Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Prayers, Please~

TennesseeCherokee

All the outpouring of love and prayers here by my dear friends @ Dinar Vets, has made this day not only tolerable but fullfilling. There really are no words to describe the blessings that my son & I have received. I am approaching 6 decades of life on this earth and today is the 1st time that I truly inderstand what it means when we are told in The Lord's Prayer, "my cup runneth over." 

We truly would not have had the strength or perseverance to have coped with our sorrow, were it not for all you good people. My son and I sat and read together, each of your posts. We are awestruck at your sincerity and your outporing of love. For that, all I can say is "thank you & know that we both love each and every one of you." 

May Almighty God continue to hold & protect each of you. 

• Upvote 6

May God's mighty warriors of angels surround you and your son.  May peace dwell in your hearts, and may our prayers continue to give you strength.  She is home now with Our Lord, what better place to be.  Death doesn't take away the memories. Death doesn't take away your love for her.  Trust in Jesus!!! And let His love shelter and heal your hearts.:praying:

• Upvote 4

T.C.  my deepest condolences on your temporary loss.  You will be reunited with her.  

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18(NASB)

13 But we do not want you to be uninformed, brethren, about those who are asleep, so that you will not grieve as do the rest who have no hope.14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who have fallen asleep in Jesus. 15 For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. 16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord. 18 Therefore comfort one another with these words.

Question: "What is the Christian's hope?"

Answer: Most people understand hope as wishful thinking, as in "I hope something will happen." This is not what the Bible means by hope. The biblical definition of hope is "confident expectation." Hope is a firm assurance regarding things that are unclear and unknown (Romans 8:24-25; Hebrews 11:1, 7). Hope is a fundamental component of the life of the righteous (Proverbs 23:18). Without hope, life loses its meaning (Lamentations 3:18; Job 7:6) and in death there is no hope (Isaiah 38:18; Job 17:15). The righteous who trust or put their hope in God will be helped (Psalm 28:7), and they will not be confounded, put to shame, or disappointed (Isaiah 49:23). The righteous, who have this trustful hope in God, have a general confidence in God's protection and help (Jeremiah 29:11) and are free from fear and anxiety (Psalm 46:2-3).

The New Testament idea of hope is the recognition that in Christ is found the fulfillment of the Old Testament promises (Matthew 12:21, 1 Peter 1:3). Christian hope is rooted in faith in the divine salvation in Christ (Galatians 5:5). Hope of Christians is brought into being through the presence of the promised Holy Spirit (Romans 8:24-25). It is the future hope of the resurrection of the dead (Acts 23:6), the promises given to Israel (Acts 26:6-7), the redemption of the body and of the whole creation (Romans 8:23-25), eternal glory (Colossians 1:27), eternal life and the inheritance of the saints (Titus 3:5-7), the return of Christ (Titus 2:11-14), transformation into the likeness of Christ (1 John 3:2-3), the salvation of God (1 Timothy 4:10) or simply Christ Himself (1 Timothy 1:1).

The certainty of this blessed future is guaranteed through the indwelling of the Spirit (Romans 8:23-25), Christ in us (Colossians 1:27), and the resurrection of Christ (Acts 2:26). Hope is produced by endurance through suffering (Romans 5:2-5) and is the inspiration behind endurance (1 Thessalonians 1:3; Hebrews 6:11). Those who hope in Christ will see Christ exalted in life and in death (Philippians 1:20). Trustworthy promises from God give us hope (Hebrews 6:18-19), and we may boast in this hope (Hebrews 3:6) and exhibit great boldness in our faith (2 Corinthians 3:12). By contrast, those who do not place their trust in God are said to be without hope (Ephesians 2:12, 1 Thessalonians 4:13).

Along with faith and love, hope is an enduring virtue of the Christian life (1 Corinthians 13:13), and love springs from hope (Colossians 1:4-5). Hope produces joy and peace in believers through the power of the Spirit (Romans 12:12; 15:13). Paul attributes his apostolic calling to the hope of eternal glory (Titus 1:1-2). Hope in the return of Christ is the basis for believers to purify themselves in this life (Titus 2:11-14, 1 John 3:3).

• Upvote 5

Dear sir, just got wind of your loss my brother. You are a good husband and father, God recognizes and sees the souls who love, and replenishes those souls who pass on with a better place. Try and be at peace sir knowing your wife is now in the presence of the all mighty, he will guide her and instruct her to help you and your son in this time of grief. 

Prayers from my family are now on rout. :praying:

• Upvote 2

So sorry to hear about your wife TC....but I see you quickly discovered how much the folks here on DV do come to bat for anyone needing prayer and comfort...just like it was meant to be.  I'll be prayin' for peace, comfort, and a memory that focuses on all the good times you and your son had with your wife.  I don't think I'm overstepping my boundaries when I say...trust that one day you will be reunited!  In the meantime brother....know that we are standing with y'all!  Love from the whole gang!!! 

• Upvote 3

TC,  

Markinsa  touched on something that is very true and we forget for a moment in times like this . 

This separation  is only temporary . She just went back home before you did.  And she's in such a happy state of being ..... as we all will be one day too.

Sending you and your son love and healing . Asking God to help you both deal with this painful moment .

:hug:  MIT   :hug:

• Upvote 6

As an older adult......wisdom,  which has come with time and life experiences, has allowed me to develop different coping mechanisms to deal with death and loss of friends and loved ones...... this is something that a 19 year old, such as my son, could not yet fully understand or realize. 

He is still having a very tough time trying to come to terms with the loss of his mother. I have sort of put all my emotions 'on the shelf', so to speak, in order to help him try and get through his grieving process. 

He moves into his apartment on his college campus Friday, with classes beginning Monday.

I want to thank everyone who has expressed such kindness and caring during this past week. Please continue to uplift my son in prayer,  as he embarks on his journey to adulthood and becoming an aerospace professional.

• Upvote 6