Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IMF Staff Concludes Staff Visit with Iraq

6ly410

6 hours ago, Theseus said:

First off back in 2020/1, an Iraqi Committee member said that they would not be changing the rate for 5 years. This was based on the implementation of the White Papers. So far everything that was stated according to the implementation of the White Papers has held. An RV in 2024 is not going to happen according to the Committee member. ( I have posted the statement before. If you want to verify the statement go find it.) When IMF gives Iraq go ahead, then and only then will they RV. Not before.

They are not going to tell anyone when they will be increasing the Dinar value.  All hell will break loose.  There will be an increase in violence from people stealing and killing each other to protect their Dinar or stealing. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 3

3 hours ago, NMP2017 said:

And they've changed the exchange rate twice since 2020... to 1460 at the end of 2020 and to 1300 in 2023 So, so much for not changing the exchange rate for 5 years...

any day between now and 1 Jan 2024...24 Dec 2023 would make for an AWESOME Christmas present! 🎁 2nd to last Sunday of the year just like in 2020 😁

Exactly.  

• Upvote 2
  • Pow! 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/21/2023 at 11:23 PM, 6ly410 said:

I agree most likely it’s happening in December 2023 - what happens after 01/01/24 when the usd is banned completely? Pls explain - thanks 

Well Dec 2023 came and went. No RV. Again see my previous post remarking the committee member saying no rate change for 5 years in January 2020/1. Five years is 2025 which is what I have been saying for a while now based off of that article and what the White Papers state.  

Well JohnnyV according to your logic Iraq has RVd more than a dozen times since they were put on the program rate. And it was 1310 not 1300. There is only one RV that people are most concerned with, the RV rate when Iraq comes off of the official program rate. Until then it is just a cat pawing a mouse. 

Edited by Theseus
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

On 12/22/2023 at 2:22 AM, Longtimelurker said:

I believe they posted the same thing in 2014.

No. There was an SBD in 2016 but Iraq stepped in their own dung by trying to cheat the system and they got caught. That is the reason (moreso than COVID) they did not RV back then. The IMF scolded them but did not "officially" punish them other than to prevent them RVing. Iraq RVing is so much more than putting currency back on the international market at a certain price. It also requires internal and external investment and the stability to maintain investments. And lets set it straight Kuwait did not RV as I have shown this over and over again on here. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 2

On 12/21/2023 at 11:30 PM, 6ly410 said:

The IMF staff team stands ready to support system">support the authorities in their reform efforts and would like to thank them for candid and productive discussions during this mission.”

They say that or near that everytime they conclude their visit. It is a standard line and is nothing more than window dressing.

Its like when you exit a plane the Airline Stewardesses say "Buh-Bye" to everyone. Its expected and done everytime. 

Edited by Theseus
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Theseus said:

Again see my previous post remarking the committee member saying no rate change for 5 years in January 2020/1. Five years is 2025 which is what I have been saying for a while now based off of that article and what the White Papers state. 

Recently, @NEPatriotsFan1 posted something that fits this timeline as well. His source told him we’re looking at the first quarter of 2025. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Theseus said:

No. There was an SBD in 2016 but Iraq stepped in their own dung by trying to cheat the system and they got caught. That is the reason (moreso than COVID) they did not RV back then. The IMF scolded them but did not "officially" punish them other than to prevent them RVing. Iraq RVing is so much more than putting currency back on the international market at a certain price. It also requires internal and external investment and the stability to maintain investments. And lets set it straight Kuwait did not RV as I have shown this over and over again on here. 

https://www.iraqinews.com/features/iraqi-dinars-project-postponed-5-years-says-central-bank/

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately... all Iraqis, including the government thought they could pull a fast 1 with the rest of the world and that they would get awY with it.. they pay lips service to everything and then get caught doing something they shouldn't or something illegal appears. They will never learn that to play with the rest of the world there are certain things / actions that will not be tolerated

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BETTYBOOP said:

Unfortunately... all Iraqis, including the government thought they could pull a fast 1 with the rest of the world and that they would get awY with it.. they pay lips service to everything and then get caught doing something they shouldn't or something illegal appears. They will never learn that to play with the rest of the world there are certain things / actions that will not be tolerated

and of course it is not their fault...it is the western countries of the world fault...we are to blame for all their ills...not them...

• Upvote 2
  • Pow! 1

6 hours ago, BETTYBOOP said:

I believe most ciitizens of most countries are good people but agree that most govts are bad globally. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

22 hours ago, Longtimelurker said:

You are talking "postponement" back in 2014. They implemented the White  Paper in 2020. The article I speak about is the committee member saying that when they changed the rate to 1460, it was only supposed to be for 1 year. However, the powers that be stated that it would be 5 years. This is not a "postponement of removing the zeros" like what is said in the article you quoted. The WP is being implemented and supposedly suppose to take 5 years to implement and at the end of that 5 years the RV rate would change. 

It has been pointed out that line at the end of the IMF statement about supporting Iraq, blah, blah, blah. Go back to each year that they conclude their trip to Iraq and write a report. Its always in there. And its actually nothing really to see or pin hopes on because it means nothing other than yeah they know you are working on it but not today. Truly a political statement by the IMF (more like office politics than fight out knuckle drag out political statement.) Its like when unicorns fart rainbows to fly. The farts don't smell because it doesn't exist.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 1/25/2024 at 5:35 AM, Theseus said:

Well Dec 2023 came and went. No RV. Again see my previous post remarking the committee member saying no rate change for 5 years in January 2020/1. Five years is 2025 which is what I have been saying for a while now based off of that article and what the White Papers state.