Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

BettyBoop's Op

FlyHi

Hi ya'll,

I just got a message from Betty to say she was just out of theatre after an operation to remove chipped bone from putting pressure on her spine. She say's the doc's think it went well. She's very drowsy as she comes out of the anaesthetic. She will post as soon as she is able..

Cheers Fly

Thanks for keeping us informed and updated, Fly... That's much appreciated...

And please tell her we hug her and stand by her in spirit.

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 2

Hi ya'll,

I just got a message from Betty to say she was just out of theatre after an operation to remove chipped bone from putting pressure on her spine. She say's the doc's think it went well. She's very drowsy as she comes out of the anaesthetic. She will post as soon as she is able..

Cheers Fly

Betty, honey-as part of your convalescence I would not read anything that might include negative content. Filling your Psyche with positive data is part of the entire healing process (mind, body, soul, ). :):mellow: And do not forget about Laughter-the Best Medicine! B)

OOXX

Just a quick update. I received this about Betty from a nurse friend ... a POSITIVE note but paints a picture of the pain she's in too.... :( ....its also hilarious :D See if you can decipher it and the question said through the fog of her strong pain meds....

Excuse the language BUT.......f**k!!!! This hurts!!!!! ThankS fgor. Nort caloing me mAam. Saw theew docxs bout hour ago. Hopefull. Bedresty for wk aleast. Is thos mSking semde? Thanks for - MAil.

She still has that wicked sense of humour...nothing will dull it!!

Cheers

Fly

• Upvote 2

LEGS?!?! ..........whay do you know about my legs?,?!?!!..........NOT you as well!!!!....have we met? .........have ihAsd m leGuS rounD u An DOi. N't member?? Wlll Con. BAk later I nOtR tOoo. DOpyb. COod. Nmt let thaT paSd. :)

I think he meant nice gams toots :P:lol:

get well soon

Ps based on what you said, you must be getting the good stuff :lol:

• Upvote 2

Just a quick update. I received this about Betty from a nurse friend ... a POSITIVE note but paints a picture of the pain she's in too.... :( ....its also hilarious :D See if you can decipher it and the question said through the fog of her strong pain meds....

Excuse the language BUT.......f**k!!!! This hurts!!!!! ThankS fgor. Nort caloing me mAam. Saw theew docxs bout hour ago. Hopefull. Bedresty for wk aleast. Is thos mSking semde? Thanks for - MAil.

She still has that wicked sense of humour...nothing will dull it!!

Cheers

Fly

FlyHi,

I got this same message from her.....hilarious! I couldn't stop laughing. Didn't sound like you were in any pain Betty!!! Lots of love on here for you girl! We know you'll be back soon and better than ever! Hugs! :hug:

:wub: Hi pink piggy piggy! :wub:

• Upvote 1

Hey gang on a more serious note I just got a message from Betty...it was a little cryptic due to the meds but basically she is going back into ICU tonite as she is hypoxic (lacking/deprived of oxygen) due to the combo of meds/chest infection and asthma...she needs serious ventilation treatment but there is conflict with her meds dropping her respiration rate when she needs oxygen...tricky scary stuff...my heart goes out to her and replied as such. I just thought you should all know and uphold her and the medical team as they deal with this complication.

Fly

• Upvote 2

Amen!

Can't wait to see how sloppy her typing is after this next round of drugs, he he he!

Best wishes, Lady! :D

Then go to the crazy side. She sent a message and it was hilarious. Who else but Boop would try to keep us posted after coming out of major surgery. God, , please keep her safe. Amen

• Downvote 1

Hey gang on a more serious note I just got a message from Betty...it was a little cryptic due to the meds but basically she is going back into ICU tonite as she is hypoxic (lacking/deprived of oxygen) due to the combo of meds/chest infection and asthma...she needs serious ventilation treatment but there is conflict with her meds dropping her respiration rate when she needs oxygen...tricky scary stuff...my heart goes out to her and replied as such. I just thought you should all know and uphold her and the medical team as they deal with this complication.

Fly

Betty if it will transfer, I'll breath extra for you tonight.

Betty, I have a perrty good idea what you are going through with a spinal cord problem. I suffered back problems while serving in the military and it went down hill from there. I pray for a speedy recovery and a great outcome for you.

Bless you

Dave

Hey gang I just received an email from John (Betty's younger brother) as she is still in ICU fighting a chest infection.

"There is no change in her condition at the moment. The family are all taking turns and at the same time trying to keep family life as normal as possible from all her nieces and nephews. If you don't hear from us in the next few days you will know there is no change. Being allowed in anytime 24/7. Sorry not good news. John"

Then this little anecdote came from him later:

"All our kids refer to her as lizzy pizzy and they are in and out her house almost every day. They know if we are not buying them something or they want something it " it's alright I'Ll go see our lizzy pizzy". They all know if she can get it for then they just need to ask. She has them all ruined, but in a good way."

So you can see she is loved and adored by everyone...Get well soon Boop we miss you!!

Fly

• Upvote 3

Thank You FlyHi. I've been checking in today to see how Lizzy is doing today, you are great at keeping us informed. Much appreciated.

BettyBoop, Please know how much we care about you and we are all pulling (breathing) for you. I hope you are resting more comfortably today and that you can feel our love crossing "the pond" to comfort you even more. You are very special to us and we miss you. God's speed to you in coming back to us soon.

Hugs, Maggie

• Upvote 1

Thx for the Update FlyHi !

Betty, U've got Team DV standing by to Administer some Psyco(tic) Therapy when Ur Ready ! ;)

We Hope to Hear From U Soon. Rest Up Baby !

B) B) B)

That's funny Thug. Betty, get well soon. I plan to fly across the pond to hang out with you once the RV goes down. Remember, we have a date to slam a few pints and find you a hot man?

Take care women. :D

Hope everyone had a terrific Saturday.

• Upvote 2