Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

POP POLL (no lopsters please)

I wasent even being negative in my comment or talking about a lop....I was actually being positive and saying that it should come out at the dollar to dedollarize iraq...which makes sense....

I noticed actually, but didn't comment, however since you raised the point I will comment "adda boy Keep!" I love the positive no LOP attitude you are having today. emot-woot.gif I do have to admit I like your devils avocate discussions and your face. wink.gif

so what does kuwait-jordan-bahrain produce to have such a high dollar value? they are right in the middle of this region, and have the third most oil in the world, plus they have the second most natural gas in the world, and they have said they have only found roughly 50-60% of there actual oil. so iraq absolutely will base there dinar amount off of oil. no disrespect but really?

Well, they may actually be the 4th most oil in the world since the USGS has stated that Venezuela may actually have twice the amount of oil of Saudi Arabia, even though Chavez only claimed about 300 billion barrels.

In regards to the countries you mentioned, take a look at their banking practices as well as their balance sheets. Pay particular attention to the assets of their central banks against their liabilities (M2). You may also notice that their assets are basically broken down between foreign currency, gold and investments - odd, there's no mention of oil being claimed as an asset of the central banks to use to value their respective currencies... Why would that be? Oh, I think it is because the bank is not using oil to value their currency. :D

I'm in at 3.86 IF USD 6+ if GBP

I just heard that they plan to peg the rv to a stable currency prob the GBP. and according to what i heard .........they can adjust the rate post rv + or - 2 % in a 90 day period.

http://www.google.com/finance?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=Zea&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&q=CURRENCY:GBPUSD&ei=I0kuTvrmBpDrgQf_372hAQ&sa=X&oi=currency_onebox&ct=currency_onebox_chart&resnum=1&ved=0CCUQ5QYwAA

• Upvote 1

Hypothetically... I believe it will come out at approx., $1.25... the go up to a level at or near Kuwait... then as the oil production picks up... even higher.

The $1.25 will permit the Dinar to take over and the USD to step out of the everyday currency choice... The Dinar needs to step out on it's own and rebuild the Iraqi thought pattern...

Well, they may actually be the 4th most oil in the world since the USGS has stated that Venezuela may actually have twice the amount of oil of Saudi Arabia, even though Chavez only claimed about 300 billion barrels.

In regards to the countries you mentioned, take a look at their banking practices as well as their balance sheets. Pay particular attention to the assets of their central banks against their liabilities (M2). You may also notice that their assets are basically broken down between foreign currency, gold and investments - odd, there's no mention of oil being claimed as an asset of the central banks to use to value their respective currencies... Why would that be? Oh, I think it is because the bank is not using oil to value their currency. :D

chavez.....lol. if they didnt use oil to value there currency kuwait-jordan-bahrain would have a $.01-.08 currency value, you do know that right?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 1 month later...

chavez.....lol. if they didnt use oil to value there currency kuwait-jordan-bahrain would have a $.01-.08 currency value, you do know that right?

Sorry, I just saw your reply - you have checked out those countries central banks posted financials to see they have lots of foreign cash reserves and assets to back their currency right? Show evidence of one country that has monetized their oil supply. Do the countries make the abundance of their money on oil, yes - but that is a far cry from basing the value of their currency on either the oil sales or the oil supply.

We've all heard the "experts" throw their rates around for years! <_<

Some have been trivial, some plain outrageous!

What say YOU, learned ones? No long diatribes please, just your best guess.

I say, ahhh.... $0.13 :twocents:

Hoping this is the last mile!!! :tiphat:

13 CENTS WOULD BE AWESOME AND I WOULD BE VERY HAPPY ABOUT IT.

My thoughts are 1 to 1 initially. But Dr. Shabbibi has stated a return to pre Saddam rates. I only trust Dr. Shabbibi. So I predict 3.86. Either way, I will cash out enough to accomplish my goals and sit on the rest. Oh, and pay my long term Cap. Gains taxes!!

I only trust Dr. Shabbibi. So I predict 3.86

End Quote

No complaints from me if that happened.... We'll see as usual... To me anything above 0.05 would do.... And.. I'd take the 0.05 too, of course........Just don't castrate the 3 zeros and I'm glad with basically anything they'll decide to RV at.

Based on what the PLAN said from years ago I would think the rate will be .00038 plus 20% when we remove the zero.s

SO, 1.17 plus the 20%. At least that was my understanding. Yet when we look at the growth on top of this that should be the bottom it comes out at and go up from that point.

approx. 1.37 or up.

PEACE and EXCITED TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS....

PARTY TIME soon I hope....

I agree with this. I also think it will go up from there rather quickly. They want to equal or better Kuwait, and at least for now, I plan to cash in quite a bit at this price, and save another "quite a bit" to cash in later when it goes up. I think it won't take long to reach the $3+ range. I also think that a lot of their civil unrest will stop when the citizens have job possibilites (a.k.a., "idle hands are the devil's workshop."), and that will only happen as new businesses are built so employees can be hired.

I agree they will be one of the Riches counties in the world worth more than any of the other oil countries and the rates will continue to climb

End Quote

Right now the richest Country ( with the biggest oli reserves in the area at least until they check all of Iraqi reserves for good...) in the area is and has been for a long time... Saudi Arabia... As of today, the SA Riyal is worth $ 0.26

Huge difference, Umbertino, is that SA is not a democracy. Nor have I heard that they have any plans to become one. The rulers want to hold their people down and provide them with only what they believe citizens are worth to them, the aristocracy, rhe ruling class. The rulers have so much money that they don't have to concern themselves about how to provide for their families, and a low value currency works for them. It keeps their people where the rulers want them. On the other hand, a democracy funtions quite differently, and even though Iraq is a tenuous one, sometimes seemingly hanging on by a thread, they still have the makings of a democracy and continue to move in that direction. (My comments probably reveal my lack of financial training, but this seems logical to me).

A lot of factors to consider from a very complex situation. Too low has advantages & disadvantages while too high has advantages & disadvantages.

Factors to consider:

** Coming out at an equilibrium price

** Adjusting to a rate that would combat dollarization. (See MOF about 1.13)

** What they can feasibly support (Liquid & non-liquid assets are likely not for the average eye to see....)

My prediction? $0.08-$1.13

I predict low, while hoping for a higher rate.

They'll likely wish to enter at a rate where people are cashing out while equaling being met by those buying in. (Equilibrium)

North of $1.00 USD would fight dollarization

Liquid & Non-liquid assets - Although, may not be transparent, the #s we see still exist. How true are they? What is the CBI realistically on the hook for?

KeepM, with your argument about using reserves as an asset-backing tool... Remember, as they deplete their inventory, they could also be using that as a tool to reduce their M1/M2. Therefore, what is subtracted from one side of the equation is equally subtracted from the other side. End result, value backing remains the same. (One note to consider: As technology improves, they may have the ability to search new areas for more reserves or find a more accurate measuring tool.)

Also - consider that if they were looking to become more of a Free-Market country, they will be seeking to not be oil dependent. As all of them will have the right-to-work.

If they took a very conservative approach, I think it could be done. Claiming a lower rate per barrel (i.e., $60)

If it were ever to reach as low as $60, the economy would likely grow 'strong' and push up demand (which would also increase the value).

We're in a market that has become accustomed to higher prices.

If we ever see Regular below $2.50 / gallon in our lifetime, I would be extremely happy.

Below $2, I would be pushing estatic.

Near $1 - I would be thinking I was living in a fantasy land.

If it were around $1, I'd keep looking over my shoulder, wondering what might be behind me. lol

• Upvote 1

Based on what the PLAN said from years ago I would think the rate will be .00038 plus 20% when we remove the zero.s

SO, 1.17 plus the 20%. At least that was my understanding. Yet when we look at the growth on top of this that should be the bottom it comes out at and go up from that point.

approx. 1.37 or up.

PEACE and EXCITED TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS....

PARTY TIME soon I hope....

I tend to agree with this format. Just looking over all the valid news coming out of Iraq, this would be the most reliable thus far. (first round that is)

• Upvote 1

I'm in at 3.86 IF USD 6+ if GBP

I just heard that they plan to peg the rv to a stable currency prob the GBP. and according to what i heard .........they can adjust the rate post rv + or - 2 % in a 90 day period.

http://www.google.com/finance?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=Zea&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&q=CURRENCY:GBPUSD&ei=I0kuTvrmBpDrgQf_372hAQ&sa=X&oi=currency_onebox&ct=currency_onebox_chart&resnum=1&ved=0CCUQ5QYwAA

Man, I hope you're right!!!