Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq: PM Al-Abadi announces formal victory against IS in Mosul

yota691

Urgent....Abadi announces the reason for the delay statement of victory

July 9, 2017

Urgent .. Abadi announces the reason for the delay statement of victory

Twilight News / hold Prime Minister General Commander of the Armed Forces Haider al – Abadi meeting with Alsnov squad leaders in Ninawa Operations Command headquarters in the city of Mosul Tuesday even
He said that “victory is settled and the remains of Daesh trapped in recent Acbar and it is a matter of time to announce to our people the great victory, and to respect and appreciation fervid to our forces that continue cleansing process and give it more support and determination to end a lie and a myth Daesh forever and eliminate the last terrorist on the land of Mosul comes.”
He continued , “We came today we learn in the field and we oversee the battle only pocket was left or two pockets of remnants Daesh and they have no smuggler only death or surrender , so the battle settled the great victory by hand. During the twenty – four last hour a large number of Aldoaash killed and that our troops are fighting valiantly to liberate civilians who Ttakzhm Daesh as human shields in about fifty to ahundred house, noting that civilians caught up taking advantage of the opportunity to provide our troops to escape from the gang Daesh. “

• Upvote 3

Urgent .. Abadi announces the reason for the delay statement of victory

19875627_718534784997886_153783850630961
 Twilight News    

29 minutes ago

Twilight News / hold Prime Minister General Commander of the Armed Forces Haider al - Abadi meeting with Alsnov squad leaders in Ninawa Operations Command headquarters in the city of Mosul Tuesday evening. 

He said that "victory is settled and the remains of Daesh trapped in recent Acbar and it is a matter of time to announce to our people the great victory, and to respect and appreciation fervid to our forces that continue cleansing process and give it more support and determination to end a lie and a myth Daesh forever and eliminate the last terrorist on the land of Mosul comes." 

He continued , "We came today we learn in the field and we oversee the battle only pocket was left or two pockets of remnants Daesh and they have no smuggler only death or surrender , so the battle settled the great victory by hand. During the twenty - four last hour a large number of Aldoaash killed and that our troops are fighting valiantly to liberate civilians who Ttakzhm Daesh as human shields in about fifty to a hundred house, noting that civilians caught up taking advantage of the opportunity to provide our troops to escape from the gang Daesh. "

And Mosul , Iraq's second city after the capital , Baghdad, and four times larger than any city controlled by Daesh at all. 

The militants Daesh fighting today in two small pockets zones Kleiaat and Shahwan along about 90 meters along the edge of the Tigris River. 

Iraqi forces launched a campaign restore Mosul in October / last October 17 , with the support of the anti - international coalition to organize the "Daesh" led by the United States of America, and the participation of about 100 thousand of Iraqi forces and the Peshmerga and the popular crowd. 

And they recovered those forces left the entire coast of the city on 24 January, and then began on February 19 restore the right coast campaign.

• Upvote 3

After Mosul's full liberation Iraq's Abadi visits Nineveh Ops Command

July 09 2017 08:41 PM
72017920411580313776.jpg
Breaking

Iraqi PM Haider Abadi has visited headquarters of Nineveh Operations Command and met with military commanders. 

This comes after the city of Mosul had been declared fully liberated from ISIS terrorists on Sunday. 

Abadi was due to give a victory speech on Sunday. But the speech was delayed for unknown reasons.  

The city fell to ISIS in June 2014 amid collusion from former PM Nuri al-Maliki

Iraqi army, supported by US-led international coalition, has launched an offensive code-named 'We Are Coming, Nineveh' to oust ISIS terrorists from the city. 

Iran-allied sectarian militias, known as IMIS, gave support to Iraqi forces. 

But the Iran-backed militias have committed atrocities against civilians, particularly the Sunnis. 

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/.....ps-Command

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, yota691 said:

Its sad to look at all that, and it sad for the people as well. We just need to keep them in our prayers :praying: and Victory is knowing the Lord and praising him for what awaits all, is the True Victory, not this Life we Live here on Earth...and GM DV...

Amen

• Upvote 5

My opinion is somebody(ies) are cracking a whip on Abadi's back side to have it done and have it done right - completely - with no questions and no excuses. I suspect today was supposed to be the day and Abadi couldn't announce (really, really, really) the job is done. I am not sure about that significant piece Yarmouk ISIS retook about two weeks ago and apparently still has. I haven't heard recent news on that. Apparently there are 70 or so ISIS there. Maybe some of their "BUDDIES (BIG BROTHER ACTUALLY)" cleaned that up for them already and we haven't heard about that - yet.

I am hoping Yarmouk is also cleaned. Time will tell and I hope they don't use Yarmouk as the next excuse.

• Upvote 3

URGENT Abadi alludes to postpone the declaration of victory in Mosul

History Tahrir:: 2017/7/9 22:33 • 101 times mqrw’h
story_img_596285a88c6bb.jpg

{Baghdad: Euphrates News} Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi, said on Sunday, "It is a matter of time to announce to our people a great victory." Referring to the declaration of victory in the city Almousel..itba

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Floridian said:

I'm starting to feel like a fool.  I keep telling the family and friends - any minute, any day, any time now.

When and if if finally happens, they're not gonna believe me.  :lol:

We've all been there (me, several times)!!  I remember when my brother first told us in November 2010 - it was definitely going to be done by the end of 2010.  My family doesn't want to hear the word "dinar" until I have the rate.

• Upvote 9

Just now, Shedagal said:

We've all been there (me, several times)!!  I remember when my brother first told us in November 2010 - it was definitely going to be done by the end of 2010.  My family doesn't want to hear the word "dinar" until I have the rate.

I no longer talk about ... lo

• Upvote 6

13 minutes ago, Shedagal said:

I stopped talking about it over a decade ago. It is only discussed among our IBC/OSI members, therefore when it hits the less that know the better.  

Edited by ChuckFinley
  • Upvote 7

I don't talk about it with anyone outside of DV. My family stopped mentioning it except at the holiday dinner table

one sister still ask's how her big sister the millionaire is doing. Please let this be done before Thanksgiving and Christmas. :praying: :D

• Upvote 6

• yota691 changed the title to Abadi postpones victory declaration of Mosul until the end to the remnants of Daesh
GMT 20:50 2017 Sunday, July 9 : Last Updated
Popular celebrations permeated the cities of Iraq to celebrate victory

Abadi postpones victory declaration of Mosul until the end to the remnants of Daesh

Dr. Osama Mahdi
  • iraq99987.jpg
    Abadi in Mosul greets her sons
  • iraq99981.jpg
    Abadi, among the citizens of Mosul, celebrating victory
  • iraq110011.jpg
    Abadi meeting with leaders of the participating forces of Mosul battle

While witnessing the cities of Iraq, particularly the Mosul currently celebrations popular victory achieved in the city against al Daesh Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi has confirmed the city where he arrived today that the victory is settled and the remnants of the organization are trapped in a recent Ochaabar and it is a matter of time to declare a great victory .. and he toured the streets and markets the city and visited the governorate building and revelers participated in victory near the Mosque of the Prophet Yunus.

He said Iraqi Prime Minister General Commander of the Armed Forces Haider al-Abadi during a meeting in Mosul this evening with Alsnov squad leaders in Ninawa Operations Command headquarters in the city of Mosul, "The victory is settled and the remains of Daesh trapped in recent Acbar and it is a matter of time to announce to our people the great victory, and it comes to respect and appreciation for our troops fervid that continues cleansing process and give it more support and determination to end the myth and lie Daesh forever and eliminate the last terrorist on the land of Mosul, "as quoted by his press office said in a press statement followed the" Elaf ".

He added, "We came today we learn in the field and we oversee the battle only pocket was left or two pockets of remnants Daesh and they have no smuggler only death or surrender, so the battle settled the great victory by hand During the twenty-four last hour a large number of Aldoaash killed and that our troops are fighting valiantly to liberate civilians who Ttakzhm Daesh as human shields in about fifty to a hundred house ".. pointing out that" the trapped civilians are taking advantage of the opportunity to provide our troops to escape from the gang Daesh. "

Abadi praised the high spirit of the fighters and the cooperation of the sons of Mosul and celebrating their victory and the return of normal life on both sides and the return of business activity and the opening of schools and hospitals, and we thank the troops and civil ministerial effort. He called on all employees to join their jobs .. stressing that restoring stability operations taking place in full swing in parallel with the processes of liberalization, and that the next phase to strengthen security and civil effort in light of the great cooperation of the citizens with our security forces.

Ebadi said in other statements from Nineveh province, the most convenient Mosul building which moved him across the Tigris River from Ayman city that the world was not imagined that the Iraqis would spend on organizing Daesh so quickly. He added that these victories achieved were the result of the sacrifices of heroes of fighters who Abehroa the world for their courage .. stressing that his government attaches great importance to restore services and infrastructure of the conductor.

And toured the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces Haider al-Abadi in the streets and markets Ayman Mosul, then went to the federal police headquarters in the village Aeryj in Mosul to announce a statement of victory, where his plane landed at the headquarters, a Directorate of Youth and Sport Nineveh building in the aviation district south of Mosul, to declare a statement of victory.

The Abadi arrived in the city at noon today at a time of the last hours of battles in which to liberate them from the grip of the entire organization Daesh Park where victory there.

Abadi held an expanded meeting with the leaders and commanders in the right side of the connector which issued several directives on the battle in the leadership of the federal police headquarters in the right side of the connector. And it issued several directives "in the process of sustaining victories and the elimination of the remnants of the defeated Daesh and the need to extend security and stability in the liberated city and cleared of mines and explosives left behind by the enemy and to protect civilians and internally displaced persons," said his press office. For their part, "presented the leaders and Alamron in combat Alsnov explanation for carrying out the duties assigned to them in accordance with the plan drawn liberation."

Orientation towards another goal in the old city

Earlier, the commander of operations "are coming Aaninoy," the team said special corner forces Abdul Amir Rashid Yar Allah Sunday in a statement followed the "Elaf" that "anti-terrorism forces liberated the area of the field in the old city of Mosul, and went to the edge of the Tigris River and is currently advancing towards Kleiaat area the last goals of the anti-terrorism forces and still progress continues. "

The last two Kleiaat are still organizing Daesh fighting within the old city where the right coast of the connector. In conjunction with that it was able to fight terrorism forces from reaching the edge of the Tigris River and raised the Iraqi flag on the organization of Alleha.mslha Daesh in the old town in a sign of the possibility of announcing the final victory there later in the day.

In conjunction with these developments has been the announcement of the arrival of the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces Prime Minister to Mosul today for the last military battles to eliminate the organization Daesh .. Ebadi said office in a statement followed the "Elaf" said the prime minister "arrived in the city of Mosul, liberated and bless fighters heroes and the Iraqi people to achieve great victory. "

The Iraqi forces are currently combing operations and clearing neighborhoods liberated in the old city in search of militants hiding in Daesh tunnels and basements. The pictures showed the official Iraqi television dozens of families taken by the organization as human shields, which has emerged from the besieged alleys which is on the banks of the Tigris River.

Killed a thousand Daasha

Today, the Federal Police Command announced the outcome of Daesh losses during the battle of the old city confirmed the deaths of more than a thousand Daasha.

A police team leader Raed Jawdat in a statement followed the "Elaf" that "the battle to liberate the old city, killing more than 1,000 terrorists and destroyed 65 armed vehicles and 20 wheel bombs in addition to the destruction of 24 motorcycle. He explained that" the battle also resulted in the destruction of 38 Added 5 Etisalat and 8 spending towers in addition to the dismantling of a belt 71 Nasaf and 310 explosive device and 181 rockets. "

Federal police forces have raised the Iraqi flag amid the streets of Old Mosul, in anticipation of the official declaration of liberation of the entire city where military leaders affirm that what remains to accomplish this task is only 250 meters to reach the Tigris River coast and the confluence of forces fighting there are three axes, a federal police forces and the fight against terrorism and the band armored ninth.

It has raised the team Raed Jawdat Iraqi flag old city editor, stressing that Anasrtnzim Daesh before their defeat and blew up a number of booby-trapped houses in the area of al-Najafi, which was liberated by Qguath..wachar in a statement last night that the federal police rushed to rescue civilians from the rubble.

Mosul is the second largest city in Iraq was dominated by Daesh on the tenth of June in 2014, but Iraqi forces during the military campaign began on October 17 / October last the first to restore the eastern half left of the city on January 24 / January and then began 19 February last military operation to regain control of the western part of the city right.

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, ChuckFinley said:

I stopped talking about it over a decade ago. It is only discussed among our IBC/OSI members, therefore when it hits the less that know the better.  

Me, too, Chuck.  At first I told close friends (some of whom at least showed an interest) and co-workers (highly professional types who quickly told me it was a scam).  Since I've retired, I've lost contact with most of the office folk.  I am hoping it will be a 30-second announcement on the news, and everyone will have forgotten I even mentioned it.  My plan is to definitely fly under the radar. 

15 minutes ago, nannab said:

I don't talk about it with anyone outside of DV. My family stopped mentioning it except at the holiday dinner table

one sister still ask's how her big sister the millionaire is doing. Please let this be done before Thanksgiving and Christmas. :praying: :D

Same here, nannab.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Boozer said:

it never ends, done, no wait, no done, no wait, done. not yet, it"s done, oh wait, soon. done. few more days. DONE Victory Party. NO wait few more Hours. :confused2:   :facepalm:

AAARRGGGGHHH ! ! ! What is going on over there ?????????? 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Floridian said:

I saw this on another board - IMF's Exchange Rate Page has an error message.  Any thoughts?

Oh, Yeah, Floridian - They are linking the IMF's Exchange Rate Page to the new CBI web site???!!!

:o   :o   :o

LOL

Well, OK, just messin' with You!

Good Question!

Top Of The Evening To You, Floridian! :tiphat:

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

• Upvote 1

Nineveh council says IS detains civilians in Mosul’s Old City

by Elwy Elmanzalawy Jul 9, 2017, 10:24 pm564c57ab-a1c2-4913-af37-47c633f5ff0e-320
Nineveh (IraqiNews.com) The Islamic State (IS) has detained a number of civilians in the Old City of Mosul, while stressed that security forces are close to liberate the whole city, Mawazin News reported, citing statement by Khalaf al-Hadidi, a provincial council member in Nineveh.

“The security forces are continuing to move towards the liberation of the whole Mosul, especially the Old City in western Mosul,” al-Hadidi said.
“Russian and Afghan members belong to the IS are detaining a number of hostages to tackle the advance of the security forces towards its targets,” he added.
On another note, Iraqi Prime Minister, Haider al-Abadi, arrived to the Nineveh Operations Headquarters to meet security leaders.

Abadi congratulated Iraqi forces and citizens for victory over Islamic State militants who had occupied Iraq’s second largest city for three years.
The Prime Minister’s media office said he congratulated “the heroic fighters and the Iraqi people for the great victory”. State TV aired scenes of the Prime Minister’s arrival at Nineveh Operations Command’s office in the city in preparation for a press conference.

The long-awaited victory in Mosul ends an eight-month campaign, backed by a U.S.-led coalition and paramilitary forces, which has displaced more than 900.000 civilians. It also means an effective collapse of the Islamic State’s self-styled “caliphate” declared from Mosul’s Old City by the group’s supreme leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

http://www.iraqinews.com/iraq-war/nineveh-council-says-detains-civilians-mosuls-old-city/

• Upvote 3

• yota691 changed the title to Iraq: PM Al-Abadi announces formal victory against IS in Mosul