Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

After 4 years, Banished to the LOPster tank for my opinion.

RV on my mind

Hey buddy it's pretty raw in here at the moment,I can't believe how so many people are dead against anyone who voices their opinions of the downside of this adventure,I've been in this for ten years and seen many come and go but lately you was right with your comment on its feeling like a cult.....if this dinar is a neutral event councillors in the states are going to be very busy ...........anyways I'm going back to being a visitor instead of member as it's safer........see you on the finish line bud....

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I too, find it ironic they're complaining about not being able to voice their opinions, when they don't allow for any chance they, themselves, are wrong.  At least most here on DV acknowledge the possibility of a LOP or the Delete the Three Zero's could mean LOP.  The former isn't true amongst Lopsters.  They're talking FACTS.  There is absolutely no chance of an RV; Delete the Zero's means LOP only.  The latter no longer becomes an opinion but a statement of fact, as they seem them.

-

• Upvote 2

***///

We're outta +1's...  but ya got one comin'  for your last post here RVOMM...!  :tiphat:

We all do indeed have moments of brilliance punctuated by momentary lapses into darkness... (aka a bad day). :peace:

Now promise us that if you see one of 'OlSarge'sGals hoppin' off a roof, you'll be there to catch us ! :wub:

(no, our brooms don't fly that high !) :P

or use his mattress

Hey Snow.  She definitely didn't fall.  She jumped.  The title should have read "IDIOT jumps onto flat dead flimsy mattress".  Too stupid to get down the same way they got up.  Maybe something like a LATTER?  I know, I know,  it's ladder.  I was after effect.  Or maybe open that see through looking thing behind them.  I think they call that a window.  And I think "they" in this instance by definition is the whole F---ing World.

Lets have a poll.  What size should their sign be?

I think that whole group should have jumped from a lot higher up.  Like maybe the top of the Eiffel Tower. Make sure to rid the planet of the entire gene pool.

Get 'em all.  Get 'er done.

• Upvote 2

Its ok to have an opinion, just don't try to ram it down everyone's throat. 

-

Thats the definition of the LOPSTER agenda markinsa. My theory- there is massive speculation on the IQD, and government agency's are probably watching this site and other dinar sites. The powers that be want us to be kept in limbo. The IQD is obviously undervalued. The RV to me is very real. I reckon most lopsters are paid to troll the dinar sites to keep the number of speculators down.

About 4 years ago I was definitely leaning more towards a lop because of people like keepem and co. I'm glad I saw the light and came out the dark side

Sorry everyone, normally I'm a very positive person. Not trying to make excuses, but I was having a REALLY bad day personally when I posted my negitive opinion. I have evey intension on continuing to follow DV, why? Because it's the best place to get Iraqi news and Dinar information.   :wave:   

hang in there I know what the dark side is like you will get through it and in the end we will be rich
  • Upvote 2

How did this happen, I'm not the only one with an opinion, yet, here I am.  Very sad that freedom of speech is not allowed in DV.    :shrug:    Very sad indeed.   The possibily of getting no return on the investment is very possible, thats all I said. Hmmm

I'll probably be deleted for this, so good luck everyone and GO RV!!!   :peace:

I havent read anything you have posted before or any of the other comments in this thread yet so I'm not going to judge, all I'm going to say is, the MOD's are pretty fair on this site and you dont get put in the Lopster tank for no reason.

• Upvote 3

I havent read anything you have posted before or any of the other comments in this thread yet so I'm not going to judge, all I'm going to say is, the MOD's are pretty fair on this site and you dont get put in the Lopster tank for no reason.

"Pretty fair" is a good assessment however it is not at the top of the evaluation record.  I have seen a Mod or two have a bad day also and say some pretty bizarre things that would have gotten the rest of us a pretty severe warning or even removed. I have also seen some posts that I thought would have been taken down that weren't so who knows.  There are lots of things I would like to know but it's none of my business so I don't say anything.  Very difficult for me but I have to do it.  It's hard for me to stay between the lines.  Rules are made to be broken.  Now I have to learn the other side.  Oh well. I like Adam and DV.  I'll learn to play nice.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

"Pretty fair" is a good assessment however it is not at the top of the evaluation record.  I have seen a Mod or two have a bad day also and say some pretty bizarre things that would have gotten the rest of us a pretty severe warning or even removed. I have also seen some posts that I thought would have been taken down that weren't so who knows.  There are lots of things I would like to know but it's none of my business so I don't say anything.  Very difficult for me but I have to do it.  It's hard for me to stay between the lines.  Rules are made to be broken.  Now I have to learn the other side.  Oh well. I like Adam and DV.  I'll learn to play nice.

Hey DWitte, just a FYI: if you think a mod/admin is treating you unfair or stepping over the line, you as a VIP/Platinum member are more than welcome to address the issue with Adam through a PM..... :twocents:

I'll learn to play nice.

Great quote!!!  LOL

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Sorry that you are stuck here.

I would like more company , But have read your earlier posts and you are really a RVer with reservations.

That happens!

You really dont know how you will profit from your dinar purchase.

So any piece of Guru poo sends RV RV RV !

Understand

Iraq is living paycheck to paycheck ,.. They dont have any value to give away.

Might recover in 4-5 years at best and you may get your money back!

• Upvote 1

I have watched for several years here unbridled enthusiasm over a huge RV at any moment result in the same outcome as the opinions of the most downer lopster. No RV. Interpretation after interpretation of badly translated news articles, benchmark after benchmark that "must" trigger an Rv, and even prayer and supplication have flowed under the bridge by the most ardent supporters of the RV...and it still has not RV'ed.

I understand the social club aspect of a shared dream. But to create a place to banish those with other opinions to help keep the dream alive is more cult like than social club.

It's like I walked into your tavern and told you your roof was on fire.

"Dude, your roof is on fire!"

"Oh, man, you are just trying to bring everybody down. Sit down and have a shot of Jack Daniels. In a little while, you will feel much better."

What if you did not know whether the roof was on fire or not?  Would you still run into the building crying "fire!"  Of course not, you can get arrested for that.  

You might go up and tell the tavern owner that because his roof is wood shingle, "there is a high probability that it might catch fire" is far different that crying out "It is burning right now!  Get out!"  

• Upvote 3

Nelg, the fact is that a sudden, massive, overnight RV like everyone is anticipating has never happened.

The fact is that to believe that Iraq can produce such a sudden, massive, overnight RV requires you to believe that all financial information being publicly released by the GOI/CBI is bogus...which is what most Go Rv'ers claim. And requires that you make tortured interpretations of poorly translated documents written in a language you have no hope of understanding produced by people whose culture you do not understand.

The fact is that there have come and gone hundreds of benchmarks that people here argued with great sincerely would be the benchmark that released the massive, overnight RV.

The fact is that Iraq has never claimed it had any intent or ability to do a massive, overnight RV. In fact, they seem to be struggling financially, having to borrow money that still doesn't meet their basic needs.

I know it is popular to use "no one knows what Iraq will do" as a way to keep the sudden, massive, overnight RV dream alive. But, honestly, there is simply no reason to believe that Iraq can pull off a singular event in history, a sudden, massive RV without desending deeply into conspiracy theory and baseless speculation.

I believe Iraq has a future, and that they will grow economically as stability increases and they diversify their economic base. But that is years away. They can't say one day, "we are now starting a market economy" and the next day have folks parking their camels at one of hundreds of Wal-Mart big box stores around Iraq. The economic, security and physical infrastructure simply isn't there to support it.

A lot of people, it seems, are engaged in magical thinking.

Edited by RVPleaseToday
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

That is one side of the issue, but there are other ways of interpreting or analysis the information coming from Iraqi.  Certainly there are things that can be looked at as "facts," but some of those "facts" are based on things that have never happened.  "First events" are not accepted as possible.  My dad use to laugh an tell me that no one would ever go into space, or travel to the moon; that was before those things happened.  He said that "if man was to supposed to be on the moon, God would have put him there!"  It took a while, but it happened. Just because something has never happened or seems impossible does not negate the possibility that could.  

Every one here has a dream not "magical thinking."  Hope that is seen is not hope but a reality.  I'm one of those who have a hope that this speculation may happen.  I don't base my life on it, but I am preparing for it.  Talk that kills individuals hopes make one unpopular.  If nothing happens and we simply change back dollar for dollar what we put in, then the only thing lost is time.  Personally, I have not put in a vast amount of money.  It hasn't hurt my lifestyle one bit; so I'm not concerned about it.

I don't try to convince individuals whether to invest (?) or not to invest.  It doesn't matter.  It's their money not mine.  And I was taught many years ago that the way to get into a lot of trouble was to try and tell another person how to spend his money.  I might give suggestions, but a continual insistence that they must take the road I have taken is not a way to influence people.  

I appreciate your opinion, but it is not mine.  Thanks.

• Upvote 5

Why is it so hard for some to comprehend & accept that others................just might not think the same as them. No one I know here at DV try's to push there beliefs onto others, other than SOME LOPsters. I heard the term "cult" used in describing those that believe in a possible RV.................if this is true one could argue that LOPsters are even more feverish in terms of a "cult".

In regards to "never happened before" mentality..........................uh HISTORY is filled with FIRST TIMES. 

To each their own, and a bright future for all regardless of Dinar beliefs-peace

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2