Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

STILL NO AUCTION RESULTS TODAY CBI

zapped777

THEY HAVEN'T UPDATED AUCTION RESULTS TODAY OR THEY DIDN'T HAVE AN AUCTION

Well, it isn't a national holiday according to the calendars ... I haven't the time to dig for a special bank holiday or "maintence" ... lol

How about we kick back after church ... watch the race ... and see how this plays out.

Someone will have researched it out thoroughly and posted by then.

Shabs is getting new "digs" though! http://cbi.iq/docume...8-6-2011.En.pdf

Peace

Doc31

• Upvote 9

Since I'm a newbie I don't know if this has been discussed already but it looks like the development of the new CBI Headquarters has been in the works since August 14th, 2010. I found this at Zaha Hadid's website: (sorry I couldn't get it to post a link correctly)

http://www.zaha-hadid.com/press-release/development-of-the-new-central-bank-of-iraq-headquarters-pr

Development of the new Central Bank of Iraq headquarters building

Baghdad, Iraq

14 August, 2010

Zaha Hadid Architects have recently been appointed for the preparation of a feasibility study, brief development and concept design stage for the new headquarters of the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) in Baghdad. The first workshop took place in Istanbul, Turkey on 14 August 2010, where the CBI technical committee headed by his Excellency the Governor of the CBI met with Zaha Hadid Architects and their sub-consultant team.

This preliminary workshop concentrated on the vision of the project’s objectives, success criteria and the operational functions that will be performed by the bank through the coming decades as a national institution that represents the symbol of sovereignty of the Republic of Iraq. The new headquarters building will enable the monetary authority of the CBI to perform its continued role serving stability, development and economic growth in Iraq.

ok NVM. I guess the link did post.

Well, it isn't a national holiday according to the calendars ... I haven't the time to dig for a special bank holiday or "maintence" ... lol

How about we kick back after church ... watch the race ... and see how this plays out.

Someone will have researched it out thoroughly and posted by then.

Shabs is getting new "digs" though! http://cbi.iq/docume...8-6-2011.En.pdf

Peace

Doc31

Doc31

So glad for ur quick note. I really miss u and ur daily posts.'

'

God bless u

Looks like the CBI hasn't listed exchange rates since June 5, 2011. hmmmm.

What would that mean?

sorry but it doesnt mean a thing. a few months back the cbi cut way back on auctions and if i remember there were a few days where there were no auctions. everybody read into this like the big day was coming only to resume auctions at big numbers a few days later. they have done this in the past as well. i will admit that this can look like a good sign of things going in the right direction but this is like groundhog day. its happened before. what seems confusing to us is what the iraqi people know as normal. i feel sorry for them.

Since I'm a newbie I don't know if this has been discussed already but it looks like the development of the new CBI Headquarters has been in the works since August 14th, 2010. I found this at Zaha Hadid's website: (sorry I couldn't get it to post a link correctly)

http://www.zaha-hadi...headquarters-pr

Development of the new Central Bank of Iraq headquarters building

Baghdad, Iraq

14 August, 2010

Zaha Hadid Architects have recently been appointed for the preparation of a feasibility study, brief development and concept design stage for the new headquarters of the Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) in Baghdad. The first workshop took place in Istanbul, Turkey on 14 August 2010, where the CBI technical committee headed by his Excellency the Governor of the CBI met with Zaha Hadid Architects and their sub-consultant team.

This preliminary workshop concentrated on the vision of the project’s objectives, success criteria and the operational functions that will be performed by the bank through the coming decades as a national institution that represents the symbol of sovereignty of the Republic of Iraq. The new headquarters building will enable the monetary authority of the CBI to perform its continued role serving stability, development and economic growth in Iraq.

ok NVM. I guess the link did post.

Hey, if this ties to the call from the UN to shift it's headquarters to Iraq, this is the best news yet !! Couldn't get the link to work, but read "Maliki receives call from UN Sec Gen.....". This is fantastic.

June 12th...

If I recall, a guy here posted about the significance of June 12th to the Iraqis, but more noteworthy how the Sunni & Shitte groups chose different days to celebrate it.. I can't remember which group is tied to which date and what they were celebrating.

But a better question may be, why update the indicative rates but not the auction results?

Interesting in-deed. But, I won't read too much into it. Not until the indicative rates change ;)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's 1:06pm Eastern time and they still have the June 9th currency auction results posted! Interesting, indeed! Hopefully it's not just some dummy's error!

That's because Thrusday is the day before their weekend and there are no auctions on Friday and Saturday.