Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Obama Just Re-Elected President

Rayzur

***//

WALLY.... we feel like somebody just turned off the sun -- forever. mellow.gif

but we knew it would go down like this... so we're not shocked.... just bummed. sad.gif

It's difficult to take, ladies, there's no question about it. After Fox announced they were projecting Obama would take Ohio all I could do was take my dogs for a walk.... a long walk.

America as we grew up with is officially over; America as the Founders envisioned it is officially over.

We will now print (money) ourselves into a slow oblivion because there's no other way, now, to get out of the mess we're in.

My heart is sad that I have to watch this happen.....

But in the end, this earth is not my home.....

I will post these verses again because they give me comfort:

"But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up." 2 Peter 3:10

"Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away." Matt. 24:35

"Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God [is] with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them [and be] their God. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away." Rev. 21:1-4

WW.

• Upvote 9

It's difficult to take, ladies, there's no question about it. After Fox announced they were projecting Obama would take Ohio all I could do was take my dogs for a walk.... a long walk.

America as we grew up with is officially over; America as the Founders envisioned it is officially over.

We will now print (money) ourselves into a slow oblivion because there's no other way, now, to get out of the mess we're in.

"But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up." 2 Peter 3:10

"Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will by no means pass away." Matt. 24:35

"Now I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away. Also there was no more sea. Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God [is] with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them [and be] their God. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away." Rev. 21:1-4

WW.

Amen WW! I just never thought I would see this happen during my lifetime. Blessings!

• Upvote 3

The old saying that man will give up freedom for security up until the time he realizes that the very entity offering that security are the ones we need protection from is true! I agree with you about that! I find that to be one of the very things Bush did that I hated!!!! I understand securing America from attacks but not at the cost of liberty!

Dead on brother.... hopefully when you left the military, you joined Oath Keepers :).... And yeah its something Bush did and Obama renewed... and that was then and this is now.... it floors me that no one talks about it.... its almost like we are afraid the SS is going to break down the door and arrest us at our computers.... The other day here on DV someone was ranting about Obama taking away people's rights by holding them without attorneys, etc etc for questioning... and the multi-jurisdictional feds that charged into this business... and I'm thinking... omg, people really don't know the law and what happened to their civil rights years before Obama showed up (this is not about partisian commentary, and is used only referentially).....

And btw, for what its worth.... it did nothing... as in no thing.... to secure the US from "attacks".... Now, look at what it does to civil rights and your money.... and holy moley.... We are in so deep.... I really wonder if any one guy can pull us out... and I don't see it.... I think we better figure out how to overcome whatever differences there are and start working toward standing up and together for what really matters in the end... And meantime? I'll be stocking up my hideout... ;)

• Upvote 2

First of all, you have no idea how many "conservative leaning" members received Mod Review for not following the rules.

Second, you don't need to know!

Third, the Mods on this site work real hard to keep things civil and questioning our decisions will only result in you being put on Mod Review.

Does that pretty much cover it for you?

:rocking-chair:

WOW

• Upvote 3

Historically, that hyper inflation could hit quick! The amount of money we are printing and the amount we are spending far surpasses even what Germany did in the 30's. my grandpa said that he walked into a coffee shop and ordered coffee and pastry... Before it was delivered to him, the price jumped to be 3 times what it was.... Hyper inflation happened overnight there and they did not do their QE at near the volume we are......

What will really cause hyper-inflation to hit quick is if the wheels of the economy really started moving again. The damage is done, the money has already been printed. The only reason we are not seeing hyper-inflation right now is because the banks, for the most part, are holding on to that cash. This is because the economy is not really growing, it's stagnant, regardless of how rosy people try to paint it.

In other words, the money has been printed to help the banks stay afloat with all of the bad debt they have on their books, but it's not hitting the streets.

If the economy started booming that's when we would see overnight hyper-inflation because that money would be released into the marketplace.

I guess what I'm trying to say is we are not in a good situation right now, no matter how you look at it. My hope was that if Romney won and the American economic engine came roaring back to life, we would be able to muddle through some hyper-inflation because so many would be working again. But that ship has sailed.

Since I don't think GDP will do much better than 2%+ anymore (extremely weak economic growth) I don't think we are in danger of overnight hyper-inflation. I think it will be a slow death. Gas will probably hit $6/ gal. next summer, and then $7/ gal. the summer after that, etc.

The real monkey wrench would be when the majority of the world decides it no longer wants to use the USD to settle trade contracts. Now that will be a "sticky wicket." I can't predict what will happen when that occurs.

By the way, stonewall, I hope you don't think I'm simply being argumentative, here. I actually enjoy your posts and the presence you bring to DV. I'm simply sharing my limited view of economics and monetary policy.

WW.

****////

We know, right...?!

There's been resistance to these types of actions by folks in the know,

but too few of us speak out.

I'm becoming more than concerned that if "we" don't start speaking out now..... the time to do so, will pass. The internet is great in that it brings people together... and not so great in that anyone with a computer can join the party even if they are not invited....

Our voices dimmed by the bleating flocks who nod approval of everything

touched by their demigods,

Do you think they even bothered to question it? Do you think many even read or understood what they were reading... (day'um legalese) I honestly truely think that if Disney made a movie and spelled it out for people to understand.... they would flip out and fill the streets.... okay, maybe I hope they would.... Maybe people just don't care anymore?

our pleas for justice falling on the deaf ears of those we sent to Washington who

are being held hostage by the inner workings and side-dealings of a useless governmental machine.

I almost wonder if they know what it says..... or are they so wrapped up in the weeds, they don't bother to examine this dusty ole law and its over arching implications and impact?

WW.

Amen.... I just told my wife that this could be Gods plan to start bringing his son to us again or for bringing us back to his,son!!! Israel had to endure wicked rulers and captivity in order to find God again in their hearts.... America produces the greatest nation through the Great Depression and WWII. These hardships caused a steeling to come over Americans and a can to spirit

• Upvote 3

The scriptures must be fulfilled. It's sin that puts us in a rut. Liquor, fast living, drugs, you name it. If you practice these things, you deserve O..."Wine is a mocker and strong drink is raging. Whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise" Prov.20:1. God can still bless our nation if we can close down some liquor stores and bars, and get more people to church. America wasn't built by liquor heads and druggies, it was built by Bible believing christians who loved God & went to church faithfully. It certainly wasn't built by Muslims, no US president ever bowed down to a Muslim. God help us.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

The real monkey wrench would be when the majority of the world decides it no longer wants to use the USD to settle trade contracts. Now that will be a "sticky wicket." I can't predict what will happen when that occurs.

WW.

Thanks for the great economic analysis WW... always enjoy reading your posts and perspective..... I think the life of the USD is short to the door.... Not because of Obama at all..... he really wasn't even around when the IMF and WB first initially started talking about this... And its always so interesting the way the IMF introduces what they are going to propose.... Wade through their dry analytical research and conclusions... and you can be pretty sure they are telegraphing the next move... floating it out there... to see what comes back at them, if anything.... They started floating the USD as world reserve currency be replaced years ago.... I think it was before the GCC was supposed to have a one area currency (2010, put off to 2015).....

The IMF has proposed a basket of currencies be held as the world reserve currency in their research proposal, analysis... discussion... and I seem to recall that the Yuan may be one of those considered? That I can't remember right now.... And of course the USD would remain part of it....

So keep your eyes on the IMF and you can pretty much figure out what and approximately when something is coming down the pike.... I give this one about 5 to 8 years, conservatively.....

• Upvote 2

***///

RAYZUR - you got what we were trying to articulate...

and yes, we do feel the time to speak out has passed...

perfect example: when nancy pelosi said -- if we wanted to know what was

in obummercare, we'd "have to pass it first."

...and they did.

It's broken, RAYZ.... broken bad. :(

The sheeple and their sheperds are like the Honey Badger -- they don't care.

• Upvote 2

The IMF has proposed a basket of currencies be held as the world reserve currency in their research proposal, analysis... discussion... and I seem to recall that the Yuan may be one of those considered? That I can't remember right now.... And of course the USD would remain part of it....

So keep your eyes on the IMF and you can pretty much figure out what and approximately when something is coming down the pike.... I give this one about 5 to 8 years, conservatively.....

Good post.... I lean this way, too. I don't think the USD is just going to cease to exist, neither is America. Americans will just have to learn how to really scale back their standard of living.... but I don't think the USD is going anywhere. Not for awhile, anyway.

WW.

• Upvote 1

I am literally crying right now! God please protect the United States this next 4 years...I hope my fears of Obama are wrong!

Always trust your instincts

Never doubt that inner voice trying to keep you from danger.

Unsavory times will be ahead ....I felt this 4 years ago.

Oh and our rv, will happen when hell freezes over, but that won't be until 2016/17

• Upvote 1

Bumper64 is the only moderator who said respect the president and prettymuch stay out of politics. most of the other moderators were different. I have listen to people talk about the president for four years and now people are getting banned for celebrating I think some moderators need to be moderated.If i was a moderator which adam should have done long ago. iwould suspen some of the moderators for being a sore loser. take it like a man Just Saying

• Upvote 9

I have a different take.

What is keeping the US markets afloat now? QE and only QE. If the Fed were to announce tomorrow that they were going to stop QE THAT'S when the stock market would plunge. The DOW would probably drop below 6,000 points almost over night.

But with Obama that's not going to happen. What we're going to see now is continued QE for years (hence QE to infinity) until the USD becomes so hyper-inflated no one will want to touch it. This means the USD will lose it's place as the World Reserve Currency. It should also mean the markets will continue to rise, along with the prices of gold and silver, until the USD goes kaput.

I don't think anything will be allowed to default, in other words. I think the stage is set that whenever we see another crisis is about to hit, more money will be printed to avert the immediate danger. I still think we have a few years to serious hyper-inflation but I don't think we will see any of the markets collapsing anytime soon. Think about how well commodities will be doing (grain, corn, gas, precious metals, cotton, etc.) if the USD is hyper-inflated. If anything, I think the Dow will reach all time new highs going forward. The more money that's printed the higher the Dow will go.....

WW.

I agree. Will be hyperinflation...and it's already started! It didnt happen overnight in the Weimar...it was gradual...then it spun out of control so fast that I'm sure those living it only remembered how it directly affected them and remembered how it took all their pay just to buy bread!

16 trillion in debt....trillions in unfounded liabilities...

If you were to take 1 dollar and equate it to one second...do you know how far back in years that would take us for one trillion dollars?

33,000 years times 16 just for our national debt!!!!!!!! I believe unfounded hovers above 60 trillion (Medicaid, SS) we can't keep up with the interest payments on the national debt!

Anyways jmo...start thinking globally and you may still have the chance to succeed. Rather live the "american Dream" start thinking " world dream"

Also follow the money...and get out of mainstream.

Markinsa replied

Saved By The Blood!

Posted Yesterday, 11:55 PM

simple, on 06 November 2012 - 10:48 PM, said:

Thats what 75% of your daily bloggers do - of course their Republicans. They can't tonight! Don't cry Mark!

I'm not crying, just trying to keep the peace. You were warned. Your posting priviledges have been suspended for 3 days.

TexasGranny replied

Posted Today, 12:04 AM

simple, on 06 November 2012 - 10:48 PM, said:

Thats what 75% of your daily bloggers do - of course their Republicans. They can't tonight! Don't cry Mark!

Your posting ability is suspended for 2 days because you just couldn't resist commenting again.

Doing the math 3 days + 2 days = 5 days :eyebrows:

Edited by yota691
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Yes majority wins in the electoral college but the fact is...... We are divided!

End Quote

but that happens in all (or most) normal democratic countries... Division among voting People.. It's part of the democracy game... Then why should America be any different?

• Upvote 1

I do not understand how people can hang their hats on an election. Is your life better now than it was 4 years ago? Will your life be better four years from now? Want to know a little secret? My life IS better than it was four years ago and it is because I took responsibility for myself and did NOT rely on who was elected as my Mayor or my President. Your life can get better today too if you take charge of your life and stop blaming people and circumstances (which YOU choose your relationships and create your circumstances). Create better circumstances--read books, search for the answers you desire. If success were easy then everyone would have it. It's meant to be discovered, not spoon-fed to you. If you are not better off and fear that Obama is going to make it worse, I challenge you to focus on improving yourself and see what happens. It won't matter who is in office once you realize where the real power lies...it is within; don't be without! Laws don't stop people from being themselves--murderers will murder and lovers will love. Get over that hump and focus on changing you for a little while--your circumstances WILL improve :) Anyway Leggo RV! :twothumbs:

• Upvote 4

Bumper64 is the only moderator who said respect the president and prettymuch stay out of politics. most of the other moderators were different. I have listen to people talk about the president for four years and now people are getting banned for celebrating I think some moderators need to be moderated.If i was a moderator which adam should have done long ago. iwould suspen some of the moderators for being a sore loser. take it like a man Just Saying

Let me make this clear. NO ONE was banned, their posting priviledges were suspended. They weren't celebrating they were being unsportsmanlike, and I warned them about that beforehand. If I see you complain about the moderating in an open forum, I'll suspend your posting priviledges too. Read the Forum Rules!

-

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thats lousy Makinsa,

since this crappy election started the majoritiy of people on this site has HATED Obama. Now that he is back in office and his supporter are cheering him on and happy about it your banning them... Oh I see R &*^ism is a alive and well.

Imagine That!!!

Banned suspended whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 7