Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Shabibi given 7 year prison sentence

italiancat

For those members that have been around long enough to know Shabibi's situation, I ask you are they right in doing this ? Is he really guilty in your opinion? Or is this just political torture.

I was under the impression that he was good for Iraq. So Im very surprised to hear this.

Another Maliki trick to hinder A bad I. I hope A bad I can see thru this trick of that cancerous snake (Maliki) that needs to be eradicated.

• Upvote 1

they issued this arrest warrant like 2 years ago under maliki who also locked Saleh up (Shabibi's deputy).  maliki got mad because he wanted the cbi to issue money to goi.  shabs retorted that the cbi was a sovereign entity not under goi control or influence.  maliki then went on the warpath using his control over the judiciary to run cbi officials out of the country or locked them up.  

• Upvote 2

It would seem that Maliki still has some corrupt officials in his wallet.

In "Dinar World" there have been...are so many strange scenarios. In My Humble Opinion (IMHO) this is just one more....tie up Shabibi so he can't be appointed new CBI head.

So many games played by so many people and just one puppet master.

they issued this arrest warrant like 2 years ago under maliki who also locked Saleh up (Shabibi's deputy).  maliki got mad because he wanted the cbi to issue money to goi.  shabs retorted that the cbi was a sovereign entity not under goi control or influence.  maliki then went on the warpath using his control over the judiciary to run cbi officials out of the country or locked them up.  

Trinity Saleh is next.

Call of economists, professionals and intellectuals Iraqis to renew solidarity with the national economic efficiency d. The appearance of Mohammed Saleh, former deputy governor of the central bank after the postponement of his trial for the fifth time, at least until the day of September 9, 2014 - Click here to participate in the campaign of solidarity

- PUBLISHED IN 06/20/2013
Dr.-Mudhir-new-photo-305x181.jpg

>> To sign the petition, click here <<

After the campaign defamatory, which affected the central bank and its governor article illegally nor constitutional, Dr. Sinan al-Shabibi, and his deputy, the appearance of Dr. Mohammed Saleh and his arrest, and the arrest of a number of employees and staff of the Central Bank of each was responsible for the acts of an executive auction of foreign currency to the Central Bank, now came the role of Deputy Governor the appearance of Dr. Mohammed Saleh, after his release, to appear before the judiciary on charges is unclear, but the series completed so the absence of qualified Iraqi known for contributing to the formulation of monetary policy in Iraq, which has achieved remarkable stability at the exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar after decades of collapse. As is known widely, the last campaign on economic castles professional work in the Iraqi state, the CBI, the aim was to reach the foreign currency reserves who stood against the former governor used illegally to lend to the government .

The appearance of Dr. Mohammed Saleh economic seasoned affairs of monetary policy and knows many of us also through his meetings with the media, has worked at the central bank since the seventies, and included in his work there, until he became vice-governor during the past few years, and has also posts known in the economic literature Iraqi and other .

We Kaguetsadaan and professionals and intellectuals Iraqis, express strong concern, which continued to happen for a few months, targeting the central bank by targeting competencies and cadres professional, including our colleague Dr Mazhar, who stand in solidarity with him, and with Dr. Sinan al-Shabibi, with Messrs Hassan Hashim al-Haidari, and resolute star Ani, who ruled unjustly for six months, in addition to the two women Fauzia Kazim Ali and Haifa Peter, from bank employees who continue to languish in detention for a few months without the right to release them on bail despite the conditions difficult humanitarian. We demand their immediate release, and Champions all prosecutions of illegal and unconstitutional against them, and the return of all of their rights as employees in the central bank.

We Kaguetsadaan and professionals and intellectuals Iraqis express once again our solidarity moral complete with a colleague Economic known appearance of Dr. Mohammed Saleh, who is suffering from chronic diseases such as high blood pressure, diabetes and other diseases difficult for those in the age, and we hold the state and its judicial responsibility in the event that the validity of any deterioration.We also demand the respect of the Central Bank Law issued on March 6, 2004 and applied to the staff of the Central Bank of Iraq and to free them from this legal arbitrariness, their experience in this case a lot of the staff of central banks globally respected.

Signatories top

http://iraqieconomis...لمهنيين-والمثق/

• Upvote 1

well,well,well. remember the saying,,,,take it with a grain of salt???? in this case, i think i will take it with 5lbs of salt. this sounds like malaki in the background, i think the new pm should consider getting rid of the person or persons responsible for issuing the arrest warrant. it just sounds too fishy..  

Maliki is behind this. Shabs has been watching from the shadows since being toss out of the CBI. I think he has been working with the IMF and the CBI all along. I doubt the conviction will stick once Abadi and crew are seated. I think Maliki has a jet standing by to haul his ass out of Iraq on a moments notice to keep from ending up on the end of a rope.

Semper Fi !!!

• Upvote 1

It's Malikis corrupt judge ruling this crap. Maliki just lost his CBI loan officer. Now he is probably worried Shabibi will come back and make things happen.

Bingo!!!  This is M and his corrupt judges final attempt at keeping Shabibi out of any sort of influence over the CBI.  Once M is really and truly gone, we will see Shabibi back.  He may not be the Governor of the CBI, but we will have a lot of influence over the CBI and it's path forward even if he is sitting in an IMF office in Zurich.

What I’m suspecting is that with Turki’s retirement, Shabibi’s name may have come up as one of the replacements. Maliki totally hates Shabibi. My take is that Maliki is flexing his muscles to keep Shabibi out any way possible. So the only way Shabibi could come back, it that there has to be a new trial and the charged get over turned. The new Government of Iraq would have to be in place for this to happen. If Shabibi enters the country of Iraq he could be arrested.

So , Adam, (as a response to the email) if Maliki is responsible for this the question is,

WHY?

I remembered Shabs as someone who wanted to bunny ear.why would anyone want to bring

him back.

And after everything Maliki has done to him, why would he even want to come back?

PRAY FOR REVIVAL EVERYDAY

• Upvote 2

In looking at all the responses on this topic...including my own from earlier....I find I'm flustered.

Adam has taught us...has led us to be better than this and all this speculation.

Presently that is all it is; speculation. Has it been corroborated by ANY other, reputable, media?

I don't know about any of you but I've found myself truly obsessing about Iraq and the RV....OBSESSING.

Yesterday was our 49 wedding anniversary and where did I suddenly realize where I was....uh huh in front of this damn computer speculating on thing over which I have not one iota of control. I'm ashamed of that. I'd not have logged on today if I hadn't seen Adam's email, which after reading I speculated upon.  As the day wore on I felt ill at ease about that; hence this epistle.

Do what you will. As for me I'll check on what Adam recommends, set the wheels in motion for our second passport and relax.

Adam knows FAR more about all of this that all of us combined. He has the contacts & resources. I'm VIP Platinum, have my OSI...I've INVESTED in Adam. And like any other of my investments, I'm gonna sit back and watch what the leadership of my companies does. I don't, for example, obsess about Apple or Coke WHY then should I obsess about this?

I trust & respect Adam....I'll let him obsess  :peace:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

WOW  did anyone see this coming ?      I thought he was one of the good guys.   :ph34r:

Pretty much.  Notice they just appointed a  new dude in the CBI?  Oh yeah, they probably was talks on bringing Shabibi back and maliki had to push through another death sentence. (so to speak)  Just like they did Hashemi.  Did anyone hear about a hearing on the matter?  NOPE, that's not how that evil dictator rolls.  I guess he wants to take down as many that can implement him before he goes out.  He really is pretty dumb.  All the crap he has pulled is about to slap him in the face.   So, his next move will to put a warrant out with interpol, and they will ignore it just like Hashemi.   It goes to show you what great lengths evil goes to "TRY" and cover their tracks.  Turki too.  Wonder how maliki is going to take care of Turki.   Turki knows a lot.  Oh yeah, there's also Issawi the x-finance minister.   He did a number on his life too.  Shabibi and Isawwi will see their day in court to get maliki's death sentence.    

Thursday 04 September 2014 - 10:18

The judiciary issued a sentence of seven years on the former central bank governor Sinan al-Shabibi 040914101830_140_1.jpg

Said a source familiar with, on Thursday, that the elimination issued a prison sentence of seven years against the former central bank governor Sinan al-Shabibi. , the source said in an interview for "Alsumaria News", "The Iraqi judiciary issued on Thursday, sentenced to seven years against the former central bank governor Shabibi based on the charges against him during his administration the central bank. " It is noteworthy that the Supreme Judicial Council announced (October 19, 2012), for the issuance of an arrest warrant for central bank governor and many officials in corruption cases, after the media quoted, in (October 14, 2012), about the sources of control that the judiciary has issued an arrest warrant for al-Shabibi on charges of corruption, noting that he escaped out of the country after the issuance of the note, with the bank denied those reports, saying that the governor was involved in an annual conference in the Japanese capital Tokyo.

This is such bologna.  He was at a conference, we all read it.  Dang, evil evil.

~ an official 'source' ~

But if this is true, it is nothing more than a desperate attempt to disqualify shab for any possibility of being chosen by Abadi as CBI Governor.

Assuming, all this was done according to the rule of law, shab still have 2 months to appeal on the decision ~ *according to CBI Law.

Zulumon has spoken :) 

This Shabibi sentencing thing has been bugging me, and I wanted to see if there was still a possibility for him to come back, and sure enough, there is. Turns out, according to the Iraqi constitution, the President can issue pardons at the request of the Prime Minister, so Maliki getting Mahmoud to convict Shabibi and sentence him, in absentia, can be undone and Shabibi could still, theoretically, come back. It seems like it's actually a good thing that he got convicted because you can't pardon someone who hasn't been convicted yet. 

http://www.cleveland.com/world/index.ssf/2008/12/iraqi_shoe_hurler_asks_prime_m.html

"According to Iraq's constitution, President Jalal Talabani can issue a pardon if recommended by the prime minister, except for certain offenses including international crimes. That would enable the government to put an end to the affair without risking a backlash from al-Zeidi's admirers.

Such pardons are ordinarily issued only after someone has been convicted."

Edited by ReVbo
  • Upvote 3

My take on this:  by having Shabibi sentenced Maliki protects himself.  Shabibi knows what Maliki did and how he mis-managed certain funds.  The conviction tarnishes Shabibi's image and Maliki can say "Don't believe what he says about me.  He's corrupt."  Shabibi scares the heck out of Maliki and can bring him down. 

• Upvote 2