the float. There are still huge populations that think of Iraq as a bunch of losers and their currency will never be more then what it is currently worth, and they are right.  Iraq has got to show some faith in themselves and their currency if they want to move forward. It just ain't going to happen without a decent kickstart.... imho.   :mellow:

Edited by jcfrag
  • Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, new york kevin said:

At worst all they need is a little marriage and financial counseling. 

Nah, New York Kevin, Just Wing It!!! Typically those folks that do that fare the best!!! :o   :o   :o

Well, OK, I am not a marriage or relationship counselor (likely for good reason) and I was just sharing an observation!

In the mean time........................

Go Moola Nova!

• Upvote 2

• yota691 changed the title to Iraq pays 270 million dollars for compensation for the invasion of Kuwait
  • Adam Montana locked this topic