Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Master Card Features

https://tbiraq.com/en/services/personal-banking/master-card.....

GoodMorning

Master Card

Features:

1-    Validity: 3 years renewable.

2-    Currency: Iraqi dinars and withdrawal outside Iraq will be in the currency of that country.

3-    Usage: Holder of the card can make online purchases or direct purchases inside and outside Iraq.

4-    Cash Withdrawal: Maximum cash withdrawal from ATM is 3,500,000 Iraqi Dinar per day. Maximum withdrawal per transaction is 750,000 Iraqi Dinars. 

5-    Master card holders can get supplementary cards issued. 

Fees and commissions:-

1.        Master card issuance price 50,000 IQD + 25,000 IQD per year for SMS services (Optional)

2.        Security Deposits amount 100,000 IQD is non refundable during the validity of the card. 

3.        No additional fees will be levied for online shopping or point of sale purchases.

Edited by Markinsa
Removed graphics to shorten post
  • Upvote 7

32 minutes ago, blueskyline said:

4-    Cash Withdrawal: Maximum cash withdrawal from ATM is 3,500,000 Iraqi Dinar per day. Maximum withdrawal per transaction is 750,000 Iraqi Dinars. 

Interesting numbers you choose... could easily be 3,500 per day and 750 per transaction...just stuck out to me like that...

And number 2 ***2-    Currency: Iraqi dinars and withdrawal outside Iraq will be in the currency of that country.*** of course

Edited by Officiallytook
  • Upvote 7

19 minutes ago, fnbplanet said:

so, at the current exchange rate, they can pull out around $3000.00 USD value per day, at about $635 USD value per transaction.  

That is still a chunk of money ,  they will need a brinks camel on site to keep filling the A T M. Machine ! 🤗

• Upvote 3

What gets me is the shock from someone when they go to an atm outside of their country and withdraw money that is converted to the country that they are in. Man that is going to take alot of dinar out of their bank account for the exchange and that is going to be a major shock when they see how far their money doesnt go without a rate change to be on par with the surrounding countries. ;)

• Upvote 9

9 hours ago, Officiallytook said:

Interesting numbers you choose... could easily be 3,500 per day and 750 per transaction...just stuck out to me like that...

And number 2 ***2-    Currency: Iraqi dinars and withdrawal outside Iraq will be in the currency of that country.*** of course

3,500,000.00  x25 = 120 bills, and if you get 10 people to withdraw = 1,200 bills  how many bills does an ATM hold ? does not sound like an RV to me 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Boozer said:

3,500,000.00  x25 = 120 bills, and if you get 10 people to withdraw = 1,200 bills  how many bills does an ATM hold ? does not sound like an RV to me 

I believe the average Mall / Bank ATM holds 10-12,000 bills.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Officiallytook said:

Don't know how many bills but it can hold as much as 200k USD...not sure how your math would break that down

around 20,000  $20 bills,  I thought CBI was trying to get the dinar off the streets and bring in the 25k bills, I'm totally lost  I was in hopes the plastic was to take bills off the street , now put them back out, I need to Postpone this reply till next Thursday due to a Head ache 

• Upvote 4

This article makes me sad. It makes me think we are not going to see an RV anytime soon. Am I misinterpreting anything or missing anything or is it plain as day here that we might not see a RV for quite some time? Let me know what you think. I'd love to be wrong. 

11 hours ago, Wiljor said:

Iraq's current monetary system will not work outside Iraq, hence a change in the value of their currency is forthcoming :eyebrows:

IMHO - This is the most relevant comment that I have read all week.

Simple, accurate and pretty much says it all.

Semper Fi :salute:

GO RV

• Upvote 3

This article really does not answer our question. The atm in europe is going to spit out

Euro that has been coverted from dinar @ the present rate of euro listed on Forex.

After all who is the customer? The customer is an Iraqi person traveling to another country.

They already know there money is not worth much. NO BIG SURPRISE 

Unfortunately, I found something discouraging.   I looked up the Vietnamese Dong, worth less than the Dinar.  It looks like they can function pretty well with a ridiculous exchange rate.  

1 Vietnamese Dong equals
0.000044 US Dollar

https://www.justlanded.com/english/Vietnam/Vietnam-Guide/Money/Banking-services-in-Vietnam

Banking services in Vietnam 

ATMs, credit cards and exchanges

Whether you have a national or international bank account, you should be aware of the financial services available in Vietnam.

Banking services in Vietnam

ATMs in Vietnam

Despite the fact that you can choose to bank in either U.S. dollars or Vietnamese dong, and while both currencies are accepted in most establishments, ATMs will only dispense Vietnamese dong. The current maximum withdrawal amount is 4 million VND. A 20,000 VND surcharge is usually added if you are withdrawing from a bank other than your own. ANZ ATMs offer a much larger withdrawal amount, while other banks limit their withdrawal amount to 2 million VND. You can immediately go back for more cash, but make sure it is within the withdrawal amount your bank allows.

Vietcombank has the best ATM network in the country, Agribank, Vietin Bank and Sacombank are also well linked across Vietnam. Most branches will have a leaflet with a list of their ATMs all over the country.

You should also advise your bank at home if you are planning on using ATMs in Vietnam, as ATMs use the magnetic strip rather than chip and pin technology. Please note that many businesses will not accept torn notes, so be careful when you receive your cash and make sure that none of the notes are badly damaged.

Credit Cards

Visa, Mastercard and JCB are now widely accepted in Vietnam, especially in typically touristy or expat areas. A 3% commission charge is standard and those businesses which accept Amex often add on an extra 4%. HIgher end hotels and restaurants don’t usually add the additional charge.

For a cash advance using one of the above cards, you can visit most Vietcombank branches in big cities, and some foreign banks in Hanoi or HCM. If you are opening a Vietnamese bank account it is relatively easy to apply for a credit card at the same time. Please refer to our article on opening an account for more information.

Exchanging money in Vietnam

The black market operates quite liberally in Vietnam, so many shops will happily exchange money, usually dong for dollar or vice versa. While it is officially illegal, the law enforcement is virtually nonexistent, and ironically, exchange rates are usually worse on the black market than in official exchangers. You are thus better off exchanging money at a legal and legitimate exchanger, because the only benefit of the black market is the convenience of being able to 
choose when and where you exchange your money.

If you are confronted by people on the street offering to exchange money for a better rate than the official one, it is too good to be true. Either by short-changing you, giving you fake notes or tricking you with the domination of notes, you will be the victim of a scam, so you should avoid these street exchangers at all costs.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Boozer said:

around 20,000  $20 bills,  I thought CBI was trying to get the dinar off the streets and bring in the 25k bills, I'm totally lost  I was in hopes the plastic was to take bills off the street , now put them back out, I need to Postpone this reply till next Thursday due to a Head ache

Edited by Officiallytook
20k in 20's what about 10' 50' 100' i mean seems like 10k notes

6 minutes ago, Floridian said:

, you will be the victim of a scam, so you should avoid these street exchangers at all costs.

I feel you guys pain...but stay positive. Because no one has at much natural resources as Iraq. Imf is rating currencies by national resources...soon America will see this dollars only worth .55/.60¢ to 1 sdr

• Upvote 1