Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Bond market collapse

screwball

get ready! UBS switzerland is in trouble....Planned 34 trillion to be wiped out on the bond market crashing the financial system! FF Cyber attack to be blamed! Planned for this weekend!Cant confirm or deny! do you know what happens when the 34 trillion bond market gets wiped from banking balance sheets???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 4

OK The Prophet had a vision of  a Switzerland bank being destroyed!  So...How about a vision of the IQD being revalued to 1:1 with the USD and then floating to +$4.00! Why not?? All these gurus have all these visions but we still sit here at a 10th of a cent! I call BS!  It is time to revalue this currency now!  You know it, I know it, and the Iraqi people know it!  Get it done! 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Pow! 1

11 minutes ago, Bob said:

OK The Prophet had a vision of  a Switzerland bank being destroyed!  So...How about a vision of the IQD being revalued to 1:1 with the USD and then floating to +$4.00! Why not?? All these gurus have all these visions but we still sit here at a 10th of a cent! I call BS!  It is time to revalue this currency now!  You know it, I know it, and the Iraqi people know it!  Get it done! 

How ignorant to say.  A true prophet (not a guru) will only say what the Holy Spirit tells or shows him/her.  So sad.

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 5

BIDEN will wear the collapse, I was told years ago both good and bad want the collapse....The collapse will be under his watch just like the responsbility for the Internet was placed under BIDENS control??? what happens when we switch to the new internet? who gets the blame? BIDEN? what happens when the Bonds market collapses?? who gets the blame for a market collapse?? BIDEN! ts coming whether you like it or not! As i have said BIDEN will be replaced he will not run 2024, there will be no 2024!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

this from today

https://www.reuters.com/business/finance/ubs-ceo-private-buyer-preferred-outcome-case-rescue-2023-11-22/

UBS CEO says private buyer preferred outcome in case of rescue

Reuters
November 23, 20236:14 AM GMT+11Updated 12 hours ago

People walk past the headquarters of Swiss bank UBS in Zurich April 30, 2013. REUTERS/Arnd Wiegmann/File Photo Acquire Licensing Rights

ZURICH, Nov 22 (Reuters) - UBS is one of the world’s safest large institutions, the Swiss bank's CEO said while speaking at a Swiss Risk Association event on Wednesday.

"Even in the unlikely event of something going wrong at UBS, we have enough cushion before even speaking about a resolution of the bank and its very unlikely risk of a loss for the taxpayer," Sergio Ermotti said.

Would UBS need to be rescued, Ermotti said a private buyer would continue to be preferable.

"Of course, this would likely entail an international buyer."

The head of Switzerland's largest bank also advocated for certain regulatory improvements including strengthening the tools for early intervention by supervisors.

Switzerland should consider a more explicit set of senior management responsibilities similar to those in the UK, Ermotti said, and internationally the liquidity framework must be adjusted for the era of digital banking.

Reporting by Noele Illien; editing by Jonathan Oatis

and this from march

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-03-20/ubs-backed-by-swiss-authorities-take-over-credit-suisse/102118096

ome of the world's largest central banks have come together to stop a banking crisis from spreading, in the wake of Swiss authorities persuading multinational investment bank UBS to buy beleaguered rival Credit Suisse in a historic deal. 

Key points:

• Credit Suisse was caught up in global banking turmoil following the collapse of Silicon Valley Bank and Signature Bank
  • The deal includes $160 billion in liquidity assistance from the Swiss central bank
  • UBS and Credit Suisse are both in a group of the 30 global systemically important banks 

UBS will take over Credit Suisse for $3 billion Swiss francs ($4.8 billion) in a bid to rescue the embattled lender — a move backed by Swiss authorities. 

Soon after the announcement, the US Federal Reserve, European Central Bank (ECB) and other major central banks issued statements to reassure markets walloped by the banking crisis, which started with the collapse of two regional US banks earlier this month.

Credit Suisse, a 167-year-old bank, has been the biggest name ensnared in the market turmoil unleashed by the recent collapse of Silicon Valley Bank and Signature Bank, forcing it to tap $US54 billion ($80 billion) in central bank funding last week.

In a global response not seen since the height of the pandemic, the US Federal Reserve said it had joined with central banks in Canada, England, Japan, the EU and Switzerland in a coordinated action to enhance market liquidity.

The ECB vowed to support eurozone banks with loans if needed, adding the Swiss rescue of Credit Suisse would be "instrumental" in restoring calm.

"The euro area banking sector is resilient, with strong capital and liquidity positions," the ECB said.

"In any case, our policy toolkit is fully equipped to provide liquidity support to the euro area financial system if needed and to preserve the smooth transmission of monetary policy."

US Federal Reserve chairman Jerome Powell and US Treasury secretary Janet Yellen welcomed the announcement by the Swiss authorities. 

In relation to the closure of Signature Bank, a subsidiary of New York Community Bancorp has entered into an agreement with US regulators to purchase the bank's deposits and loans. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

UBS will take over Credit Suisse for $3 billion Swiss francs ($4.8 billion) in a bid to rescue the embattled lender — a move backed by Swiss authorities. 

so if UBS is so safe why this from

Even in the unlikely event of something going wrong at UBS, we have enough cushion before even speaking about a resolution of the bank and its very unlikely risk of a loss for the taxpayer," Sergio Ermotti said.

Would UBS need to be rescued, Ermotti said a private buyer would continue to be preferable.

"Of course, this would likely entail an international buyer."

The head of Switzerland's largest bank also advocated for certain regulatory improvements including strengthening the tools for early intervention by supervisors.

Switzerland should consider a more explicit set of senior management responsibilities similar to those in the UK, Ermotti said, and internationally the liquidity framework must be adjusted for the era of digital banking.

Reporting by Noele Illien; editing by Jonathan Oatis

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/11/15/ubs-boss-ermotti-says-incredible-bond-demand-is-a-signal-to-the-swiss-banking-system.html

FINANCE

UBS boss Ermotti says ‘incredible’ bond demand is ‘a signal to the Swiss banking system’

PUBLISHED WED, NOV 15 20237:06 AM ESTUPDATED WED, NOV 15 20238:04 AM EST

Elliot Smith@ELLIOTSMITHCNBC

KEY POINTS

The Swiss lender last week began selling the bonds — which were at the heart of controversy during its emergency rescue of Credit Suisse earlier this year — for the first time since the takeover.The wipeout of $17 billion of Credit Suisse AT1 bonds in March, as part of the rescue deal brokered by Swiss authorities, caused uproar among bondholders and continues to saddle the Swiss government and regulator with legal challenges.

Sergio Ermotti, CEO of UBS gestures during a panel discussion at the Swiss-American Chamber of Commerce in Zurich, Switzerland January 18, 2019.

Arnd WIegmann | Reuters

UBS Group CEO Sergio Ermotti says the “incredible” market demand for the bank’s recent issuance of AT1 (additional tier one) bonds is a “signal to the Swiss banking system.”

The Swiss lender last week began selling the bonds — which were at the heart of controversy during its emergency rescue of Credit Suisse earlier this year — for the first time since the takeover.

Ermotti told CNBC on Wednesday that he was “more than encouraged” by the massive oversubscription received for last week’s return to the market.

“The AT1 demand was incredible — $36 billion of demand for what happened to be $3.5 billion of placements — and in my point of view, it was probably the highlight in a sense of the confidence is restoring not only for UBS, I would say also it is a signal to the Swiss financial system,” Ermotti said.

UBS boss Ermotti says ‘incredible’ bond demand is ‘a signal to the Swiss banking system’

The wipeout of $17 billion of Credit Suisse AT1 bonds in March, which was part of the rescue deal brokered by Swiss authorities, caused uproar among bondholders and continues to saddle the Swiss government and regulator with legal challenges. Some commentators suggested that it had undermined confidence in the traditionally stable and reliable Swiss banking system.

“The first reactions were based on emotions or people that were very loud because they had their own interest, but I think that, as time went by, people had enough chances to really look at the idiosyncratic situation, and also probably look more carefully into the prospectus of what is written,” Ermotti told CNBC’s Joumanna Bercetche on the sidelines of the UBS Conference in London.

“Those bonds were designed to be there for those kind of situations so I think that people over time, or the vast majority of the people, are coming down to a more balanced way of looking at matters,” he added.

• Like 1

the problem with most countries is that countries have been dumping treasuries in exchnage for gold and now countires are trading in their own currencies, how long do you think this will continue! what people dont realise is no one wants US treasuries!!!! because they are debt ridden and worthless...countries willl not even pay for US exports in USD! Japanese had dumped so many bonds that they are on the verge of collapse, their currency and economy is in collapse! you watch what comes next!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sage449 said:

The wipeout of $17 billion of Credit Suisse AT1 bonds in March, which was part of the rescue deal brokered by Swiss authorities, caused uproar among bondholders and continues to saddle the Swiss government and regulator with legal challenges. Some commentators suggested that it had undermined confidence in the traditionally stable and reliable Swiss banking system.

So UBS buys credit suisse bad debt and then wipes out bonds....i heard and seen as little of yesterday UBS just did the very same thing...

9 hours ago, Shedagal said:

How ignorant to say.  A true prophet (not a guru) will only say what the Holy Spirit tells or shows him/her.  So sad.

There are no modern day prophets. Has not been since the word of GOD was finished with Revelation. Do not add to, or take away from the 66, and no more, books of the Bible. Inspired by the Holy Spirit. 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, screwball said:

BIDEN will wear the collapse, I was told years ago both good and bad want the collapse....The collapse will be under his watch just like the responsbility for the Internet was placed under BIDENS control??? what happens when we switch to the new internet? who gets the blame? BIDEN? what happens when the Bonds market collapses?? who gets the blame for a market collapse?? BIDEN! ts coming whether you like it or not! As i have said BIDEN will be replaced he will not run 2024, there will be no 2024!

Let's hope

6 hours ago, Longtimelurker said:

I heard the same news last night (for what it's worth)

The collapse of the Petrodollar has led to cash outs of US Bondholders overseas.  Even Iraq is dumping $billions of US bonds followed by China & India.

This will lead to the collapse of the US bond markets followed by more bank collapses & the downward spiral of de-flation.

History repeats itself...this is the exact what happened, what kicked off the Great Depression.

OBiden is attempting to pass himself off as a war time president in order to seize more powers & shift blame for his failures.

It's the war, it's Putin, it's Trump that caused me to fail...OBiden will declare.

• Like 1
  • Pow! 5

Luigt I don't know where you are seeing this BS I have not seen all this negatitive info that you are presenting. If this was the case it would be all over the news.  Just like someone said Japan was collapseing. You people are too much on posting  are this crape lets post good info instead of negative. The way I see some posting. people would love to see our country fall apart, we have the best country in the world just some delirious people. Have a Happy Thanksgiving

• Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, edbeach said:

Luigt I don't know where you are seeing this BS I have not seen all this negatitive info that you are presenting. If this was the case it would be all over the news.  Just like someone said Japan was collapseing. You people are too much on posting  are this crape lets post good info instead of negative. The way I see some posting. people would love to see our country fall apart, we have the best country in the world just some delirious people. Have a Happy Thanksgiving

Hilarious yeah the MSM is going to post any of this….lol…there are plenty of sources and markets to watch for those of us who don’t wish to be Spoonfed the BS MSM!! Happy Thanksgiving everyone also!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Pow! 2

2 hours ago, edbeach said:

There are numerous articles out concerning the bond market collapse.

Even Warren Buffet has got out of the bond markets & is exiting Wall Street...why?

Does he know something we don't know?

• Like 1
  • Pow! 6

1 hour ago, Luigi1 said:

There are numerous articles out concerning the bond market collapse.

Even Warren Buffet has got out of the bond markets & is exiting Wall Street...why?

Does he know something we don't know?

bonds dont and will not exsist under gold asset backed currency...they are worthless and need to be wiped

• Like 1
  • Pow! 4