Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Interesting phone call last night from former co worker in iraq

Camelspiderman

heyyyyy buddy those spidey sensors going off i bet ,,, have text a few members and we all are seeing the same { or the non exisiting same} , from the one who has said this---- be prepared too hear bashing of dinar and negative news and the non news of dinar, will show that the end may be well at hand, .. as fas as team base alfa have no idea what that is about, although a lot of news from the two powers over there still want too do a scrimmage,and do a fly over iraq terrotories,,,this might be a prep operational deal too be on safe side of readyness { this is my thinking} come onnnnnn r veeeeee

• Upvote 1

Well ,

To be brief on this call I had last night , there was a lot of interesting information discussed

First thing is that all contracting jobs in regards to the State Department, nobody who works for the (company) has been offered a job or extension.Past the new year.

Not a big deal considering Dynacor and ITT are plucking these guys up left right , sending em to afghanistan. But in true (company) fasion they wont let these guys go home or DEMOB if you will.Holding them back because of visa issues ....never happened before, ever ....

Also , very interesting , my former supervisor has been transfered to FOB hammer to build up the helo mission ,not sure why since this base is pretty much all military personel.

Its actually a huge training area for the iraqis ,training on heavy armour ...tanks and stuff... so why the build up ?it is real close to the iran border,but still in iraq ?

Thought that was very strange since the whole country is on fire sale status to get out of there by DEC.everything is closing or closed , PXs , mailrooms etc...

And the most important , no dinar news as of yet , nothing ..no rumours no whispers no nothing.

So I can expect the various forms of bashers coming my way

from the internet gangsters who drink dr pepper , pop there zits and play warcraft all day to the soccer moms who think they know everything.

But guess what , give me the negs I dont care , but my info is real and tell it how it is , I dont give false hope like Okie .

So defensive!

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Thank you for this update. I gave you a plus, cause I'm certainly not a basher. I don't drink soda, especially Dr.Pepper. I don't have pimples anymore and I'm not a warlock. And the more I'm in this, the more I feel like I actually don't know anything. I'm no longer a soccer Mom, cause my 3 year old kept scoring in the wrong goal. (I couldn't figure out whether, when he scored in the right goal and in the wrong goal during a game, I should count 2 goals, one goal, or no goals. I was confused, and apparently, so was my kid, so no more soccer). And although I've been accused of being a drug dealer on here (the accusation was false), I am certainly no Internet gangster...

So yeah, plus one to you. Thanks for posting and go RV!

• Upvote 3

Betty boop , just familiar with dinar vets politics , I posted last july about my x factor scenerio on how no rv until troop pull out at least . I got bashed big time , now we're in November and everybody is on that band wagon now , anyway if wasn't that it was bad grammar , not even commenting on the subject at hand , just CYA ma'am ,nothing personal.

Betty boop , just familiar with dinar vets politics , I posted last july about my x factor scenerio on how no rv until troop pull out at least . I got bashed big time , now we're in November and everybody is on that band wagon now , anyway if wasn't that it was bad grammar , not even commenting on the subject at hand , just CYA ma'am ,nothing personal.

Thank you for this update. I gave you a plus, cause I'm certainly not a basher. I don't drink soda, especially Dr.Pepper. I don't have pimples anymore and I'm not a warlock. And the more I'm in this, the more I feel like I actually don't know anything. I'm no longer a soccer Mom, cause my 3 year old kept scoring in the wrong goal. (I couldn't figure out whether, when he scored in the right goal and in the wrong goal during a game, I should count 2 goals, one goal, or no goals. I was confused, and apparently, so was my kid, so no more soccer). And although I've been accused of being a drug dealer on here (the accusation was false), I am certainly no Internet gangster...

Hey Canuck lady got any weed? , lol just kidding

• Upvote 3

You're one of the very decent People here... No justifications / explanations /clarifications needed.

• Upvote 2

Hey Canuck lady got any weed? , lol just kidding

I just spat out my water laughing at your post! That was funny. Ok, I am laughing but...just so you know, somewhere there's a soda drinking soccer Mom who is raising a warlock with acne and secretly moonlighting as an Internet gangster who is pissed... :D

You're one of the very decent People here... No justifications / explanations /clarifications needed.

Thank you Umbertino! You rock! I'm glad you're a wolf in my wolf pack! Could it be? One more wolf for my wolf pack...

• Upvote 4

Camelspiderman, No bashing from me, I have to agree with you on the "no dinar news". My husband is working in Kuwait, he does stays in touch with his buddies (military and civilians) in Iraq, they are telling him the same also.

Maybe its because they don't have much contact outside of their bases.. It boggles me, they are in the heart of Iraq and you would think they would have first hand information. Just curious to know why. :unsure:

• Upvote 2

I just talked with two of my KBR co-workers over in Iraq last week. They'll be getting their pink slips at Christmas. We have no open positions stateside to place them in. Most of the 130,000 contractors will be gone by New year except those supporting the transitional & training phase with US Military Advisors. Most that do stay will be paid in ID & paid by a different contracting firm yet to be determined to handle the post war transitional phase. Many will be placed in instructor positions. Iraq is on a military hardware spending spree & will need the after purchase support. The rest are taking on lower paying trucking jobs driving fuel & building materials from Kuwait City to Baghdad. These are still very hazardous positions as crime & corruption have made convoys lucrative targets.

There was a lot of chatter on the Iraqi TV about the ID RV a few weeks ago. They told me that. Since then, nada. No mention of RV, LOP, drop dead dates. Nothing. The scuttlebutt going around, the RV may be on indefinite hold for now. The negotiations with the South & with the Kurds have reached a very delicate position. This may explain some of the lack of any RV news. This may be the calm before the storm.

Please...no negatives. I'm just the messenger. Take this as good news or bad news or a little bit of both.

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 1

The best Dr. Pepper in the WORLD is produced in Dublin,TX. It is made with pure cane sugar. I do not drink it regularly, but I have tasted it and it is very delicious!!!! As long as there's currency auctions nothing will change. JMO!

• Upvote 1

There was a lot of chatter on the Iraqi TV about the ID RV a few weeks ago. They told me that. Since then, nada. No mention of RV, LOP, drop dead dates. Nothing. The scuttlebutt going around, the RV may be on indefinite hold for now. The negotiations with the South & with the Kurds have reached a very delicate position. This may explain some of the lack of any RV news. This may be the calm before the storm.

Thanks for the posts, Luigi. My guess is that its gotten quiet out there, first because of pilgrimages taking away so many members of parliament and then the observance of Eid al-Adha. Several members have posted about negotiations going on in private. Your guys will probaby start picking up stuff again after the 20th or so. Again thanks for the posts.. Dennis

• Upvote 1

For those who want to know about this staying in Iraq ,, Most of my friends are staying in Iraq through KBR AND WORKINNG WITH THE STATE DEPARTMENT !!!! Not logcap 3,, its ending December 31st 2011 but the ones staying did just got a year extension and now works logcap 4 !!!! The contracts are ending for many contractors in Iraq and yes going to AFGHANISTAN for a while !!! Its all about contracts folks and not the countries !!! Here is how this works,, When you pull out the military you do not need all these contractors so they get sent home or relocated !!!!

• Upvote 1

For those who want to know about this staying in Iraq ,, Most of my friends are staying in Iraq through KBR AND WORKINNG WITH THE STATE DEPARTMENT !!!! Not logcap 3,, its ending December 31st 2011 but the ones staying did just got a year extension and now works logcap 4 !!!! The contracts are ending for many contractors in Iraq and yes going to AFGHANISTAN for a while !!! Its all about contracts folks and not the countries !!! Here is how this works,, When you pull out the military you do not need all these contractors so they get sent home or relocated !!!!

You are correct. Roughly 85% of the contractors are in Iraq to support our military. The other 15% support the UN, State Dept, the media & Iraqi special interests. This is exactly why many contractors will get the pink slip after Christmas. Afghanistan slots are already filled. Kuwait & Qatar may take some.

• Upvote 3

So, I have been a frequent reader to dinarvets.com just never registered until I saw this topic. First off I want to introduce myself... Rudolph_the_Red (only because I do not think you will let me join in on your games). I love drinking Dr. Pepper (as I had one right next to me when I read this post), I do pop pimples when I get them (very rarely), but I HATE Warcraft... I am currently in Iraq with the US Military as a Soldier (not a KBR contractor), so my views may vary. I really put a lot of trust into this whole RV deal and hope it goes through and soon! I had some information to correct your friend on that called you last night though FOB Hammer (in the town of Betsmaya (sp?) is located right outside of Baghdad (trust me, I have traveled these roads for 9 months this deployment and 15 months my last one). Even though Baghdad is located toward the eastern side of Iraq, it is located in the middle (relationship North and South). It is not in the middle (East and West) like Ramadi, but still quite some distance from Iran. I believe there are only 5 operating bases in Iraq right now and the closest one to Iran would be Basrah (near Kuwait and Iran). FOB Hammer is not mostly military personnel, in fact there are very very very few Military Personnel located there now, most of them have gone to Taji. Mostly contractors are left in Hammer as I was just there not even two weeks ago. Though I cannot disclose information about the withdrawl from Iraq (except for what you hear on the news) because I have to obey OPSEC (Operational Security), I can give my past history here in Iraq and hopefully become a DINARVET on that. FOB Hammer is going to be used as a Iraqi Training Center for Armored Tanks. You could say FOB Hammer will be like a basic training location for the Iraqi Army. I hope I did not rain on your parade, but I feel as if the right information arises we can stipulate together better and figure out the future! Please do not take my post the wrong way and please do not treat me like I have a RED NOSE!

-Rudolph_the_Red

P.S. I just remembered... I have an Iraqi Interpreter as a friend and he told me that on the news up in Erbil (located very far North by Turkey and Syria) they were talking of changing Iraqi Currency, he does not speak very good English, but he gets the point across. I think he was talking about dropping the zeros off of the currency... which I believe is referred to as LOP? He told me this back in August that it was supposed to happen in Mid-November, does anyone have any speculations? I have not talked to my friend Hasan since September.

Edited by Rudolph_the_Red
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Well ,

To be brief on this call I had last night , there was a lot of interesting information discussed

First thing is that all contracting jobs in regards to the State Department, nobody who works for the (company) has been offered a job or extension.Past the new year.

Not a big deal considering Dynacor and ITT are plucking these guys up left right , sending em to afghanistan. But in true (company) fasion they wont let these guys go home or DEMOB if you will.Holding them back because of visa issues ....never happened before, ever ....

Also , very interesting , my former supervisor has been transfered to FOB hammer to build up the helo mission ,not sure why since this base is pretty much all military personel.

Its actually a huge training area for the iraqis ,training on heavy armour ...tanks and stuff... so why the build up ?it is real close to the iran border,but still in iraq ?

Thought that was very strange since the whole country is on fire sale status to get out of there by DEC.everything is closing or closed , PXs , mailrooms etc...

And the most important , no dinar news as of yet , nothing ..no rumours no whispers no nothing.

from the internet gangsters who drink dr pepper , pop there zits and play warcraft all day to the soccer moms who think they know everything.

But guess what , give me the negs I dont care , but my info is real and tell it how it is , I dont give false hope like Okie .

Interesting story. I worked on FOB Hammer for about 3 years with KBR.

I was an MWR coordinator and have many good memories of all the troops that passed through there.

God bless the USA

Hey guys and gals , I would like to thank everybody who chimed in on this post , as you can tell that most of my information seems to be correct or pretty close and yes I was on fob hammer myself back in 08 , interesting to hear that somebody did get a logcapp4 contract with the state department , I guess they must be pretty rare . Bottom line though this is the goal I wanted to achieve and get true information out there , even if I am rite or wrong . This is better than that okie crap out there . Thanks again for your comments and knowledge .I

• Upvote 2

Well ,

Thanks for the info! Have a great football Sunday football fans, go BRONCOS...currently we are winning against Kansas City!!!

• Upvote 1

I just talked with two of my KBR co-workers over in Iraq last week. They'll be getting their pink slips at Christmas. We have no open positions stateside to place them in. Most of the 130,000 contractors will be gone by New year except those supporting the transitional & training phase with US Military Advisors. Most that do stay will be paid in ID & paid by a different contracting firm yet to be determined to handle the post war transitional phase. Many will be placed in instructor positions. Iraq is on a military hardware spending spree & will need the after purchase support. The rest are taking on lower paying trucking jobs driving fuel & building materials from Kuwait City to Baghdad. These are still very hazardous positions as crime & corruption have made convoys lucrative targets.

Please...no negatives. I'm just the messenger. Take this as good news or bad news or a little bit of both.

Thank you for the update. I will continue to patiently wait for the RV.

• Upvote 1

So, I have been a frequent reader to dinarvets.com just never registered until I saw this topic. First off I want to introduce myself... Rudolph_the_Red (only because I do not think you will let me join in on your games). I love drinking Dr. Pepper (as I had one right next to me when I read this post), I do pop pimples when I get them (very rarely), but I HATE Warcraft... I am currently in Iraq with the US Military as a Soldier (not a KBR contractor), so my views may vary. I really put a lot of trust into this whole RV deal and hope it goes through and soon! I had some information to correct your friend on that called you last night though FOB Hammer (in the town of Betsmaya (sp?) is located right outside of Baghdad (trust me, I have traveled these roads for 9 months this deployment and 15 months my last one). Even though Baghdad is located toward the eastern side of Iraq, it is located in the middle (relationship North and South). It is not in the middle (East and West) like Ramadi, but still quite some distance from Iran. I believe there are only 5 operating bases in Iraq right now and the closest one to Iran would be Basrah (near Kuwait and Iran). FOB Hammer is not mostly military personnel, in fact there are very very very few Military Personnel located there now, most of them have gone to Taji. Mostly contractors are left in Hammer as I was just there not even two weeks ago. Though I cannot disclose information about the withdrawl from Iraq (except for what you hear on the news) because I have to obey OPSEC (Operational Security), I can give my past history here in Iraq and hopefully become a DINARVET on that. FOB Hammer is going to be used as a Iraqi Training Center for Armored Tanks. You could say FOB Hammer will be like a basic training location for the Iraqi Army. I hope I did not rain on your parade, but I feel as if the right information arises we can stipulate together better and figure out the future! Please do not take my post the wrong way and please do not treat me like I have a RED NOSE!

-Rudolph_the_Red

P.S. I just remembered... I have an Iraqi Interpreter as a friend and he told me that on the news up in Erbil (located very far North by Turkey and Syria) they were talking of changing Iraqi Currency, he does not speak very good English, but he gets the point across. I think he was talking about dropping the zeros off of the currency... which I believe is referred to as LOP? He told me this back in August that it was supposed to happen in Mid-November, does anyone have any speculations? I have not talked to my friend Hasan since September.

Rudolph thanks for the actual boots on the ground intel. Much preferred to the guru's latest pump material. Interesting what Hasan said about the lop back in August. Guess we shall see soon. I read an article earlier today stating that the lop would actually take place in early 2013. If this is true then be looking for a small bump in the rate on IQD soon. Probably something like 585 IQD to the $1. That would be double the current rate. If they came out at that, many would sell out and get off the ride which would pull a lot of 000 notes in. Of course many more people would buy in at that rate too. Depending on the CBI spread they stand to make a good deal of money if it plays out in this fashion. If they do this I would be looking for several small bumps between now and 2013 when they lop the zero's. Now keep in mind I said if this is true and if they actually intend on lopping the zero's. Personally, I don't see it happening. But, time will tell and I will be right here to the end.

btw welcome to DV. We are always happy to have more boots on the ground. Give Hasan our best too.

• Upvote 4