Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Massoud was reportedly arrested and his son was captured along with nine other Kurdish leaders

blueskyline

https://scoop24.news/انباء-عن-مذكرات-القاء-قبض-على-مسعود-و-ول/....

Home  Security and policy  Massoud was reportedly arrested and his son was captured along with nine other Kurdish leaders
IMG_2658-735x400.jpg

MASSOUD WAS REPORTEDLY ARRESTED AND HIS SON WAS CAPTURED ALONG WITH NINE OTHER KURDISH LEADERS

8 Hours AgoSecurity And Policy0Readings

Scoop 24 / Baghdad

The arrest warrants were issued against 11 Kurdish leaders in Erbil, including provincial president Massoud Barzani, his son Misror and his nephew Nigervan Barzani, as well as other leaders in the Barzani episode, according to sources.

The sources said that the charges against the arrest warrants included the threat of federal forces and incitement against them in addition to the theft of oil money exported from the region and Kirkuk.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

Whaaaaaat ??? Say it is so ! ell me they had billions of dollars of IQD and USD on them. Tell me they had the laptops that confirm where Barzani stashed away all the cash they stole but didn't have on them. This could bump Trump back higher on the list of world richest men. :D We gotta verify this, and I have to go back to work.

• Upvote 4

http://www.presstv.com/Detail/2017/10/19/539162/Iraq-Kurdistan-KRG-Kosrat-Rasul-arrest-warrant-referendum-Kirkuk..........

Iraqi court issues arrest warrant for Kurdistan’s vice president

Thu Oct 19, 2017 03:16PM
  1. Home
  2. Middle East
  3. Iraq
Kosrat Rasul, the vice president of Iraq's Kurdistan Regional Government (file photo) Kosrat Rasul, the vice president of Iraq's Kurdistan Regional Government (file photo)

An Iraqi court has issued an arrest warrant for the vice president of the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG), accusing him of provocation against the Arab country’s armed forces, which managed to take over Kirkuk province earlier this week.

Baghdad’s Rusafa Investigation Court on Thursday ordered the arrest of Kosrat Rasul, who had referred to the Iraqi army and federal police as “occupation forces” in a statement he released a day earlier.

In his statement, Rasul, who is also the vice president of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK), one of the two main Kurdish parties alongside the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP), had also criticized his group for not having resisted the entry of Iraqi forces into Kirkuk on Monday.

The court announced that it "considers these comments as provocation against the armed forces, under Article 226 of the penal code,” an offence, which can entail a prison term of up to seven years or a fine, said a judiciary spokesman for the court.

Rasul entered Kirkuk with his Peshmerga fighters on Sunday, but withdrew from the oil-rich northern city without a fight.

The withdrawal came after the Kurds handed over their positions in the northwestern province of Nineveh to Iraqi troops following a 48-hour operation against Kurdish forces in the disputed areas. 

Kurdish leaders have coveted Kirkuk, which houses some 10 percent of Iraq’s oil reserves, for long and described it as part of their territory even though roughly two-thirds of the city's population is non-Kurd.   

Kirkuk is the capital city of a province with the same name, which is not one of the three provinces that have made up the semi-autonomous Iraqi Kurdistan Region since 2003. However, Kurdish militants used a vacuum created when government troops were fighting against Daesh terrorists to overtake the city.  

The developments followed weeks of simmering tensions between Baghdad and the Kurdistan Regional Government over a highly controversial independence referendum the KRG held on September 25 in open defiance of the central government in Baghdad.

Following the vote, Baghdad imposed a ban on direct international flights to the Kurdish region and called for a halt to its independent crude oil sales.

Last week, Iraq’s judiciary also issued arrest warrants for three senior Kurdish officials, who were allegedly behind the contentious plebiscite, which also faced strong opposition from regional countries, including Iran and Turkey.

Iraq's Supreme Court has already ruled the referendum unconstitutional.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

blueskyline Thanks,  DV,  Please let it be true.........Please.....😊😁😊😁......We all know the Barzani's & Talabani''s, Zebari & #1 Corrupt Thief Maliki & others have stolen "BILLIONS" from wealth of Iraq.

GO JUSTICE 

GO PM ABADI 

GO UNITY OF IRAQ 

GO HCL

GO RV / RI

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6

Abadi knows what he is doing and he said a while back that he will bring Iraq back to its former glory. If these articles have credibility and pan out to be true, well DV, imho the writing is on the wall, we really are perhaps looking at the finish line here. I’m sure Adam is biting his lip right now and I can’t wait till next Wednesday.  Hang on DV, this ride is picking up speed and doggie bags are under the seat :lol:

Corruption is being dealt with, and the Shiite is beginning to roll down the hill, Maluku I bet is getting squirrelly about now. The next few days are going to be interesting to say the least. :twothumbs:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, new york kevin said:

Whaaaaaat ??? Say it is so ! ell me they had billions of dollars of IQD and USD on them. Tell me they had the laptops that confirm where Barzani stashed away all the cash they stole but didn't have on them. This could bump Trump back higher on the list of world richest men.  We gotta verify this, and I have to go back to work.

“A leader in the National Alliance said that Maliki is in a state of hysteria because of political gains achieved by Abadi, and that he was disappointed with any victory in the upcoming elections due to the broad popularity of Abadi as a result of his skill in dealing with the referendum crisis and his success in restoring the disputed areas, Without armed clashes with the Peshmerga.”

Thought you might enjoy that excerpt from a previous post today!!   :D  :twothumbs:  :woot:  Might be more to his histeria then the polls. If Barzani and his clowns are taken in.... someone is going to spill the beans on Maliki!!!

Edited by jcfrag
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, jcfrag said:

“A leader in the National Alliance said that Maliki is in a state of hysteria because of political gains achieved by Abadi, and that he was disappointed with any victory in the upcoming elections due to the broad popularity of Abadi as a result of his skill in dealing with the referendum crisis and his success in restoring the disputed areas, Without armed clashes with the Peshmerga.”

Thought you might enjoy that excerpt from a previous post today!!   :D  :twothumbs:  :woot:  Might be more to his histeria then the polls. If Barzani and his clowns are taken in.... someone is going to spill the beans on Maliki!!!

I owe you for that one my friend. I am still in my , show me the money/RV frame of mind. But this here is awesome stuff 4 sho.

• Upvote 2