Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

IBN article ends Dinar scam debate once and for all.

from Iraq Business News...

End of the road for Iraq Dinar scam.

For several years, con artists have been peddling the myth of a massive revaluation of the Iraqi dinar, but that may be about to change.

Using a range of convoluted arguments, these people push the idea that the dinar will increase to 1,000 times, or even 3,000 times, its current value; they or their associates then profit by selling the currency at a fat profit to people who desparately want to believe that they have found a pot of gold.

In a particularly cruel twist, they often target people who are in financial difficulty, and string them along with the fear that they wouldn’t want to miss out on this once-in-a-history-of-the-world opportunity.

Self-reinforcing online communities have been created, where the unwitting victims can feel that they are finally part of an elite group destined to prosper, just as long as they continue to keep the faith.

Emotional commitment, and a quasi-religious zeal, all play a role: An April Fool article spelling out the utter absurdity of this get-rich-quick scheme was met with widespread anger and hostility in dinar chatrooms.

Anecdotal evidence, however, suggests that even the most diehard “dinarians” are finally starting to accept reality, and that by the end of 2015 this scam may have been consigned to history. Sadly, this will be too late for the many who have been cheated of their savings, their time, and their hope.

read the entire article at IBN website. Go to home page then scroll down and click on article.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 9

Luigi1:

Stop messing with my self reinforcing online community.

If nothing happens by the end of 2015, or whenever even I bailout, I will recoup all my money because it already went up in value since I bought it in 2006. However, since I bought it in 2006, should it increase in value to fity cent, $1.00, or above $1.00 say by 2/28/15 or sooner I will be rich, just not overnight ... Since I did buy my IQD in 2006. Back then I knew that it could take 15 years, so for me anytime before 2021 is a plus. I will be frustrated if I need to wait till then, ricer than I am right now, but frustrated none the less.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Not to say this will not RV, but this artcile do have a point - every year the same old stuff regarding Iraq for possible RV and nothing happens - Don't get me wrong but I am in this for the duration but each time a year pass bye and and their NO RV it does leads to some concerns if this thing will ever RV because of excuses and more delays.  I just hate when people play with other people emotions claiming DATES/RATES of an RV just to get people to buy more Dinars to make a profit.  I wish there was a way to BLOCK all that mess - Just my :twocents:

• Upvote 3

All lame useless excuses as to why this hasn't happened if it is going to happen. WW2 was started and ended and both German and Japanese money had been reinstated in less time and they could have used every excuse possible to have not let that happen. This crap today is looking more and more like the biggest government scam in US history for allowing this to perpetuate.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I can't wait to see what they say when the RV happens! I bet loads of the supposed dinar saviour sites disappear when the revalue happens

DB....I guess we'll  have to wait for it to RV first and then we'll be able to see what they say.....One thing at a time.....Hopefully....

...but frustrated none the less.

End Quote

Welcome to the club

Not to say this will not RV, but this artcile do have a point - every year the same old stuff regarding Iraq for possible RV and nothing happens - Don't get me wrong but I am in this for the duration but each time a year pass bye and and their NO RV it does leads to some concerns if this thing will ever RV because of excuses and more delays.  I just hate when people play with other people emotions claiming DATES/RATES of an RV just to get people to buy more Dinars to make a profit.  I wish there was a way to BLOCK all that mess - Just my :twocents:

Agreed. It's only human  and normal to feel that way at this time.

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1

Shabs....Canadian money when I was younger were made with some steel and most vending machines in the USA had magnetism in the coin slots to prevent people using slugs to get free soda's. Since Canadian money had some steel in them they would stick in the coin slots and plug up the machines. Remember that was back in the late 50's early 60's. I don't know if this still applies today but it was back then.

This article is true in many ways, and I have seen people that is afraid to state anything negative. But I do not think it is a scam, just a very high risk investment that is NOT a sure thing. some say they must RV and we will see a nice return, but in reality, they do not have to RV and if they did they couldn't finance the liquidation for the dinar at even $1. I bought mine 11 years ago at around 1170 per dollar. That is where it has stayed, so I don't know how people can say they invested in 2006 and made money.

Logic and history shows a path to a new rate, but it is not guaranteed.

• Upvote 2

Oh Please - As If U Hadn't Already Lined The Bottom Of Ur Birdcage With It ! :o

:D :D :D

Ok, I admit it.

I used some for the birdcage,

but I poured a clear resin over

it, so the poop wipes right off,

and I have a colorful cage bottom...

• Upvote 1