Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Tuesday Lunchtime Opinions @ 1:20 PM MDT - 12/26/2023

ronscarpa

REMEMBER, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what they perceive to be happening in Iraq... So, take everything with a grain of salt ... :twothumbs: RON 

Pimpy   Iraq has experienced multiple devaluations and revaluations of the currency...From 1988 to currently where we are these are the major events that affected currency.  1988 the IQD as introduced.  This was replacing the IQP (Iraqi pound).  This was done at a fixed rate of 1 to 1.  You could exchange your IQP straight across 1 for 1 for the Iraqi dinar (IQD).  1990 when Bush went to war with Iraq of course the gulf war caused significant devaluation of the IQD.  The currency lost about 80% of its value against the US dollar.  You could exchange 1 Iraqi dinar for $0.31 cents US. [Post 1 of 3]

Pimpy  The funny thing is I would take that right about now because I have about four or five million Iraqi dinars. If it jumped up to $0.31, woo, I'd be happy with that because I'd get over a million dollars back. 1995 the IQD was officially pegged to the US dollar at a fixed rate of 1 IQD for $2.85 USD.  2003 we know the US led an invasion of Iraq...This led to economic instability and currency fluctuations.  The Iraqi dinar was devalued to around 1 IQD for $1.30 USD, then to pennies...Got rid of the ones with the faces of Saddam Hussein... 1 new IQD was equivalent to 1,000 old IQDs (3,000 to $1US).  In 2012 (before 2012) the central bank...allowed the IQD to float freely.  This led to a significant devaluation of the currency with the IQD losing 20% of its value.(this is a gross misrepresentation - The CBI lowered the value several times since late 2020...see chart: https://tradingeconomics.com/iraq/currency select "all" )..[Post 2 of 3..stay tuned]

Pimpy   2014 IQD experienced another devaluation. This time it was due to the decline in oil prices and conflict with ISIS. The currency lost about 15% of its value against the USD.  [Later] the CBI implemented a new exchange regime allowing the IQD to float freely against the basket of currencies. I think a lot of what Pimple wroth was from memory - again, check the chart. This led to further devaluation of the currency with the IQD losing another 10% of its value against the US dollar and then not even a year later to turn around and...increase the value of the Iraqi dinar exchange rate...So yeah at one time the Iraqi dinar was more valuable than the US dollar.  Do I think it can get there again?  Of course  I believe that absolutely but there are hurdles that Iraq has to get over. [Post 3 of 3]

12-26-2023   Newshound/Intel Guru Walkingstick    At what rate will the IQD go into the [Middle East] basket?  I don't know...This is an RI.  This is the reinstatement phase.  The goal is to reinstate the value that the Iraqi dinar once was proud of...It's a reinstatement to get to the Real Effective Exchange Rate (REER) to a float.  The key is to let them get to that number. 

:tiphat:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 5

12-26-2023   Newshound/Intel Guru Walkingstick    This is the reinstatement phase.  The goal is to reinstate the value that the Iraqi dinar once was proud of...It's a reinstatement to get to the Real Effective Exchange Rate (REER) to a float.  The key is to let them get to that number. 

Let's get 'er done.   Go RV.

• Upvote 7

IF Adam's plan is still active, when the RV happens, this site is scheduled to be abandoned by mods and VIP/ OSI'ers.  I remember Adam saying someone would have to keep it going.  Snowglobe7 volunteered, but she is long gone.

Anyway, my point is, if we are really close, some of us will be directed to a new site.  Seeing how things have changed, Adam may choose to deactivate this site.

My suggestion is that if there is someone you want to stay in contact with, you need to find a way to connect.  Unfortunately, members cannot send pm's, and we are discouraged from giving contact information in the forums.  Maybe there will be some leniency for those willing to share.

Just a thought.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

10 minutes ago, Shedagal said:

IF Adam's plan is still active, when the RV happens, this site is scheduled to be abandoned by mods and VIP!" rel="">VIP/ OSI'ers.  I remember Adam saying someone would have to keep it going.  Snowglobe7 volunteered, but she is long gone.

Anyway, my point is, if we are really close, some of us will be directed to a new site.  Seeing how things have changed, Adam may choose to deactivate this site.

My suggestion is that if there is someone you want to stay in contact with, you need to find a way to connect.  Unfortunately, members cannot send pm's, and we are discouraged from giving contact information in the forums.  Maybe there will be some leniency for those willing to share.

Just a thought.

Very good thought! There are several individuals that I desire to stay in touch with.

• Upvote 5

15 minutes ago, Shedagal said:

IF Adam's plan is still active, when the RV happens, this site is scheduled to be abandoned by mods and VIP!" rel="">VIP/ OSI'ers.  I remember Adam saying someone would have to keep it going.  Snowglobe7 volunteered, but she is long gone.

Just a thought.

I wish someone would de-activate OBiden.

• Haha 1
  • Pow! 4

17 minutes ago, Shedagal said:

Just a thought.

It already feels like Adam abandoned this site.. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

There is a facebook dinar vet site. I went there when Adam was "updating" this site a couple of times. If everyone here would go and become part of that site, that would be one way for this group to stay together, if Adam has already hit the road or if he hasn't but shuts down this site if or when the RV occurs. Be sure to use the same user name on the FB site that you go by here so everyone will know who you are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

I thought I remembered Adam saying that he would keep the site open for a while after the RV/RI ! Seems like I remember that being written somewhere around 2013. The VIP members were supposed to be getting a text message with instructions on what the plan was. I agree that the plan should be top secret and very confidential. As just the true nature of what we are dealing with! I know Adam has made a lot of money in the crypto market! The problem for me I was not in a position where I could follow his lead! He gave everyone her information on how to make money with the crypto market! He was ahead of the curve on the second wind of bitcoin! I’m still very hopeful that the IQD will be a wise investment! I think Adam is still holding IQD and will see this opportunity through. I believe he has some good ideas of how to make more money when the IQD does RV ! I personally don’t think Adam has made all the money he wants to make! Therefore he has an incentive to try and make more! I don’t know anything concrete about his plans, this is strictly my opinion!!! Happy New Year!!! 🤠

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

14 hours ago, ronscarpa said:

Nader From The Mid East    I'm not saying the rate is going to change the 1st of January

So are you saying there won't be a rate change on 01/01/24 because you and Iraqi citizens still love to use dollars instead of dinar because it is convenient to carry dollars instead of dinar in their pockets unless they release a new lower denoms?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, ronscarpa said:

Nader From The Mid East    I'm not saying the rate is going to change the 1st of January

So are you saying there won't be a rate change on 01/01/24 because you and Iraqi citizens still love to use dollars instead of dinar because it is convenient to carry dollars instead of dinar unless they release a new lower denoms?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1