Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Anti American Protests in Bagdad

coorslite21

Iraqi militia threatens U.S. interests over film

An Iraqi militia that carried out some of the most prominentattacks on foreigners during the Iraq war on Thursday threatened U.S. interestsin the country over a film that has triggered protests in Libya, Egypt andYemen.

"The offencecaused to the messenger (Prophet Mohammad) will put all American interests indanger and we will not forgive them for that," said Qais al-Khazali,leader of the Asaib al-Haq militia.

Protests against the film erupted in Baghdad on Thursday andin the city of Basra, 420 km (260 miles) southeast of the capital. Hundreds offollowers of anti-U.S. Shi'ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr took to the streetscalling on the Iraqi government to close the U.S. embassy.

Iraqi Prime MinisterNuri al-Maliki denounced the film as "insulting" and"racist" but called on Muslims not to react with violence.

"The naturalresponse is to refrain from resorting to violence and demonstrate theprinciples of Islam and its civilised values," he said in a statement onThursday.

In Baghdad, hundredsof protesters gathered in Sadr's stronghold of Sadr City, holding up posters ofSadr, burning U.S. flags and chanting, "Death to America".

"How long willwe stay in this coma where there is no real sanction?" Sheikh Riyadhal-Waeli, a Sadr aid, told protesters. "This demonstration is not enoughunless there is a real sanction."

The crowd in Basraalso numbered in the hundreds and both Sunni and Shi'ite clerics participatedin the demonstration, which was organised by Sadr's office.

"We have to firethe U.S ambassador because these things are carried out under U.S supervisionand are aimed at offending Islam and Muslims," protester Yaarabal-Mohammadawi told Reuters.

A smaller protestalso took place in the city of Najaf, 160 km (100 miles) south of Baghdad.

http://www.emirates247.com/news/region/anti-us-protests-across-muslim-world-embassies-attacked-protester-killed-2012-09-13-1.475388

You can view this 14 minute film on youtube......very poorly done.....and actually looks like a bunch of stoned kids put it together.......hard for me to believe this film is the main cause of all the trouble..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8bIC02EwBU

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Thanks Coors. Love the one quote.......

Iraqi Prime MinisterNuri al-Maliki denounced the film as "insulting" and"racist" but called on Muslims not to react with violence.

The rest of the quote probably went like......

"If there's going to be any murders, intimidation, bombings, violence and death.....I will be doing that!"

Love Coors Lite BTW. Pre football tradition. B)

• Upvote 3

He insulting, huh. Too bad so sad, every time they say mohammad comes back and christ is a fraud insults me. I never acted with violence. Oh, but, remember, our government will have you to believe this is isolated to a few and islam is a peaceful religion. When are they going to prove this claim? They are anything but peaceful. Racist?? How about there mandatory hatred of jews and infidels? What is that? I am so sick of this double standard. How can you have a democracy in any islamic country that hates and does not tolerate any religion other religion. All the time we hear in islamic countries that christians are scared for their lives and put in jail. Why can't they practice their religion, live and let live? There's a pattern there. Don't need any media trying to tell me what it is. They ain't got a clue.

• Upvote 8

Let's not forget the American Jewish film maker and the Christian preacher that put the film on the web with the intention of inciting hate, and now conveniently, they have gone into hiding due to fear for their life. Too bad the US diplomats didn't have more warning, but do you think they would have run and hid? These two own a huge amount of responsibility, but it was their intention to incite hatred, but the consequences are overwhelming. The people that were killed, and the 7 Libyans that were killed trying to protect them, put themselves into a dangerous situation in order to continue the implementation of peace in the Middle East, and two jerks have set it back. The Muslims that have been incited and the al Qaeda that killed our people are WRONG!, but these two idiots started it. These facts are starting to show that al Qaeda had a fight planned and I believe this film conveniently gave them cover. AGAIN, the incited Muslims are wrong, but they were the second step to this situation.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Wouldnt it be nice if we all just dumped every dinar and withdrew all our investment monies. we would crush them. im sick of these intolerable muslims. they call for death and destruction to infidels......yet we cant say a word.

Amen, to your comment. So true.

MAYBE this is why the dollar is going to crash, so Iraq would have to use the Dinar. Or MAYBE that is why they hurrying up trying to get everything done so that they could de-dollarize because they Know the dollar is going to crash. Makes you wonder.

This is a stupid movie. Too bad people who get a camera think they can make a movie. I couldn't finish 14 minutes of it. But in response to the question, could something like this stop an RV.....I doubt it.

I agree..

If this thing RVs at even just .10 cents to the USD, i'm cashing out everything before the entire Middle East goes up in flames.

The risks vs the rewards are just too vast.

Same here cash out ASAP and re-invest in US companies ect ect

Edited by steveinfla

I can't imagine what it would take for me to end the life of another. I have never gotten so angry that I have felt compelled to harm an individual to the point of non-existence; to watch their blood run warm into the earth while I stand over top of them feeling justified. And to do it over a movie that some untalented miscreants did in a back alley somehwere, it impossible for me to begin to comprehend. And for it to cause massive riots in the streets while blaming all of Americans for it just seems utterly irresponsible. Really?! Blame all of Americans for a movie that 99.8% of us knew nothing about?! And people actually were killed because of it.

If the world is this volatile, this void of reason, this ready to use any incident as justification to exact vengence, then all I can say is that I thank God and my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ that this world is not my home. The depths within the heart of men is truly a dreadful place. My prayers to the families that have been forever changed for something that they will never even understand.

be blessed my friends.

• Upvote 6

Let's not forget the American Jewish film maker and the Christian preacher that put the film on the web with the intention of inciting hate, and now conveniently, they have gone into hiding due to fear for their life. Too bad the US diplomats didn't have more warning, but do you think they would have run and hid? These two own a huge amount of responsibility, but it was their intention to incite hatred, but the consequences are overwhelming. The people that were killed, and the 7 Libyans that were killed trying to protect them, put themselves into a dangerous situation in order to continue the implementation of peace in the Middle East, and two jerks have set it back. The Muslims that have been incited and the al Qaeda that killed our people are WRONG!, but these two idiots started it. These facts are starting to show that al Qaeda had a fight planned and I believe this film conveniently gave them cover. AGAIN, the incited Muslims are wrong, but they were the second step to this situation.

So its ok for an entire arab world to attack us. embassys because of a movie by a couple people?? Lets blame free speech to keep the middle east happy. f the middle east. they need to be more tolerant. So blame two guys for making a movie......that justifies killing people and violence. wrong

• Upvote 4

Carrello,

But isn't that the point to show that it is ok to call Jesus Christ a fraud and nothing happens, but call mohammad a fraud and all he## breaks loose. A double standard. I believe that in order for folks to see something someone is trying to hid they bring it out in the open. It is not fair that every time Jesus Christ is mocked and/or called a fraud, nothing happens. Once someone mocks and/or calls mohummad a fraud there is a vast majority burning down building and tearing stuff up demanding apologies. That never happens for mocking Jesus Christ. Double standard. I am curious if you have read any of the koran/kuran. It became important to me when I didn't understand. Not a reproach, but it is not fair that they get a free ride of violence over religion and/or their prophet. Joseph Smith has been made fun of and called many things, but again no violence. And for all we know, this violence could have been a 911 thing. Either way, why do they get the free pass on violence with their religion? Not fair.

• Upvote 3

Also, the ministers will not be voting on the oil law anytime soon! This is all a mess. All religion is man made and anything man made is suspect..I believe that a person should be able to worship God they want they want to...Your relationship with God is your business! I believe the guy who made the movie should be held accountable for the Americans who lost their lives as well as the idiots that killed him..All of you newbies be patient..I am loosing confidence in Iraq and begining to look at things for what they really are!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

To address the will this effect the RV part of the title. No I dont think it will.. I am not sawing Adam is wrong or disrespecting him. It is just my opinion that this will not efffect the RV. This is everyday life for the middle east. A bombing here sends us into a tail spin because it is not how we live our lives... The middle east has lived like this for centuries.

• Upvote 1

Carrello,

But isn't that the point to show that it is ok to call Jesus Christ a fraud and nothing happens, but call mohammad a fraud and all he## breaks loose. A double standard. I believe that in order for folks to see something someone is trying to hid they bring it out in the open. It is not fair that every time Jesus Christ is mocked and/or called a fraud, nothing happens. Once someone mocks and/or calls mohummad a fraud there is a vast majority burning down building and tearing stuff up demanding apologies. That never happens for mocking Jesus Christ. Double standard. I am curious if you have read any of the koran/kuran. It became important to me when I didn't understand. Not a reproach, but it is not fair that they get a free ride of violence over religion and/or their prophet. Joseph Smith has been made fun of and called many things, but again no violence. And for all we know, this violence could have been a 911 thing. Either way, why do they get the free pass on violence with their religion? Not fair.

Our policy in the middle east is flawed......somehow we are led to believe everyone wants to be like us.........we having a toleration for everyone, and everything......

Islam very clearly states in the Qur'an what the intent is for them religiously......and it does not say anything about religious freedom and toerance....

We are what we are, and they are what they are......and perhaps we should just agree to disagree and all party's involved should go their own ways and leave one another alone......

The Qur'an:

Qur'an (8:39) - “And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism: i.e. worshipping others besides Allah) and the religion (worship) will all be for Allah Alone [in the whole of the world ]. But if they cease (worshipping others besides Allah), then certainly, Allah is All-Seer of what they do.” Translation from the Noble Quran

Qur'an (9:29) - "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued." Suras 9 and 5 are the last "revelations" that Muhammad handed down - hence abrogating what came before, which includes the oft-quoted verse 2:256 -"Let there be no compulsion in religion...".

Qur'an (9:5) "But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them..." Prayer and charity are among the Five Pillars of Islam, as salat and zakat. See below.

Qur'an (9:11) - (Continued from above) "But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then are they your brethren in religion" This confirms that Muhammad is speaking of conversion to Islam.Qur'an (2:193) - "And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion be only for Allah. But if they desist, then let there be no hostility except against wrong-doers." The key phrase is to fight until "religion be only for Allah."

• Upvote 2

I agree with both sides of the coin here. However as in accidents whose insurance pays is the one whose client could have prevented the accident. In this case it was the two jerk offs who wanted to cause havoc. Maybe they just wanted their 15 minutes of fame and never considered the possible costs, which in this heated climate of hate towards americans was irresponsible and reckless. Perhaps the incident would have happened if they had not put it on You Tube, still the aftermath is growing like a snow ball. I am sure they won't come out of hiding until they are pulled out of their hidey holes. I am sure the Fed know exactly where they are.

• Upvote 1

I agree with both sides of the coin here. However as in accidents whose insurance pays is the one whose client could have prevented the accident. In this case it was the two jerk offs who wanted to cause havoc. Maybe they just wanted their 15 minutes of fame and never considered the possible costs, which in this heated climate of hate towards americans was irresponsible and reckless. Perhaps the incident would have happened if they had not put it on You Tube, still the aftermath is growing like a snow ball. I am sure they won't come out of hiding until they are pulled out of their hidey holes. I am sure the Fed know exactly where they are.

They will always hate americans....does thqt give them right to attack our embassies and citizens? Just because someone looks or says something wrong,doesnt give an excuse for murder

Edited by sandstorm
  • Upvote 1

Our policy in the middle east is flawed......somehow we are led to believe everyone wants to be like us.........we having a toleration for everyone, and everything......

Islam very clearly states in the Qur'an what the intent is for them religiously......and it does not say anything about religious freedom and toerance....

We are what we are, and they are what they are......and perhaps we should just agree to disagree and all party's involved should go their own ways and leave one another alone......

The Qur'an:

Qur'an (8:39) - “And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and polytheism: i.e. worshipping others besides Allah) and the religion (worship) will all be for Allah Alone [in the whole of the world ]. But if they cease (worshipping others besides Allah), then certainly, Allah is All-Seer of what they do.” Translation from the Noble Quran

Qur'an (9:29) - "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued." Suras 9 and 5 are the last "revelations" that Muhammad handed down - hence abrogating what came before, which includes the oft-quoted verse 2:256 -"Let there be no compulsion in religion...".

Qur'an (9:5) "But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them..." Prayer and charity are among the Five Pillars of Islam, as salat and zakat. See below.

Qur'an (9:11) - (Continued from above) "But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then are they your brethren in religion" This confirms that Muhammad is speaking of conversion to Islam.Qur'an (2:193) - "And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion be only for Allah. But if they desist, then let there be no hostility except against wrong-doers." The key phrase is to fight until "religion be only for Allah."

yes, I have read the koran. I actually have 2 of them. I figured I had better read and learn before trying to understand it. But it is not valid for any religion to be violent on another just because of their belief. No where on earth should we accept or force to accept the US way of living, but human rights of speech and religion should go both ways. And it's obvious that it isn't. When will this new hatred towards the US end? Now the guy has to fear for his life because he made a film.