Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

These are the new customs controls for the introduction and removal of funds across the Iraqi border

fnbplanet

30 minutes ago, blueskyline said:

Is there anyone else other than myself that feels like their purchasing power has been raised in country to .05 cents to the Dinar . Dare I say in country RV ? I could be wrong of course . But I get that feeling . Lower prices for goods , sugar , wheat , cell phones and services ? Hmm

I was wondering the same thing and I asked that when Mosul was retaken. This would be strong indicator that we are seeing value to the dinar and moving to a single currency.  

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, blueskyline said:

Is there anyone else other than myself that feels like their purchasing power has been raised in country to .05 cents to the Dinar . Dare I say in country RV ? I could be wrong of course . But I get that feeling . Lower prices for goods , sugar , wheat , cell phones and services ? Hmm

The Best Of Your Labor Day Weekend To You, BlueSkyLine and All DV! :tiphat:

With the recent payoffs from Kurdistan to those owed in Kurdistan's oil industry, I am wondering where the funds came from? Also, hasn't the peasants been paid? Peshmurga, too? Where did that money come from? With the VISA card being able to be used by the citizens internationally, there appear to be "open" economy activities going on where IQD can be converted back and forth with other currencies.

So, to me, this looks like "something" happened so that IQD could be converted internationally at a higher (maybe much higher?) rate than the program rate.

Oh, Yeah, I'm feelin' it!!!

Go Moola Nova!

:pirateship:

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, Floridian said:

Oh man!  I better start preparing what to say to everyone (friends and relatives) who I told about the dinar (and then they bought it expecting to be rich, like I did). 

Even if it did start out at .05 cents, once it's released internationally it has to go up. And I think it would rise quickly. 

• Upvote 8

Even if it is .05 look how fast crypto currencies have risen! It would not take long for you to see a significant enough appreciation to enjoy cashing some in.... I don't believe it would stay .05 for long and I don't believe they can afford to free float with the little stability they are beginning to enjoy.... chin up! 

Edited by NEPatriotsFan1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, NEPatriotsFan1 said:

Even if it is .05 look how fast crypto currencies have risen! It would not take long for you to see a significant enough appreciation to enjoy cashing some in.... I don't believe it would stay .05 for long and I don't believe they can afford to free float with the little stability they are beginning to enjoy.... chin up! 

I know.  I'm okay.  I just thought I was doing such a great thing telling everyone to buy dinar, and now I have "some splainin' to do".

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, WaitIsOver said:

Maybe when the border  with Jordan opens. Which is tomorow?

According to this article I just found, the border opened already - on Wednesday.  The article about the 200,000 dinars came out on Tuesday.  Maybe the dinar is already worth 5 cents?

Jordan and Iraq reopen main border crossing as security situation improves

The crossing, known as Karameh on the Jordanian side and Turabil in Iraq, sits along a 900-kilometre trade route linking Amman and Baghdad, and its closure in July 2015 dealt a blow to Jordan’s already fragile economy

Jordan and Iraq reopened the main border crossing between the two countries on Wednesday, two years after it was closed following ISIL's capture of large swathes of western Iraq. 

https://www.thenational.ae/world/mena/jordan-and-iraq-reopen-main-border-crossing-as-security-situation-improves-1.624617

• Upvote 2