Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Washington's message to Baghdad: Economic support will disappear after the withdrawal, and there will be no negotiations before the attacks stop

RJG

Washington's message to Baghdad: Economic support will disappear after the withdrawal, and there will be no negotiations before the attacks stop

Reports | 12:34 - 01/27/2024

Mawazine News - Baghdad
Reliable sources revealed the contents of a letter delivered by the American authorities to the Iraqi government, regarding arrangements for the withdrawal of international coalition forces.
The message included “the method and timetable for withdrawal,” in addition to “the obligations arising from the Iraqi side,” stressing that if this withdrawal occurs, it will not be without a price and “it will not stop the deterrent attacks of armed groups loyal to Iran.” The Iraqi Foreign Ministry stated, on Wednesday night, that an “important message” had been received from Washington, and that Prime Minister Muhammad Shiaa al-Sudani would study it carefully.
The sources explained to Asharq Al-Awsat that “Washington does not mind moving to a new phase of bilateral relations, but withdrawing forces (by any means) will not stop the deterrent attacks on the activity of armed groups loyal to Iran, as long as they contribute to destabilizing the security and stability of the region.”
Al-Sudani shared “important aspects” of the American message with leaders in the “Coordinating Framework” coalition, including “confirming that American strikes will not stop against the factions,” according to what the sources reported. The letter indicated that “the expected technical negotiations to arrange the withdrawal will not be easy and quick, and will take the time necessary to ensure that all files related to this presence are settled.”
According to the sources, “Washington encouraged Baghdad during the letter to understand and realize the consequences of the withdrawal, including the financial and economic obligations that bind the two countries.”
Iraq has deposited its oil revenues in a bank account controlled by the US Treasury since 2003, in accordance with UN Security Council Resolution No. 1483, which was intended to “help Iraq manage its resources in a transparent manner.”
Since the American message reached the government offices in Baghdad, political forces have been active in intense dialogue, in an attempt to understand the appropriate way to deal with “this sudden step.” Three informed sources told Asharq Al-Awsat that “an influential Shiite party within the (coordination framework) is now trying to convince the factions involved in the field escalation against the Americans to back off a little.”
The Islamic Resistance in Iraq confirmed yesterday, Friday, that the United States’ request to the Iraqi government to hold talks to arrange the situation of its forces is “nothing but an attempt to shuffle the cards, turn the tables on the resistance, and buy time to carry out more crimes and diabolical plans to harm our people and our nation.”

https://mawazin.net/Details.aspx?jimare=241118

• Upvote 8

Rv your currency and we will be gone. Then you can fight amongst yourselves and we will leave you to it. If we end up in ww3 with Russia our government will need the money from dinars to fund it. I will need it to get out of dodge to a house in the Scottish Highlands away from the major cities

Edited by BETTYBOOP
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 4
  • Pow! 8

31 minutes ago, BETTYBOOP said:

Rv your currency and we will be gone. Then you can fight amongst yourselves and we will leave you to it. If we end up in ww3 with Russia our government will need the money from dinars to fund it. I will need it to get out of dodge to a house in the Scottish Highlands away from the major cities

I don't think they can RI/RV with us in Iraq. Must be sovereign. They got rid of USD now time for troops to go.

• Upvote 4
  • Pow! 8

40 minutes ago, BETTYBOOP said:

Yep, payup and we (the west) will take the money, leave never to return, and watch you be back under Isis's (iran's) thumb within a year...

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, haymon said:

We are In other countries and they function just fine with us being there.

exactly ... only difference is iraqs dysfunctional goi is ran and directed by the worlds largest state sponsor of terrorism , the other countries you referenced wanted peace strength and security vs continual crisis and chaos , real psychosis.

cheers haymon   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, HowieC said:

Always been in back of my mind that the DS doesn't want the "common folk" to benefit from an RV in any way.

BUT I also believe in powers beyond the DS's control.

I think we are winning…💯winning but people must see how corrupt the DNC and Biden show is, before Military can step in….Biden knows that trump wants to invoke the insurrection act so he is making Biden do it in Texas…watch the show, arm up prepare to defend and buckle down for what’s coming

Edited by screwball
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Pow! 3

Al-Sumaria bulletin: The provincial councils are approaching reconciliation and the countdown begins for the withdrawal of the international coalition

01-28-2024 | 11:14
Al-Sumaria bulletin: The provincial councils are approaching reconciliation and the countdown begins for the withdrawal of the international coalition

• The Army Chief of Staff begins the work of the joint committee with the American forces... and Nineveh is the first stop for the security assessment. 

• Parliamentary support for scheduling the withdrawal of international coalition forces... and chances of continued escalation between the factions and those forces. 

• With the evidence... Zidane calls on the international investigation team to submit the results of its work to the Iraqi judiciary.

•  The provincial councils are approaching reconciliation... Members take the oath... and understandings anticipate holding the first sessions.  

•  After stopping funding for UNRWA...no life-saving aid in Gaza...and a warning of collective punishment for the people of the Strip.

Watch details of these headlines and other reports in the Al-Sumaria news bulletin via live broadcasthere

https://www.alsumaria.tv/news/480162

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

BRICS.....Iraq will be better off with them.

BRICS is pro fossil fuel....the US has said they want to eliminate the use of fossil fuels.

Has the US really been a friend and supporter to Iraq for the past 20 years or so?

Ask the every day citizen in Iraq that question.....

CL

• Upvote 7

12 hours ago, coorslite21 said:

the US has said they want to eliminate the use of fossil fuels.

not sure bout that, corrupt joe biden and his tree hugging john kerry pals want to stop fossil fuel energy independence in america , kick him to the curb and i think that goofy mindset will diminish .. my warped opinion only   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, 3n1 said:

not sure bout that, corrupt joe biden and his tree hugging john kerry pals want to stop fossil fuel energy independence in america , kick him to the curb and i think that goofy mindset will diminish .. my warped opinion only   

Warped would be Biden....not you...CL 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Pow! 1

Economic support system" rel="">supportwill disappear after the withdrawal,

I always wonder just how many countries around the world we are economically supporting. My husband is a Vietnam veteran who has been fighting for his benefits for the various health injuries he has endured from his exposure to agent orange since 2012. The VA has repeatedly claimed (in congressional hearings) that they don’t have the money to take care of all of the vets. Their actual motto is “deny, deny until they die”. The fact that we’re economically supporting other countries and not taking care of our own citizens infuriates me.   Rant over.  🤬

• Pow! 5