Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

MP Faizullah likely return of the exchange rate of the dinar against the dollar to normal

yota691

I agree with most of the folks. I don't think the normal rate refers to 1166. From the context of the article, it's clear that it means greater monetary reform as moving the dinar back up to 1166 from whatever the street rate is is only going to get them a cent or two and that is not going to accomplish any economic growth and they wouldn't need the IMF for help with recovering a few pips either. JMO.

• Upvote 1

I maybe wrong but here’s the way I see it. A Value of 1= 3.3778

This came stright from Wiki....

The dinar was introduced into circulation in 1932, by replacing the Indian rupee, which had been the official currency since the British occupation of the country in World War I, at a rate of 1 dinar = 11 rupees. The dinar was pegged at par with the British pound until 1959 when, without changing its value, the peg was switched to the United States dollar at the rate of 1 dinar = 2.8 dollars. By not following the devaluations of the U.S. currency in 1971 and 1973, the dinar rose to a value of US$3.3778, before a 5 percent devaluation reduced the value of the dinar to US$3.2169, a rate which remained until the Gulf War, although in late 1989, the black market rate was reported at five to six times higher (3 dinars for US$1) than the official rate.

• Upvote 1

1166 is the ARTIFICIAL PROGRAM RATE. The natural rate according to thier economic feasibility study with IMF WAS 3.204. Who knows what they will come out at, but it is clear they want to get back to the 3+ range.

Bill, I got butterflies in my stomach when I read this! It would be so totally awesome! Here's hoping you're spot on!

KK

The dinar was introduced into circulation in 1932, by replacing the Indian rupee, which had been the official currency since the British occupation of the country in World War I, at a rate of 1 dinar = 11 rupees. The dinar was pegged at par with the British pound until 1959 when, without changing its value, the peg was switched to the United States dollar at the rate of 1 dinar = 2.8 dollars. By not following the devaluations of the U.S. currency in 1971 and 1973, the dinar rose to a value of US$3.3778, before a 5 percent devaluation reduced the value of the dinar to US$3.2169, a rate which remained until the Gulf War, although in late 1989, the black market rate was reported at five to six times higher (3 dinars for US$1) than the official rate.

Thanks, Russo! Wiki being, well, Wiki, and not always factual... I'll still take it! Time to start camper shopping!

KK

the central bank must take its measures necessary to recover the value of the Iraqi dinar to natural rate against the U.S. dollar, and the use of international expertise should benefit from the recommendations of the International Monetary Fund to support the national currency. / end / 8.. /

I got so excited by the comments, I forgot to thank the messenger! +1, Yota!

If they're looking for recommendations, I'm sure all of us will recommend $3+... :)

KK

What's the opposite of artificial? Natural.

RSS

Whether It's Natural Or Artificial - Go Big Or Go Home ! :o

3324hz7.jpg

:D      :D          :D

Thx For Yet Another One Of Ur Really Great Finds Yota ! ;) Ur Really "Racking" Them Up ! :lol:

B)    B)
  • Upvote 5

I'll take that rate any day...and besides, it makes more sense to come out lower for many reasons already stated by Adam and others. They can build up to a dollar, then three dollars...

Whether It's Natural Or Artificial - Go Big Or Go Home ! :o

3324hz7.jpg

:D      :D          :D

Thx For Yet Another One Of Ur Really Great Finds Yota ! ;) Ur Really "Racking" Them Up ! :lol:

B)    B)

Camera angle off a bit...move to the right...there.

Doesn't this article and what we are hoping it means fly directly in the face of the theory "they will never pre announce their intention to RV?"

Depends on who you mean by "they."

If you mean the people in charge of the RV, I agree. But there are many others in economics in Iraq who must propose changes to their system that involve currency changes, so they must debate.

Secondly, they COULD mean an RD first, then set the rate at $3.37  (OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH   NOOOOOOOOOOO!)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The Bing translator uses "normal rate" in the first reference, which probably means returning it to the "normal" 1166 rate.

"Baghdad (newsletter). Deputy Chairman of the Finance Committee said the Attorney of the Kurdistan blocs Coalition/Ahmed Faizullah, Iraqi dinar exchange rate return to normal rate against the US dollar, the requirement to take the necessary procedures of the Central Bank and the use of international expertise to support the national currency.

He said Faizullah (News Agency): that the country suffers from flop to monetary and economic policy, where the funds go out of the country to imports over the funds that come to the country from oil sales and other, plus there are other funds wasted in different ways.

He added that the Central Bank is required to take the necessary measures to recover the value of the Iraqi dinar to the natural rate against the US dollar, and the use of international experience and recommendations of the International Monetary Fund to support the national currency./finished/8 l. Eng."

I agree.....the market rate needs to match the official rate or even surpass it....normal/natural rate for the dinar being 1166.....

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 6

Also, how did some members get a rate of 3+ in this article? Anything to twist to fit their beliefs I guess. Read the whole article in context...it's really simple and not an RV article. Nice try though

If you can't read plain English then go eat a doughnut. Or better yet go home.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2