Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Five years later .. Nujaifi reveals the "real cause" of the fall of Mosul

Wiljor

4 hours ago, jmartin1145 said:

10Years. I noticed you retired from oil field. What did you do? I was a roughneck back in the 80s in Wyoming.

I was in North Dakota 2012-2016 - Bakken Oil Field. I worked for ConocoPhillips out of 3 different offices. Sydney, Montana / Watford City, ND & my main office in Dickinson, ND. I ran Maintenance crews at Well sites for a short while, then headed the Preventative Maintenance centering on the Weatherford and Lufkin Pumping Units for a few years until I retired. i also ran Government mandated well site land conservation / erosion projects.

( When I returned from the Middle East in late 2006, I worked for Halliburton 2006-2012 in Grand Junction Colorado - Wireline & Perforation. NATURAL GAS FIELD UP there. I worked with High Explosives, building Gun Train Assemblies for the Perf Crews. Some of those Wells were 12 thousand feet deep).

Always a lot of work in the early spring thru Summer into early Fall repairing washouts & erosion issues in and around the Well Sites. Any spills we reacted to - First on site ( at least that was the plan ;) ). I worked with a GREAT bunch of guys/roughnecks well versed in construction, maintenance and so forth. Lots of Roughneck outfits up there - well there were when Oil prices were high. Lots of layoffs last year and drilling rig count was way down. I think it has improved some of late.

Our Dickinson, ND office is about 7 miles out of town right on the Stark/Dunn county line. Across the Highway and about a mile West down the road we watched the Drilling Rigs Cemetery grow from late 2015 thru 2016: when I left late last year there were 32 at that location.

I've spoken just recently with friends still working for Conoco. They say they are beginning to hire but its slowly coming back. I wouldn't see any serious ramp up until Spring ( maybe ) of 2017. Winter hits pretty early in ND. Begins to get COLD in October. 

They're laying the ground work now ( this is what they tell me ) to get everything in place for a serious effort next Spring. 

All the Best jmartin1145 - BY THE WAY - Did you work in Rock Springs, Wyoming by chance ? I worked in the Halliburton Wireline & Perf when they need help when things were Blowing and Going back in the day

Always great to hear from a fellow Oil Field worker.  :tiphat:

• Upvote 3

Iraqi Police Clearing Liberated Areas of Mosul from IS Elements

Basnews English

29/06/2017 - 00:07

Iraqi Police Clearing Liberated Areas of Mosul from IS Elements

MOSUL — Iraqi Federal Police has announced a massive operation in Mosul to capture Islamic State (IS) sleeper cells in the liberated districts of the major city.

According to Wasiq Hamdani, commander of Nineveh Police, on Wednesday alone the forces captured the three IS elements in western and southeastern neighbourhoods of the city.

Elsewhere in Mosul’s southern district of Wasiq, Iraqi police forces arrested a bus driver who was proven later to be a member of the jihadist group.

As the army is further isolating the remaining IS militants in the Old City of Mosul, the police forces are now busy clearing the already-freed areas.

Iraq’s Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi earlier this week vowed to declare the full liberation of Mosul in days.

http://www.basnews.com/index.php/en/news/iraq/360416

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago

Iraq announces "the end of Daesh" in Mosul

2017-06-29T10: 01: 23Z
1-960503.jpg
General view of the city of Mosul
  •  
  •  
Abu Dhabi - Sky News Arabia

The Iraqi Defense Ministry, on Thursday, the end of the terrorist organization Daesh in the city of Mosul, north of the country, ending a three-year control of the militants on the city.

The ministry explained that the presence of Daesh in Iraq ended forever, saying that there is no longer an option for the organization only extremists to surrender.

According to the reporter, "Sky News Arabia," that a complete collapse happened in the ranks Daesh, saying that only five members of the organization are still continuing to fight.

According to an Iraqi military commander, earlier, that his forces captured the famous and surrounding areas Nouri mosque complex.

He warned Major General Sami al-Aridi, the need for the endorsement of the site by engineering teams, fearing that the fighters had planted Daesh the explosives.

Nouri mosque and received great symbolism, it is on the pulpit, announced the leader of the extremist Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi Daesh in July 2014 the establishment of the so-called "Caliphate" on land include areas of Syria and Iraq.

The Battle of Mosul launched in October 2016 with the support of the international coalition to fight Daesh, but the population density of the city and take Daesh civilians as human shields, another of the progress of the Iraqi forces.

It is estimated that approximately 350 thousand people have been displaced from Mosul, because of fierce fighting, and living conditions difficult far from their homes.

• Upvote 5

History of edits:: 2017/6/29 11:58 • 368 times readable
Control of the mosque and Al-Nouri and humpback Aserjkhanh
{Baghdad: Euphrates News} commander of operations coming Aaninoy Advertise team special corner forces Abdul Amir Rashid Yar God that the fight against terrorism forces seized control of a mosque Nouri and humpback and Aserjkhanh ".
Aarallah team confirmed in a statement to the cell media war and the Euphrates News Agency {} received a copy of it that " the pieces are still ongoing progress." 
The Daesh terrorist gangs have blown up on 21 June of this, the Great Mosque of Al - Nouri and humpback minaret in the old city of Mosul after Ayman approached him security forces. 
Like the mosque and humpback symbol of the city of Mosul, and declared him the leader of the terrorist Daesh Abu Bakr al - Baghdadi succeed him Almzaaomh.anthy
  • Upvote 2

Iraqi forces liberate Nuri Mosque, ISIS command center in Mosul

June 29 2017 01:17 PM
CTS forces
CTS forces

The Iraqi Counter Terrorism Service (CTS) forces have controlled al-Nuri Mosque, al-Hadbaa Minaret and al-Sirgkhana district in Mosul's right bank, Lieutenant-General Abdul Amir Rashid Yarallah, commander of "We Are Coming, Nineveh" operations, revealed on Thursday. 

In  a press statement, Yarallah said that CTS forces continue its push to liberate the Old City from ISIS' clutches. 

Al-Sirgkhana is a strategic area considered an ISIS' command center in Mosul's right bank. Al-Nuri Mosque is the place where the terrorist group declared their self-proclaimed caliphate.  

It is estimated that there are a few of ISIS terrorists left in Mosul, the second largest city of Iraq. It is expected that they will desperately defend the last pocket of the city that has been once their main stronghold in Iraq. 

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/13681/Iraqi-forces-liberate-Nuri-Mosque-ISIS-command-center-in-Mosul

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, 10 YEARS LATER said:

I was in North Dakota 2012-2016 - Bakken Oil Field. I worked for ConocoPhillips out of 3 different offices. Sydney, Montana / Watford City, ND & my main office in Dickinson, ND. I ran Maintenance crews at Well sites for a short while, then headed the Preventative Maintenance centering on the Weatherford and Lufkin Pumping Units for a few years until I retired. i also ran Government mandated well site land conservation / erosion projects.

( When I returned from the Middle East in late 2006, I worked for Halliburton 2006-2012 in Grand Junction Colorado - Wireline & Perforation. NATURAL GAS FIELD UP there. I worked with High Explosives, building Gun Train Assemblies for the Perf Crews. Some of those Wells were 12 thousand feet deep).

Always a lot of work in the early spring thru Summer into early Fall repairing washouts & erosion issues in and around the Well Sites. Any spills we reacted to - First on site ( at least that was the plan ;) ). I worked with a GREAT bunch of guys/roughnecks well versed in construction, maintenance and so forth. Lots of Roughneck outfits up there - well there were when Oil prices were high. Lots of layoffs last year and drilling rig count was way down. I think it has improved some of late.

Our Dickinson, ND office is about 7 miles out of town right on the Stark/Dunn county line. Across the Highway and about a mile West down the road we watched the Drilling Rigs Cemetery grow from late 2015 thru 2016: when I left late last year there were 32 at that location.

I've spoken just recently with friends still working for Conoco. They say they are beginning to hire but its slowly coming back. I wouldn't see any serious ramp up until Spring ( maybe ) of 2017. Winter hits pretty early in ND. Begins to get COLD in October. 

They're laying the ground work now ( this is what they tell me ) to get everything in place for a serious effort next Spring. 

All the Best jmartin1145 - BY THE WAY - Did you work in Rock Springs, Wyoming by chance ? I worked in the Halliburton Wireline & Perf when they need help when things were Blowing and Going back in the day

Always great to hear from a fellow Oil Field worker.  :tiphat:

Yes. Rock Springs and then went to Casper. Of course that's basically where we our belongings. Lived out on the rig most of the time. Worked for Poole Well Service and Rio Grande Drilling.

• Upvote 2

History of edits:: 2017/6/29 11:58 • 368 times readable
Control of the mosque and Al-Nouri and humpback Aserjkhanh
{Baghdad: Euphrates News} commander of operations coming Aaninoy Advertise team special corner forces Abdul Amir Rashid Yar God that the fight against terrorism forces seized control of a mosque Nouri and humpback and Aserjkhanh ".
Aarallah team confirmed in a statement to the cell media war and the Euphrates News Agency {} received a copy of it that " the pieces are still ongoing progress." 
The Daesh terrorist gangs have blown up on 21 June of this, the Great Mosque of Al - Nouri and humpback minaret in the old city of Mosul after Ayman approached him security forces. 
Like the mosque and humpback symbol of the city of Mosul, and declared him the leader of the terrorist Daesh Abu Bakr al - Baghdadi succeed him Almzaaomh.anthy
  • Upvote 2

06/29/2017 11:53(Updated 12:10 29/06/2017)

He announced the Iraqi federal police chief, Raed Shakir Jawdat team, on Thursday, June 29, the liberation of a mosque in the old city, the last bastion of the organization "Daesh" terrorist in the right coast of Mosul, Nineveh Center, northern Iraq.

Said Jawdat in a statement correspondent "Sputnik" in Iraq received a copy of it, "federal police forces liberated mosque Karar in Bab Lagash area" - on the western side of Mosul, within the right coast and in the old town, which is witnessing great progress forces to eliminate "Daesh" terrorist.

Announced the commander of operations "are coming, Nineveh," Lieutenant-General Special Forces Abdul Amir Rashid Yar God, control of the mosque and the minaret of the historic Nouri humpback, and the strategy is a center for the leadership of the "Daesh" terrorist Ayman in Mosul, northern Iraq.

He explained Yar God, in a statement obtained correspondent "Sputnik" in Iraq, a copy of it, on Thursday June 29, the anti-terrorism forces in control of Al-Nouri mosque and the minaret of humpback, and Mntqh.aserjkhanh, in the old city last bastion for "Daesh" in the right coast connector

Aarallah confirmed that the security cuts continue to progress to liberate the city from the grip of the old "Daesh" terrorist

• Upvote 2

Mosul has become ISIS-free, say coalition forces

June 29 2017 02:22 PM
Breaking
Breaking

Iraqi military spokesperson, Brigadier General Yahya Rasool announced on Thursday that ISIS extremists’ reign in the country is over.

"Their fictitious state has fallen," Rasool added.

Three years to the day since ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi declared the establishment of the so-called caliphate from the same spot.

On February 19, US-backed Iraqi forces launched a wide scale military operation to oust ISIS  terrorists from the right bank of Mosul city, their last major stronghold. Before this, the forces managed to free parts of the left bank of the city. 

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/13686/Mosul-has-become-ISIS-free-say-coalition-forces

• Upvote 4

Iraqi forces besiege ISIS terrorists in Old City of Mosul

June 29 2017 02:11 PM

The Iraqi forces are besieging ISIS terrorists in the south of the Old City of Mosul, Federal Police Commander Raed Shakir Jawdat said in a statement on Thursday.

The troops have advanced 200 meters toward Sirg Khana neighborhood in the Old City of Mosul, which is considered to be ISIS' last stronghold in the right bank of Mosul, he confirmed. 

Jawdat added that units from the Third Division, backed by an armored vehicle, have advanced toward a mall in SirgKhana neighborhood and destroyed a booby trapped car,  and 34 explosive devices.

Meanwhile, units from the Fifth Division have reached Bab Al-Jadid neighborhood in the Old City of Mosul.

The Iraqi drones has bombarded ISIS's mobile targets, killed 12 terrorists, and seized an ISIS anti-aircraft weapons lab, he added.

The Iraqi troops have evacuated 37 Iraqi civilians from the clashes areas. 

This comes as the Iraqi forces, aided by the US-led coalition, launched a major offensive to drive ISIS terrorists out of Mosul.

http://www.thebaghdadpost.com/en/story/13684/Iraqi-forces-besiege-ISIS-terrorists-in-Old-City-of-Mosul

• Upvote 4

Iraqi Official Channel Announces End of IS in Mosul

Basnews English

29/06/2017 - 14:08

Iraqi Official Channel Announces End of IS in Mosul

MOSUL — After the Iraqi security forces recaptured the symbolic building of Grand Mosque - where the Islamic State (IS) first declared the caliphate, the Iraqi official TV channel, al-Iraqiyah, announced the end of the organization in the city.

The Iraqi second largest city fell to the IS militants due to the collapse of the Iraqi army in the city during the former Iraqi PM Nouri al-Maliki’s reign. Observers and many Iraqi officials believe that Maliki’s sectarian-based policy led to the collapse of the northern Iraqi provinces in the wake of IS organisation’s attack.

After nearly eight months into the battle to retake the city, the Iraqi forces are close to declare the liberation of the entire city from IS. The Iraqi forces announced today the seizure of the Grand Nuri Mosque in the centre of the Old City district, the last IS-held area in Mosul.

Abu Bakir al-Baghdadi proclaimed his self-styled caliphate in June 2014 in the mosque.

IS militants last week bombed the Hadba ancient minaret adjoining the Grand Mosque, causing extensive damage to the mosque.

The operation to liberate Mosul was launched by Iraqi and Peshmerga forces, backed by US-led coalition air support, on October 17, 2016. The eastern half of the city was declared free in January 2017, and the forces moved on to liberate the western part of the city in February 19, 2017.

• Upvote 4

Iraqi forces capture historic Mosul mosque where Islamic State declared ‘caliphate’: military

by 6f179dd84f6766787386163fcfc86f98?s=80&d= Loaa Adel Jun 29, 2017, 1:35 pm

Iraqi forces capture historic Mosul mosque where Islamic State declared 'caliphate': military

Smoke billows from the Islamic State militants positions after an artillery attack by Iraqi forces. REUTERS/Erik De Castro

(Reuters) Iraqi forces captured on Thursday the wrecked historic mosque of Mosul in which Islamic State proclaimed its self-styled “caliphate” three years ago, an Iraqi military statement said.

Taking the Grand al-Nuri Mosque hands a symbolic victory to the Iraqi forces which have been battling for more than eight month to capture Mosul, the northern city that served as Islamic State’s de facto capital in Iraq.

The insurgents blew up the medieval mosque and its landmark leaning minaret a week ago, as U.S.-backed Iraqi forces started a push in its direction. Their black flag had been floating on al-Hadba, the ”hunchback” minaret, since June 2014.

http://www.iraqinews.com/iraq-war/iraqi-forces-capture-historic-mosul-mosque-islamic-state-declared-caliphate-military/

• Upvote 2

WORLD NEWS | Thu Jun 29, 2017 | 7:22am EDT

Iraq declares end of caliphate after capture historic Mosul mosque

?m=02&d=20170629&t=2&i=1190973102&w=&fh=

Iraqi government troops on Thursday captured the mosque in Mosul from where Islamic State proclaimed its self-styled caliphate three years ago, the Iraqi military said.

Seizing the 850 year-old Grand al-Nuri Mosque hands a symbolic victory to the Iraqi forces who have been battling for more than eight month to recapture Mosul, the northern city that served as Islamic State's de facto capital in Iraq.

"Their fictitious state has fallen," an Iraqi military spokesman, Brigadier General Yahya Rasool, told state TV.

The insurgents blew up the medieval mosque and its famed leaning minaret a week ago as U.S.-backed Iraqi forces started a push in its direction. Their black flag had been flying from al-Hadba (The Hunchback) minaret, since June 2014.

Iraqi authorities expect the battle to end in the coming days as Islamic State has been bottled up in a handful of neighborhoods of the Old City.

Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi "issued instructions to bring the battle to its conclusion," his office said on Wednesday.

(Reporting by Maher Chmaytelli; Editing by Angus MacSwan)

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-mideast-crisis-iraq-mosul-idUSKBN19K0YZ?il=0

• Upvote 1

"Daesh" breaks down in Mosul

News Code: 1448960 Category: International
 29/06/2017 - 15:21
Mosul

Iraqi television announced the collapse of the "state Daesh" after government forces to impose control over the historic mosque, which has already declared him the organization's leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, about the "Caliphate State".

TV news broadcast under the title of "state myth and fell."

In turn, the Iraqi Ministry of Defense confirmed that the presence of "Daesh" in Iraq ended forever, and stressed that no choice but to surrender elements of the organization, it was left to organize any area in Mosul.

This came after the announcement of the control of Iraqi anti-terrorist forces they took control of Al-Nouri mosque and humpback lighthouse in Mosul, in the context of fierce fighting in the Old City.

Previously, the media that published photographs of the ruins of the lighthouse and the mosque, which it was said that the elements of "Daesh" Fjrthma after accelerating the pace of progress in the Iraqi army, the old town. The restoration of control over the rest of this historic mosque, a symbolic victory for the Iraqi army, noting that the organization's leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi had been declared a "Caliphate State" of this particular mosque.

It announced the leadership of operations " are coming, Nineveh," on Thursday, the control of anti - terrorist forces on the saddle box in the right area of the coast of the city of Mosul, in addition to Al - Nouri mosque and the lighthouse of humpback. 

The operations commander, Lieutenant - General Abdul Amir Rashid Allah Yar, in a statement, that " the pieces are still going on progress." 

In turn, the correspondent of "RT" reported that five areas just inside the old town is still under the control of "Daesh", namely: neighborhood second - Faruq, and parts of the area of the field includes the Prophet neighborhood Jrahis and Kleiaat, and Ras Alcor, a new door, and the door of the brick.

The correspondent added that the joint Iraqi forces are now in control of 65% of the old town area.

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, jmartin1145 said:

Yes. Rock Springs and then went to Casper. Of course that's basically where we our belongings. Lived out on the rig most of the time. Worked for Poole Well Service and Rio Grande Drilling.

Guys, I was born in Rock Springs :)

• Upvote 3

Iraq declares Isis's caliphate 'has fallen' after huge symbolic victory in Mosul

Iraqi troops retake city's wrecked al-Nuri mosque on third anniversary since caliphate declared from same spot

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/isis-caliphate-destroyed-islamic-state-iraq-northern-mosul-raqqa-us-led-coalition-forces-a7814281.html

• Upvote 7

• yota691 changed the title to Five years later .. Nujaifi reveals the "real cause" of the fall of Mosul
  • yota691 featured this topic
  • yota691 pinned this topic
  • yota691 unpinned this topic