Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

To Declare Martial Law - Suspending Constitution - Communications & TV Cut

UNEEK

Maliki Is Leading A Military Coup Was Imminent Very

By: Mohammed Abdullah - 11-08-2014 | (Voice of Iraq) | printable version

-Will be the Commander in Chief of the armed forces in less than a hour to declare martial law and suspending the Constitution and all constitutional institutions and the arrest of all the heads of political blocs where the elite forces surrounded the headquarters of all political parties and will be besieged Parliament and those who demand the surrender.

-Maliki will cut off all communications and television networks to be Iraqi is the only station that broadcasts.

-Baghdad is now in the grip of forces and al-Maliki will filter some of the heads of the Shiite parties of the year is special forces while heading to Najaf Ashraf, where communications have been cut for the offices of all references and demand from the army besieging agents references in the southern provinces.

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http://www.sotaliraq.com/mobile-item.php%3Fid%3D165388&usg=ALkJrhgyDyfPIXl2Rtlgos5pVdyz3pYN9g#axzz39wexLdW1

He will be gone in 72 hours.

Lord knows I would hope this guy M would die before he made things worse. Well, it seems the SHTF now. I strongly believe Maliki is the one major factor of disaster in this thing. If he were not in power I believe we would be in a tropical beach drinking our favorite beverage by now, and never read another thing about  Iraq...

Captl1 I love your optimism, but it seems now like 72 years to go until this comes to an end.

I think the Parliament delayed this on purpose to see what Maliki would do the us backs the Parliament not the Maliki. So we know that Maliki was planning this whole thing.

I think the Parliament delayed this on purpose to see what Maliki would do the US backs the Parliament not the Maliki. So we know that Maliki was planning this whole thing.

Maliki is only doing this because he knows his time is up  and just like a good little dictator hes rallying up the troops one last time.  He will either be killed now or arrested. Lets just see this play out.  Right now Maliki is in deep shat and trying to arrest the president of the republic but the U.S is backing the president NOT maliki any longer.

• Upvote 3

Meanwhile northern Iraq is in a full blown genocide. Maliki has never cared for the people of Iraq and never will. I’m looking forward to the news that states “Maliki is Dead”. I think he signed his own death warrant this time; his actions over the last 48 hours are truly unforgivable. Or better yet he and his cronies are all arrested and stripped of all power and wealth and sentenced to a life of hard labor in the desert. Including their families wealth is returned to the people.

• Upvote 3

A flaw in the constitution.  As i read it makes no provision to remove or limit the power of the old PM during the selection process. Maliki  is exploiting that gap to the nines. He is PM, Commander-in-Chief, Minister of Defense, and Minister of the Interior( i.e. National Police force. ) .  He alone has the power of law enforcement.

It truly is a mess over there -  and Maliki's political position afforded him protection  --  I wonder, as many others have stated; why he did not  leave when he had  a chance.  With the money and I am sure he had the means - he could have escaped somewhere and lived a good many more years --

It looks bleak for him now - all that he has done in the past 48+  hours has only made matters for him much worse -- He will definitely deserve any harsh treatment he gets  and I would think prison  or hard labor with meager privileges  would be justifiable  -  I do not know how a dictator thinks but I would guess that he would prefer death over any suffering & humiliation

Thanks for all the comments -- Things were really crazy last night and while there could still be trouble I feel things will calm down soon. I sure am praying for  that.

I call this to be another bs article

Someone is quoting the procedure and then talking about Maliki S if this is what Maliki is doing

The article itself is not saying Maliki has done any of this

It's another propaganda lie

I don't know how it looks bleak for Maliki because the newly elected president has violated the constitution

Maybe the newly elected president will be kicked out since he has not full filled his obligations

The guy failed in his first 15 days to do his job

If it were a Kurd that won that largest bloc the new president would of processed him thru the first day

SECOND: Council of Ministers

Article 73:

First: The President of the Republic shall name the nominee of the Council of Representatives bloc with the largest number to form the Cabinet within fifteen days from the date of the election of the president of the republic.

His 15 days are up

Get rid of the president

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Maliki has brought in security forces to prevent a coup against him

That's it

He may be protecting the ministers from harm from the shittes who know Maliki was the largest bloc on the 15th day

And the president failed to choose him to set up the council of ministers

So

Good luck with lawlessness

If it prevails your going to get your wish

Civil unrest

They voted for Maliki not a replacement

It ain't over until the "fat Lady sings" ...er.. the Parliment in session votes their approvals. Until that time ??????????????? Will they be able to leave the hotel and enter the Parliment Building in the "Green Zone"????

Who is the nominee from the other Parliment coalition - if any?

Dontlop,  Thank you for your comments - I feel that the article may have been more of a threat at the time  and of course  you are right the article did not state he "had done" these things  --  and there is no evidence yet today that they are being carried out -

There have been many conflicting articles this morning - I have been reading them for the past  3 1/2 hours and with all due respect do not feel it is safe to "declare" anything  at this point --  I "feel" much is still unfolding

I respect your perspective and would probably give you credit for even knowing more than I do (smile) in regards to policies & procedures when it comes to politics -

I posted the article  just for information purposes and to get feedback  and was not implying that I took it as official .

I do feel that the future is bleak for Maliki - he has stirred up a lot  and I feel it will be difficult for him to escape any or all consequences  of his actions  - but this is just my feelings & opinion --    Thanks again for your input

• Upvote 2