Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Prayers, Please~

TennesseeCherokee

Oh TNCherokee,  my heartfelt sympathy to you and your son. Prayers for you both; it will take time to just get over the shock of your sudden loss. Asking God to put his arms around you, that peace washes over you as you go through all the things involved with a loss. That you feel God's complete and undeniable love and that you are surrounded by family and friends. 

• Upvote 2

Just checking in with my friends here on Dinar Vets. My son continues having a tough time in dealing with the loss of his mother. He decided it best to postpone starting university, saying, "it's just too much, too fast". I have to completely agree. My initial advice to him, the day his mom passed away, was to do just that. I know that I would never have been able to adapt to that much change, that rapidly. So, that is where we are at, right now..... here together, helping one another deal with our grief. 

I don't mean to imply that we're just sitting around on our hands...because nothing could be further from the truth. We are staying active with all the duries that entail keeping a home functioning ....from cleaning, to yard work. My son even contacted a local airpoint to inquire about getting started in getting his private single engine pilot license and we're going this week to take a free trial flight. 

Please continue all your prayers. I suppose asking for peace, wisdom and healing would be specific prayer requests. Again i want to thank all of you for your love, your support and your friendship. Our love to all of you......

• Upvote 7

TC....Adapting to your new life is gonna take some time. But it will get better. Keeping busy is the key. Trying new things , doing things differently,re-arrange the furniture, getting involved in stuff allows the healing process to begin. The mind disconnects from the pain and gives you a rest.

I will continue to pray for you both.

In my heart and in my prayers. :hug:

MIT

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, jg1 said:

The day before my father died he gave the biggest hug and told me I was a beam of light in his life and I felt sorry for him. I looked up to him and thought every day to him was full of sunshine because he is so perfect. 

You know, Jg1, no matter how old your child is, to you they are always your baby... All age &  time does in a parent/child relationship is bond you closer....& stronger. I'm sure your dad loved you tremendously & you are the bright light, in his eyes. Death is part of life.... . Life is short, no matter if you live to be a hundred, it is only a small blip on the radar of infinity.

• Upvote 7

• 2 weeks later...

TennesseeCherokee, prayers continue in your direction.  Your love one is always with you in spirit.  Keep her alive in your sweet thoughts, and smile!!!

They say one life time is not enough time to spend with your love ones, so true, but they live forever in our memories, this is what counts.  Display her pictures, keep special mementos, do not make sudden decision in discarding her items. You don't want to regret in parting with something you wished you kept.  The time will come when you'll  be able to smile of or with her, instead of tears.  You and your son will be able to focus on other things when your heart allows.  But no rush. Time is on your side.  There is no golden rule as to when to stop grieving, the "rule" is to not let the grieving process control you. Prayer is your strength, talking to each other is your strength, lean on each other with a giving heart and a listening ear. Continue to incorporate her ways into your lives.  Celebrate her new life when the holidays approach.  Make this transition a bond a father and son will treasure.  Your loving wife, and your sons wonderful mother will be so proud of you both.  Its okay to shed your tears around each other throughout this journey. Tears are part of the healing process. 

And believe that one day you all will be together. 

• Upvote 2