Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

POP POLL (no lopsters please)

My guess and hope is $1.50 or more. Anything under $0.75 will have been a waste of my time for me .Only wealthy people who allready have lots of money could make do with this. The average person who pays the taxes on this anount and takes care of personal issues will be broke in a couple of years.

Wow......

Thats sad.......ungrateful are we?

I agree... $0.75 would be phenomenal! I could only HOPE for that. Give me $0.05 and I'm out!... though I'm with Adam... $0.10 to $0.25 sounds about right with it rising slowly over probably a decade.

Wow......

Thats sad.......ungrateful are we?

Yeah, that is pretty sad... I am assuming the person is referring to a straight up RV, no whammies, which would give a return of $0.0.749146 per dinar - if you can't be happy with that you couldn't be happy with anything, IMO.

I agree... $0.75 would be phenomenal! I could only HOPE for that. Give me $0.05 and I'm out!... though I'm with Adam... $0.10 to $0.25 sounds about right with it rising slowly over probably a decade.

Exactly. If I could get that rate without the whammies I would be the happiest camper in the world. I would be thrilled to see $0.10 per dinar. At either rate I would probably get arrested for streaking to and from the bank, and I wouldn't care cuz the bail money would be chump change. :lol:

Yeah, that is pretty sad... I am assuming the person is referring to a straight up RV, no whammies, which would give a return of $0.0.749146 per dinar - if you can't be happy with that you couldn't be happy with anything, IMO.

Exactly. If I could get that rate without the whammies I would be the happiest camper in the world. I would be thrilled to see $0.10 per dinar. At either rate I would probably get arrested for streaking to and from the bank, and I wouldn't care cuz the bail money would be chump change. :lol:

:huh::unsure: Where ya gonna put your dinar?

• Upvote 1

How about 2.38. No reason, just the number that popped into my head when I read the thread.

Uhm.... I don't think it dropped to $40, I would like to see proof of that.

When we were paying $1 or so gallon at the pump, it was normally at $30-40 per barrel.

You may have read that wrong. It likely dropped $40 in a 6-month span.

That would make more sense..

We would probably have to go back to the 90s to see it at $40/barrel.

Not trying to be a spoilsport or anything, but didn't the poll ask that we not get into any discussions, just post what we thougt it might be?

1 dinar - $4.16 USD

Shabs won't RI at $3.22 because the whales will kill the market on it and it would cause hyper-inflation, RV is the only solution take the old rate add 20% over 8 years for inflation and wa la...

This is because they don't have Hyper-Inflation they have had a stable economy for 5 years and an RD would not make sense at that point also why would he follow Turkey lop is what they did, failed miserably, lopsters can whine all they want but Iraq has been pumping more oil in the last month than Turkey pumps in a year, also the population of Turkey is 74 million and they had 9 quadrillion Lira in circulation with 100,000% inflation, however Iraq has 30 million people and 27 trillion dinars in circulation (they want to be added to the global basket of reserve currencies which would require 20 trillion to accomplish) with a 7.1% inflation which effectively puts the lopsters in the big boiling pot of water on the stove...your cooked, cause your monetary policy is like Obama's...SPENT!

• Upvote 2

After doing considerable reading of all the post in this thread, I came up with my thought about where the IQD may RV at. My thought is that it will come in at .73 : 1 IQD. I plan on cashing the rest in as it approaches the $2.00 mark. After getting by $2.00, it will IMO stabalize and will go up ever so slowly if at all making the Dinar a non investment.

The only way I can see any significant RV happening is if they come in low, and increase in steps, with each step being funded by subsequent waves of new buyers. Otherwise, I don't see how it can be paid for.

Great thought but , can't happen IMF rules for a RV are that if you RV the currency it's a managed float for 2 years with an increase or decrease in value of 2.5% every 90 days. The IMF also stated that Iraq could hold a value of $12 not that they would go that high but initially they would take the old rate + 20% per year for 8 years of inflation and bam your at $4.16 then they will do what you are saying with an increase every 90 days for the first 2 years of 2.5% or less and finally they will rv again after the 2 years to the rate they stay at somewhere around $6-$8 just the way monetary policy works after adding the IMF policy to it...the Kuwait situation was different they had no sanctions and they actually did an RI which drives the rate up or down based on the market before settling down that is too volatile for Iraq to do so they won't RI...and well they are still going to re-denominate the notes but it will be a different way than Turkey did it they are not going to change the ticker symbol and come out with a completely different currency, that is what Shabs said he would learn from Turkey's mistakes not duplicate them, he is much smarter than that!!

• Upvote 1

So many AM sheeple it is hilarious. Ok so you're a company working or wanting to work in Iraq. So far you've been paid in USD. Iraq now RVs at .10 and pays you in dinar. Really, seriously? Have you lost your bloody minds?

All citizens continue to USD because the dollar is 10 times stronger than the dinar. That's funny too.

Oh yeah, let's not forget China is at 17 cents to the dollar, it is lamented for being artificially low by all global societies, and the richest country on the plant is going to RV at a rate less than China?

Just because it is difficult to wrap your mind around the percent of return does not affect logic and purpose.

So what's the point of the RV again?

I believe it is significantly over a dollar. And will be substantially higher if indeed other petro countries RV at the same time.

Finnaly, Iraq will RV and it will be at a rate that places them first or second in the Arab pecking order. Once they officially emerge into global trade, they will not be a step child. They will be an economic giant with a commensurate currency.

There you go.

• Upvote 2

So many AM sheeple it is hilarious. Ok so you're a company working or wanting to work in Iraq. So far you've been paid in USD. Iraq now RVs at .10 and pays you in dinar. Really, seriously? Have you lost your bloody minds?

All citizens continue to USD because the dollar is 10 times stronger than the dinar. That's funny too.

Oh yeah, let's not forget China is at 17 cents to the dollar, it is lamented for being artificially low by all global societies, and the richest country on the plant is going to RV at a rate less than China?

Just because it is difficult to wrap your mind around the percent of return does not affect logic and purpose.

So what's the point of the RV again?

I believe it is significantly over a dollar. And will be substantially higher if indeed other petro countries RV at the same time.

Finnaly, Iraq will RV and it will be at a rate that places them first or second in the Arab pecking order. Once they officially emerge into global trade, they will not be a step child. They will be an economic giant with a commensurate currency.

There you go.

BRAVO!!

After years of being "In Iraq" and travelling from the very north to the very south and everywhere in between I say .86 maybe and hoping. This country's infrastructure sucks and is in terrible shape. The politics and politicians are terrible.Looks like a huge junk yard over here. :D