Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliament refuses to put a picture-Maliki on the new banknotes

Butifldrm

Parliament refuses to put a picture-Maliki on the new banknotes

10-09-2013 | (Voice of Iraq) - comment.PNG Add a comment -    Baghdad (Iraq) / Ahmed Yassin 

Parliamentary Finance Committee confirmed that put a picture of Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki on the new paper currency is elusive. 

The MP said Jaber Al Jabri's «future» yesterday (Monday, 9 September 2013) that the Central Bank of Iraq is responsible for formulating policies and determine the features of Banknotes new mechanisms for selecting the images printed on them and keep it traditional or historical with respect to Iraq, noting that he does not have any tendency to put pictures of symbols or current figures, whatever its dimensions, but the trend is to develop Iraq's landmarks and monuments on the point of the new banknotes. 

He added that putting pictures of the Prime Minister Banknotes new is elusive and does not have any direction or idea of ​​the project to be implemented on the ground, indicating that the views of politicians to put their points of view is of their own, which is far from the application on the ground whatever ideas and data. 

The statement comes Jabri in response to what proposed by the MP for the coalition of state law, Sami al-Askari put pictures of Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki on the new paper currency «to honor him on his accomplishments achieved for Iraqis. 

Read more on: See more at: http://almustaqbalnews.net

Read more: http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http://www.sotaliraq.com/mobile-news.php%3Fid%3D115461&usg=ALkJrhi1fHOYhSY_J5HlzCDGs-4rFVvlXA#ixzz2eUMLI8cN

I guess they don't know the new notes are already printed   :D

• Upvote 5

What has Maliki accomplished or achieved, I say put the photo of dead PMs on your bank notes starting with Maliki.

***///

Excellent idea ! :lol:  :twothumbs: Well put !

Talk about worthless currency...can't imagine that mug on a banknote.

***///

They'll come to be known as the "Mr. Potato Head" denoms.

Sadaam notes & Mr. Potato Head notes...... whatta country ! :confused2:

• Upvote 2

So that's what is holding everything up.... No new denoms until Maliki gets his picture on one!

(sing this to the Dr Hook tune)

I'm a big dictator, in a land of haters

Never loved anywhere I go

I talk about oil and I talk about peace

but nothing that I really know

Well its kinda funny, when I talk about money

Cause the zero's aren't gone "so far"

But it'll all be different, when I get my picture

On the cover of the New Dinar

New Dinar, gonna get my picture on the cover

Gonna give 5 million to my brother

Gonna see my smiling face, on the cover of the new Dinar.....

• Upvote 10

Important article Butifldrm ! Thanks

First off I don't think anything including Ships, Streets, Currency etc.. should be named after someone that is alive. Possible future scandals of the living can always happen.

Looks like new notes still not decided on,  at least in their entirety. Printing takes time so to me no redenomination by January. Highly doubt the budget will be signed off before the end of the year also.

We get to hold our notes with the three zeroes longer and now just need to see the rate corrected.

• Upvote 2

Ok, I'm not liking this at all. With the other article about "confirming deleting zeroes in 2014" and this one, I would be looking for application for new currency code at any time if they plan on lopping at the beginning of the year.

Someone please shed some sunshine on this to make me feel good, please! ?!?!

So that's what is holding everything up.... No new denoms until Maliki gets his picture on one!

(sing this to the Dr Hook tune)

I'm a big dictator, in a land of haters

Never loved anywhere I go

I talk about oil and I talk about peace

but nothing that I really know

Well its kinda funny, when I talk about money

Cause the zero's aren't gone "so far"

But it'll all be different, when I get my picture

On the cover of the New Dinar

New Dinar, gonna get my picture on the cover

Gonna give 5 million to my brother

Gonna see my smiling face, on the cover of the new Dinar.....

Better you sing it and post it here so we can have a laugh. 

Ok, I'm not liking this at all. With the other article about "confirming deleting zeroes in 2014" and this one, I would be looking for application for new currency code at any time if they plan on lopping at the beginning of the year.

Someone please shed some sunshine on this to make me feel good, please! ?!?!

As of yet no new currency code. Dont say its over until the fat lady sings. How that. 

As I understand it what the new notes would look like has already been decided.

Yep and "accomplishments achieved for Iraqis. 

is totally laughable.  What a joke.  When saddam died maliki thought he became king of baghdad.  Sorry, PM for the rude awakening.   This is totally absurd.