Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Oil agreement between Baghdad and Erbil will be presented to Parliament!

yota691

Be careful George.  You talking too much sense.  Do you know more or maybe even just something else?

I'm little more than a casual observer of geopolitical events in the M.E. since the the Yom Kippur war in '73.  I've lived and worked in the M.E. for a number of years and seen first hand the success of moderate Arab governments.  My opinion is that Baghdad has always wanted to join and eventually lead the GCC but could never get their act together.  However, with Iran about to receive a multi-billion dollar windfall in part because of secret negotiations with the US brokered in Oman just across the Strait of Hormuz and Iran, Baghdad is waking up to the reality that the Persian Gulf may soon become the gulf of Iran. Regardless how much oil Iraq has in the ground, it's worthless if it can't be brought to market.

Personally, I think the gold rush is on and Iraq will do everything it can to modernize an energetic seaport in Umm Qasr while simultaneously developing a GCC financial center that will mitigate Tehran's Jihadist efforts.  Ultimately, I believe Baghdad and modern Babylon will replace Dubai as the wealthiest M.E. show country.

I think it is inevitable for the Dinar to increase in value but whether or not it is the Dinar we hold in our little hands is yet to be determined.

I think we'll know in a relatively short period of time. :goodnews:  :soon:  

• Upvote 15

Thanks, George.  Good to see you on the airwaves!  Care to expand on your comment "whether or not it is the Dinar we hold in our little hands is yet to be determined."

Thanks, Yota.  You are one of the best in the biz.

Edited by Carrello
  • Upvote 3

Dude!  (George Hayduke)   the quote didn't work on my post

How refreshing to have an actual insightful and informative commentary on this subject rather than the silly nonsense that so many post here.  Please post your thoughts and insights more often!

And,like Carrello said......what did you mean by your comment regarding the dinar we hold in our little hands?

Edited by climber7
  • Upvote 1

Good to hear from you too C-gal - keep that golf cart polished up for the bar crawl to Joe Josts for a post RV pickled egg :D  

As for the Dinar we hold in our little hands  (maybe I should have said dainty for you, Carrillo  B))  all I meant, is that after reading (for years and years) the possibilities of the currency changing form, faces, denominations and security features the one possibility that is seldom addressed is an altogether new currency issued representing the value of 'The New Iraq' and exploding GDP once IMF restrictions have been lifted.  This probability can be debated ad-nauseum but it is still a possibility.  'IF' it did occur, the remaining question would be how would Iraq honor the value, if any, of the Dinar we hold.  Would it be the value of the pre-IMF lifting of restrictions, say 1160 or thereabouts? Or, would it be sorry Charlie, too bad so sad, thanks for playing...

Just musing - that's all  :bugs:

• Upvote 3

Russia, Syria and Iran begin to build a coalition and suddenly Iraq decides to get its homework done... 

I had thought somewhat the same on this - add also, then the President of China is in the UK this week on that intro of the Yuan into that basket of currencies thingy........2016 is looking to be the wildest year ever on a global scale if I may say so!! Yup!!  :twothumbs:

:praying:  :praying: KEEPING THE FAAAAAAAAITH!!!!  :praying: :praying:

Wow, just another exciting day in Iraq. I don't get excited, I don't think

anybody gets excited anymore. I'm going to keep praying though.

Maybe the camel juice is getting better, I hope so, I'm sick of waiting.

Now lets see if they can get it together, and start the economy with some

value on the Dinar.

GO RV

Im not running out buying a new truck just yet, Last week the news was starting Over from square one with  HCL. this week going to the house, Been in this to long to jump up and down Just yet.. FAT LADY need sing me a sweet song first... THANKS for the GREAT news I was in need of a pick me up...

• Upvote 2

Im not running out buying a new truck just yet, Last week the news was starting Over from square one with  HCL. this week going to the house, Been in this to long to jump up and down Just yet.. FAT LADY need sing me a sweet song first... THANKS for the GREAT news I was in need of a pick me up...

I'm with you on this!!!

• Upvote 1