Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq looks to open the IMF headquarters in Baghdad

yota691

Editor tributary Cactus - Sunday July 16, 2017 16:50

Search Bigger

Alsumaria News / Baghdad , 
Foreign Minister Ibrahim al - Jaafari, Sunday, Britain to contribute to opening the headquarters of the International Monetary Fund in Baghdad and a meeting of the Iraqi Business Council British during the coming period, while the British Minister of State for the Middle East and North Africa Alistair Burt pointed out that his country continues to support Iraq until security. 

Said Jaafari 's office said in a statement Alsumaria News received a copy of it, the last "Minister of State for the Middle East and North British Africa Alistair Burt received , " noting that " the two sides discussed the progress of bilateral relations between Baghdad and London, and ways of boosting them to serve the interests of the two friendly peoples, in addition to addressing Iraqi victories achieved in the war against terrorist gangs Daesh. "

The Jaafari, according to the statement, about "Iraq is looking forward to support Britain in the opening of the headquarters of the International Monetary Fund , IMF in Baghdad, and a meeting of the Iraqi Business Council British during the coming period to increase trade and investment cooperation between Baghdad and London." 

For his part, Barrett said that " the big victories against terrorist Daesh gangs represent a historic achievement," he said . "We continue to support Iraq until security, in addition to stability and humanitarian support, reconstruction and construction." 

The Prime Minister for Financial Affairs Advisor to the appearance of Mohammed Saleh stressed, in (29 May 2016), Iraq is suffering from an estimated $ 50 billion financing gap, and while he noted that the arrangements conducted by Iraq with the International Monetary Fund on lending it represents an introduction to the support of the international community Iraq, said the fund enters the first time the issue of governance, auditing and transparency at a high level in this context.
  • Upvote 8

Now I find this interesting. The IMF about to set up shop right in the middle of Baghdad. That speaks volumes about how they view Iraq right now. The security situation is stabilizing and with us building several bases and the support of the gov. with regard to financial reforms, the IMF will come in and provide the oversight for complete transparency in business transaction with the international community. It will also help to weed out the corruption within the government because they won't be able to just take large chunks of cash and disappear as has happened so often in the past. I'm not excited yet, but I am comfortably happy with the direction things are going. Yota thanks for this article it is very telling.😎

I can almost hear the twin diesels of my long range trawler yacht firing up. (Almost)

• Upvote 16

• yota691 changed the title to Iraq looks to open the IMF headquarters in Baghdad
1056.jpg

Economy News Baghdad: 

Foreign Minister, Ibrahim al-Jaafari, Sunday, that Iraq is looking forward to open the IMF headquarters in the capital Baghdad.

Jaafari said during a meeting with Minister of State for the Middle East and North British Africa, Alistair Burt, seen by the "Economy News", "Iraq is looking forward to Britain's support in opening the headquarters of the International Monetary Fund, the IMF in Baghdad, and a meeting of the Iraqi Business Council British during the coming period to increase cooperation trade and investment between Baghdad and London. "

Views 60   Date Added 16/07/2017

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, yota691 said:

The Jaafari, according to the statement, about "Iraq is looking forward to support system" rel="">support Britain in the opening of the headquarters of the International Monetary Fund , IMF in Baghdad, and a meeting of the Iraqi Business Council British during the coming period to increase trade and investment cooperation between Baghdad and London." 

Say What???!!!

IMF headquarters in Baghdad???!!! What "headquarters" are they talking about???!!! World???!!! Regional???!!! Other???!!!

I guess Iran is not considered a big threat in Iraq. Is it? Would a major (or a group of major) world power(s) locate any IMF headquarters in Baghdad unless they were very, very comfortable about it's Safety and Security and ability to perform the intend function(s)?

Maybe their "headquarters" are shoved up their "hindquarters" to locate the IMF "headquarters" in Baghdad?

:o   :o   :o

Well, OK, probably not.

To me, however, this is a very, very good indicator of something very, very good going to happen imminently.

Just askin' some questions.

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

• Upvote 5

Dollars down past few weeks...now's the time too much in line not too...

They're acting double time for reconciliation.
They are rid of ISIS.
They implemented distribution of master cards to be used in/out the country.
They implemented real time right now banking transactions.
They are Now trying to *Balance the dinar against the dollar.
IMF headquarters in Baghdad Iraq

• Upvote 12

55 minutes ago, Officiallytook said:

Dollars down past few weeks...now's the time too much in line not too...

They're acting double time for reconciliation.
They are rid of ISIS.
They implemented distribution of master cards to be used in/out the country.
They implemented real time right now banking transactions.
They are Now trying to *Balance the dinar against the dollar.
IMF headquarters in Baghdad Iraq

Great job Officiallytook.  This is what I met about looking at what is taking place around us versus reading all the negativity people post. You add this to what Adam is doing and that is what we need to focus on.   :twothumbs: 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, RJ45 said:

Any sources of news in UK/London confirming this? 

No - But This Just 'Floated' Across The Guru Wires ! :o 

:D  :D  :D 

7-16-2017   Newshound Guru Kaperoni   Article:   "Iraq looks to open the IMF headquarters in Baghdad"   

Quote:  "Iraq is looking forward to Britain's support in opening the headquarters of the International Monetary Fund, the IMF in Baghdad, and a meeting of the Iraqi Business Council British during the coming period to increase cooperation trade and investment between Baghdad and London. " 

Iraq needs ongoing oversight to make sure they continue to fulfill these agreements.  

What better way to keep an eye on them than to have an office in Iraq?  

As well, I am sure it offers some confidence to foreign institutions doing business in Iraq.  

More good news. 

• Upvote 5

20 minutes ago, DinarThug said:

No - But This Just 'Floated' Across The Guru Wires ! :o 

:D  :D  :D 

7-16-2017   Newshound Guru Kaperoni   Article:   "Iraq looks to open the IMF headquarters in Baghdad"   

Quote:  "Iraq is looking forward to Britain's support system" rel="">support in opening the headquarters of the International Monetary Fund, the IMF in Baghdad, and a meeting of the Iraqi Business Council British during the coming period to increase cooperation trade and investment between Baghdad and London. " 

Iraq needs ongoing oversight to make sure they continue to fulfill these agreements.  

What better way to keep an eye on them than to have an office in Iraq?  

As well, I am sure it offers some confidence to foreign institutions doing business in Iraq.  

More good news. 

It's fantastic news--as long as it's not just pie in the sky speculation or even a potential mis-translation. I'll be excited about it when I see an official announcement direct from IMF. I checked their website (http://www.imf.org/external/) and their Iraq section (http://www.imf.org/en/Countries/ResRep/IRQ) and don't see any official news yet. It's really great if that's what is actually going to happen, but I personally don't want to get too excited about it until I see confirmation from a news source I recognize or hear it directly out of the horse's mouth. :twocents:

Will still watch the news develop on this with interest. :twothumbs:

• Upvote 2

Some Additional IMF Rumblings At The Bottom Of This Article ! :o 

:D  :D  :D 

(by don961)

Reconstruction of liberated areas

17/7/2017 12:00 am 
Thamer Hymes 

Now Umm al-Rubayn has liberated the last episode of a president from a dashing hand. 

The vast liberated areas have been destroyed most of its infrastructure and the role of citizens and worship and health institutions and schools and universities is a very big challenge and the first problem and the last funding and this is normal. 

Therefore, it is necessary to understand accurately the levels of this funding is subjective and non-subjective and self-sufficiency is the most successful in the long and medium term This is what experiences say to countries emerging from wars and destruction, Japan and Europe after the Second World War was its internal funding and human capital is the cornerstone of foreign subsidies and projects adopted On this solid structure because aid does not build infrastructure on a basic basis. Therefore, Iraq's internal finance and human capital are the number one credit. 

Local financing is obtained by attracting private savings, especially in the liberated areas, to finance the sectoral banks, housing, agricultural and industrial. This is not easy, as it is 77 percent of the cash mass, and this is done through innovative methods as well as the role of Islamic banks on the housing side. 

The phase also requires putting an end to the random import through import licenses first and then processing the flow through fees and taxes appropriate to the special stage and reviewing the legal codes in the structure of the public sector with its movable and immovable assets and all related to the public money from the bank of Rashid and Rafidain. The service of reconstruction, and to review the government properties and streamlining them to serve the ages and smooth reporting Of which. 

And here prefer to pay Awqaf agencies to invest in reconstruction, whether in infrastructure or housing and the opening of projects to combat unemployment and investment of their monetary blocs in a way that gives greater benefit, as it requires the acceleration of the establishment of e-government because the work has a direct relationship to the lives of people from housing and infrastructure paid a heavy price In migrants and shelters. 

In conclusion, the International Monetary Fund comes with its expertise and funds ready for it and others when stakeholders see the introduction. This readiness from the IMF, the World Bank or even the Asian Infrastructure Bank is running short because our long-term guarantees of oil and gas facilitate and expand the umbrella business.

http://www.alsabaah.iq/Article.....?ID=140793

• Upvote 3