Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

It will be influential.” Iraq completes its preparations to join the World Trade Organization

Same with Korea. I've said this before on this site, in 1976 when I was based in Korea for a year the exchange rate was 500 won/$. Today it is 1334/$. Went the wrong way and yet they are doing very very well economically on the world stage. Does not bode well for us. Just saying!

• Thanks 2
  • Pow! 1

1 hour ago, md11fr8dawg said:

Same with Korea. I've said this before on this site, in 1976 when I was based in Korea for a year the exchange rate was 500 won/$. Today it is 1334/$. Went the wrong way and yet they are doing very very well economically on the world stage. Does not bode well for us. Just saying!

Many countries have been suppressing the value of their currency to make exports cheaper.. once reset happens and everyone is on a "level playing field", you'll probably experience gains

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, rvmydinar said:

Just Look at Vietnam. Vietnam already joined the WTO. Did Vietnam need to have a recognizable currency to join the WTO?

I don' know, that's why I asked.

2 hours ago, rvmydinar said:

Just Look at Vietnam. Vietnam already joined the WTO. Did Vietnam need to have a recognizable currency to join the WTO?

Vietnam DOES have a recognised currency. It is traded and it can be purchased out with Vietnam in local banks. Iraq does not have that. Idq is considered an exotic currency  The VND  is not an exotic currency

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6

10 hours ago, Longtimelurker said:

They were starting the last event at midnight Thursday night/Friday morning. Kind of weird 

I'm going with lack of a quorum, Iraq's go to sand bagging technique...of course I'm joking...or am I

BUH WAH HAHAHA...I'm losing it aren't I 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, BETTYBOOP said:

Iraq does not have that. Idq is considered an exotic currency 

correct no banks outside iraq can deal in the iqd its kinda on the same level of a black listed sanctioned currency . 

we wait  

11 hours ago, 3n1 said:

thanks dawg you've crushed all my hopes and dreams 🤣 🤣

Let's go just a teency weency bit further and include Iraq as the all time leader in false promises, exaggerated claims who holds the top spot in "CRUSHING HOPES AND DREAMS FOR 20+YEARS"

🤣...saying it, well it just No longer even begins to describe the sheer depth of my disdain & disgust towards these criminals.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Pow! 3

3 hours ago, 3n1 said:

correct no banks outside iraq can deal in the iqd its kinda on the same level of a black listed sanctioned currency . 

we wait  

Where did you purchase your iqd then? Through currency dealers? BOA or Citibank?

1 hour ago, rvmydinar said:

Where did you purchase your iqd then? Through currency dealers? BOA or Citibank?

insert "currently"  between banks and outside in my above post and thats been for some years now . 

• Pow! 1

On 2/29/2024 at 9:52 PM, tn vol said:

Do they have to have a recognizable currency to join the WTO?

It’s been my belief they must have an international traded currency to be a full member of the WTO. But, I don’t study Iraq as much as I have in the past so may be in error. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Pow! 1

3 hours ago, Bama Girl said:

It’s been my belief they must have an international traded currency to be a full member of the WTO. But, I don’t study Iraq as much as I have in the past so may be in error. 

Iraq completes requirements to join WTO

• Upvote 1

Part of the Iraqi capital, Baghdad. Photo: Shafaq News

Baghdad (IraqiNews.com) – The Iraqi Minister of Trade, Atheer Al-Ghurairi, affirmed that Iraq fulfilled the conditions necessary to become a member of the World Trade Organization (WTO) following the completion of economic reforms and the enhancement of the investment climate.

Al-Ghurairi told the Emirates News Agency (WAM) that Baghdad finalized issues related to goods and services in accordance with the deadlines set for integration into the international trade system.

The remarks of the Iraqi Trade Minister took place during his participation in the 13th Ministerial Conference of the WTO held in the UAE capital, Abu Dhabi.

The Iraqi government expressed interest in joining the WTO after submitting a request to do so in 2004. Iraq needed to be a member of the multilateral international trade system in order to regain its place as a major player in the global economy.

Al-Ghurairi mentioned that an Arab-level gathering would be held to hear about their experiences prior to joining the organization and how to take advantage of its benefits.

In addition to debating the future of the global trade movement in light of current challenges, Al-Ghurairi said that the conference sends a strong message to the countries of the world about the value of joining this organization.

The Iraqi official added that Iraq is attempting to expand its commercial and economic connections around the world in order to create new opportunities for collaboration.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 3

12 minutes ago, 6ly410 said:

affirmed that Iraq fulfilled the conditions necessary to become a member of the World Trade Organization (WTO) following the completion of economic reforms and the enhancement of the investment climate.

16 minutes ago, 6ly410 said:

It’s been my belief they must have an international traded currency to be a full member of the WTO. But, I don’t study Iraq as much as I have in the past so may be in error

🤔