Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Improvement in the value of the Iraqi dinar encourage some countries want to handle it

DinarThug

Love it thugs.

They know that now is the time. I believe this will be finished before the elections.

This is telling the Iraqis that parliament is with deleting the zeros.

$1.00=1166 or. 00086

$1.00=$1.16 or .86

Zeros deleted.

Edited by ladyGrace'sDaddy
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

Love it thugs.

They know that now is the time. I believe this will be finished before the elections.

Love it thugs.

"He pointed out that the increase in the confidence of the world in Iraqi dinar will make it difficult international currency,"

Ya LGD - Quoted Above Is The Beginning Of The 3rd Sentence Of The 1st Paragraph

And Because Of The Translation - When They Say 'Difficult Int'l Currency' - It Means 'HARD INTERNATIONAL CURRENCY' ! :cigar:

B)       B)     B) 

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

Love it thugs.

This is telling the Iraqis that parliament is with deleting the zeros.

$1.00=1166 or. 00086

$1.00=$1.16 or .86

Zeros deleted.

Forgive me for my continued confusion on the subject- will you explain to me the difference between this and a lop? Is this good news or bad?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Forgive me for my continued confusion on the subject- will you explain to me the difference between this and a lop? Is this good news or bad?

I'm constantly confused by arithmetic meets monetary policy.... I think the basic differences are these:

1.A L0P is decimalizing the currency, rebasing it, so that 25,000 dinar would then equal 25 dinar : the zeros are removed from the currency.

2. In LGDs example, (which of course is far more preferable): the zeros are deleted from the exchange rate.

I'm not sure if in example #2 the zeros would remain on the currency? And a 25,000 bill remains a 25,000 dinar bill? That to me would be the critical question....

I don't know if in the minds of some its an either/or proposition (either the exchange rate or the currency)....

If it comes off the exchange rate only, then (to me) a lot of the rationale that's been presented in the media, makes no sense.... (e.g., easier to use banking software programs with zeros deleted, easier to manage commerce with fewer zeros, the value remains the same in terms of what it can buy. etc)...

However, it might be that I'm not applying the parameters correctly and maybe somehow in deleting zeros off the exchange rate, somehow fits into the media discussions of the process.... 

It seems there are two distinct camps of thinking about this.... and if I understand them... then example #2 is not a L0P as I understand it.....

Oh dear I think I'm confusing myself in trying to sort this out to answer.... :D:lol::D

That's about as clear as mud huh??

I have seen on Iraqi TV that they are expecting a spike in the value of the IQD- near the elections pressure will be placed on the CBI and government to raise the value of the dinar

Ohhhh I like that part a lot..... thanks :)

• Upvote 6

Oh yeah, I know who you mean.... and no, that woman was Hispanic and wore USMC OD (green), versus years ago me wearing dark urban cami during  military branch shooting competition practice  :D    And on the whole... USAF women are far more wimpy... :lol:

Edited by Rayzur
  • Upvote 3

the  lop theory  ,  most have  chatted this one off the walls ,  but  if Iraq  did  the lop ,  this would mean Iraq  still  owns  the   most worthless currency in the region , for oil producing countries ,  even  turkey  has above 2  dollar   values on its currency ,   I  would have to think that  closer to the 4 2014  time line ,  the  pressure will be  more toward getting the dinar  to a value  more in line  with the dollar  1 to 1 ,   and too  get  the average Iraqi  person too  love  the dinar it  would  need to be  better rate than  the  dollar  ----  2 to 1   ,  to even  have a good fight against the neighboring  countries  values ---- Kuwait  3 to 1   turkey 2 to 1   Saudi  I believe  is 2 to 1  lets get this  on the road  tomorrow 

but also  lift the zero`s  is  still an option --------  taken those larger bills off the streets   with renewed  values  to the  rates ,

• Upvote 4

CNN. Broadcasting While Buying A Round Of Drinks For The Finance Committee !

(by aggiedad77)

Improvement in the value of the Iraqi dinar encourage some countries want to handle it

Wednesday - February 5 (February 2014) - second year - Issue 482 Wednesday-5 Feb 2014 No. 482

BAGHDAD - My Day

A member of the Finance Committee MP / coalition of Kurdish blocs / Dler capable, that the relative improvement of the value of the Iraqi dinar against the U.S. dollar during the current period, making some states want to deal with it. He is capable of: that the Iraqi dinar is improving day after day, thanks to the new monetary policy pursued by the central bank, prompting some countries such as India and neighboring countries wishing to deal in the business processes. He pointed out that the increase in the confidence of the world in Iraqi dinar will make it difficult international currency, likely that the coming weeks will see an improvement over the value of the dinar against the dollar, and this will enhance the confidence of the world do. India has approached the Iraqi government, the adoption of dealing in local currencies in the process of exchange of Commerce of the two countries instead of the dollar in order to support the Iraqi and Indian currencies. The Finance Committee has confirmed that 2014 will see the deletion of zeros from the Iraqi currency, are described: The delete will be in coordination with the Central Bank. Said committee member Abdul Hussein al-Yasiri in a press statement: The process of deletion of zeros from the national currency will begin during 2014, through an agreement with the central bank, noting: This project will lead to reducing the proportion of the national currency in circulation from four billion to one billion. Added: The value will be reduced to the size of the quarter and this will enhance the value and easy to transport, pointing out that fraud or manipulation of currency cash, it will be very difficult. The CBI identified earlier in the beginning of this year will see the implementation of the project to delete the three zeroes from the national currency, but the Iraqi government has demanded the bank to wait to apply the project, fearing the emergence of counterfeit currency during the switching process.

http://beladitoday.com/index.php?aa=news&id22=15548

just a quick thought...if this is a pure RD and a neutral event, then why are they worried about counterfeit bills?

Why would anyone counterfeit currency undergoing a a zero lopping? There would be no money to be made. Plus, the currency has got to be hard to copy with all its security measures.

Sounds like BS to me

Anybody?

Edited by AmericaInc
  • Upvote 7