Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Exchange rate of the dinar against the dollar 1.16

I think they are very aware of timing. They are in a much better place than they were in 2004, 2008, or even the first half of 2013. They either have a very solid plan with specific benchmarks and monetary indicators of else they are a rudderless ship drifting into an eventual civil war with no RV ever on the horizons...I prefer and hope for the former.

Why do you people say that iraq is going to LOP and invest in it? Makes no sense !! So you invested in the dinar but your say your not going to make any money? Lol I find it very funny ..

We all want the same thing here but it's important to learn as much as we can. Its to easy to only look at what we want to see. I jumped in as many did years ago with the thought that we were going to get rich overnight.  Then I studied and searched for  as much data as I could. I learned to listen to what the Ministries and the CBI  are telling us not just economists opinions.

I still TOTALLY believe that we will see value added to our IQD.   But if in fact we we see a LOP  it will still be found money for me if forced to cash in. 

I still dont think of this as an investment but more like a game in Vegas.

I've already inserted the coins and pulled the handle of this slot machine  The wheel on this slot just won't stop spinning.

I wish us all the best of luck.

• Upvote 4

But how can a country preannounce a new rate on their currency. This is suicide. They would either create a run or a massive sell off. they just cant announce it until the exact moment it pops what ever way it goes. this is all heresy and hopeful predictions. They WILL NOT give the rate before they make any change.

Lopping isnt a real term?  Guess everyone just made it up but its used quite frequently.....

Lopping isnt a real term?  Guess everyone just made it up but its used quite frequently.....

http://www.unc.edu/~lmosley/APSA%202005.pdf

People should read this.....might give a little insight on dropping zeros and redenominating....its not really shooting yourself in the foot.....its looked at as a sign of stability in a lot of cases
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

Brother, ya know full well that Iraq is not getting by on only 30 some billion dinar. More like dinar and 

what seems to be a limitless amount of dollars. I can't remember how many times I've read how that

the Iraqis use only dollars. Even yesterday someone posted a pic of a vegi isle in a super market and 

the prices were in dollars. The CBI sells dollars to buy dinar, dollars dollars dollars. Now the GOI and the 

CBI say they want to return to the GLORY DAYS of dinar before Saddam. And I believe them. I have learned 

a thing or two about all this over the yrs and I will bet the farm that you will NEVER SEE Iraq L O P.

Forgetting all the usual arguments, Iraq isn't Turkey bla bla bla, Iraq, and EVERY OTHER COUNTRY uses 

a fiat currency. To use the laymen's terms, a currency that is backed solely by the good faith of the people.

For example our own government has recently been printing 80 billion dollars a month for nearly a yr. But

the U.S. Treasury has kept those dollars locked up in there vaults. Now were talking about some 3 trillion $.

If the U.S.  Treasury were to suddenly dump those dollars on the street the effect would be devastating.

The public FAITH in the dollar would drop so fast it would seem overnight. It wouldn't matter what the

Federal Reserve said the dollar was worth the prices of goods on the street would shoot through the

roof. The dollar would be dropped by every country in the world. IT WOULD BECOME WORTHLESS. 

The real question here is, Why print that many dollars then? But that's whole other subject. What I have 

just done is show what would happen if the populous looses FAITH in the dollar. Now consider this scenario,

The CBI does l o p the dinar as you suspect. What do you think the average Iraqi would think about that? Even 

if it were a neutral event, no harm no foul, for the person in the street; I would submit to you that the FAITH 

in the dinar would plummet. The average person would think themselves to have been screwed by their

own government and the CBI so much so that no one would use the dinar ever. They have, after all, so many

dollars. And that currency is STRONNNNNGGG.  :lol:  At least everyone thinks it is. 

Now you may say, they wouldn't know the difference and therefore wouldn't care, but I disagree. They have 

been awaiting this event more than you or I, and they know what Turkey did. They know that Turkey still hasn't

fully recovered from their l o p. And they understand, just as much as you or I, what is going on with the dinar.

A L O P would destroy any and all FAITH  in the dinar. I would even submit to you that every country who has

done a L O P has experienced this, loss of faith, I am referring to. Also NO country that has L O Ped has 

ever amounted to a hill of beans in the world economy. NOT ONE. Iraq wants to become a world leader

and to do that they need a POWERFUL CURRENCY, and that requires the good FAITH of not only the Iraqi 

people but the world as well.    

I understand they are also operating on USD.....mostly because of the low faith they have in their own currency.....if the dinar was closer to the value of the dollar that could change....but they do of course have two ways of accomplishing that....we only want them to chose one of those routes....

Have you looked at the economies of other nations that have lopped/redenominated?  They are doing better then Iraq thats for sure.....lol

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/15/11-richest-countries_n_717558.html#s140020&title=1_USA

France, China, and Germany all redenominated.....they are considered some of the wealthiest nations....take a look at some of the GDPs across the globe for countries that removed zeros/redenominated.....there are of course many other factors to look at to determine a countries wealth and im sure you can find other reports online, this was just one of the first that popped up

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Brother, ya know full well that Iraq is not getting by on only 30 some billion dinar. More like dinar and 

what seems to be a limitless amount of dollars. I can't remember how many times I've read how that

the Iraqis use only dollars. Even yesterday someone posted a pic of a vegi isle in a super market and 

the prices were in dollars. The CBI sells dollars to buy dinar, dollars dollars dollars. Now the GOI and the 

CBI say they want to return to the GLORY DAYS of dinar before Saddam. And I believe them. I have learned 

a thing or two about all this over the yrs and I will bet the farm that you will NEVER SEE Iraq L O P.

Forgetting all the usual arguments, Iraq isn't Turkey bla bla bla, Iraq, and EVERY OTHER COUNTRY uses 

a fiat currency. To use the laymen's terms, a currency that is backed solely by the good faith of the people.

For example our own government has recently been printing 80 billion dollars a month for nearly a yr. But

the U.S. Treasury has kept those dollars locked up in there vaults. Now were talking about some 3 trillion $.

If the U.S.  Treasury were to suddenly dump those dollars on the street the effect would be devastating.

The public FAITH in the dollar would drop so fast it would seem overnight. It wouldn't matter what the

Federal Reserve said the dollar was worth the prices of goods on the street would shoot through the

roof. The dollar would be dropped by every country in the world. IT WOULD BECOME WORTHLESS. 

The real question here is, Why print that many dollars then? But that's whole other subject. What I have 

just done is show what would happen if the populous looses FAITH in the dollar. Now consider this scenario,

The CBI does l o p the dinar as you suspect. What do you think the average Iraqi would think about that? Even 

if it were a neutral event, no harm no foul, for the person in the street; I would submit to you that the FAITH 

in the dinar would plummet. The average person would think themselves to have been screwed by their

own government and the CBI so much so that no one would use the dinar ever. They have, after all, so many

dollars. And that currency is STRONNNNNGGG.  :lol:  At least everyone thinks it is. 

Now you may say, they wouldn't know the difference and therefore wouldn't care, but I disagree. They have 

been awaiting this event more than you or I, and they know what Turkey did. They know that Turkey still hasn't

fully recovered from their l o p. And they understand, just as much as you or I, what is going on with the dinar.

A L O P would destroy any and all FAITH  in the dinar. I would even submit to you that every country who has

done a L O P has experienced this, loss of faith, I am referring to. Also NO country that has L O Ped has 

ever amounted to a hill of beans in the world economy. NOT ONE. Iraq wants to become a world leader

and to do that they need a POWERFUL CURRENCY, and that requires the good FAITH of not only the Iraqi 

people but the world as well.    

Great post LGD! I do have an honest question though. To prevent a devastating effective on the economy from loss of faith in the dinar, couldn't the GOI impose laws or penalties to prevent the public from using the $?

I understand they are also operating on USD.....mostly because of the low faith they have in their own currency.....if the dinar was closer to the value of the dollar that could change....but they do of course have two ways of accomplishing that....we only want them to chose one of those routes....

Have you looked at the economies of other nations that have lopped/redenominated?  They are doing better then Iraq thats for sure.....lol

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/09/15/11-richest-countries_n_717558.html#s140020&title=1_USA

France, China, and Germany all redenominated.....they are considered some of the wealthiest nations....take a look at some of the GDPs across the globe for countries that removed zeros/redenominated.....there are of course many other factors to look at to determine a countries wealth and im sure you can find other reports online, this was just one of the first that popped up

Those are some very good examples of what I was saying. Yes they do have strong economies now. But how long 

did it take to get there? And don't forget that Germany doesn't even use the Mark anymore. All I'm saying is that 

the good faith of the dinar would plummet in the event of an RD. Sure eventually they would recover and someday 

bring Iraq into the world economy, but that wouldn't happen for a long time. Also can you tell me if any other 

Arab country has ever rd?

Great post LGD! I do have an honest question though. To prevent a devastating effective on the economy from loss of faith in the dinar, couldn't the GOI impose laws or penalties to prevent the public from using the $?

Of course they could, and they could also suffer the wrath of the Iraqi people. I don't think they 

would want to face that kind of retaliation. 

you nailed it again LGD. Thanks , your posts make the most sense .

I thank you so much. Your too kind. :tiphat: 

• Upvote 1

Show the official definition not an article that someone said ... There is none

Does it really matter? LOL.....

Its used to describe redenominations by removing zeros.....either way, thats what the CBI has been trying to push.....

If you use it in a sentence, people know what your talking about....doesnt negate anything....or that it cant happen lol

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Does it really matter? LOL.....

Its used to describe redenominations by removing zeros.....either way, thats what the CBI has been trying to push.....

If you use it in a sentence, people know what your talking about....doesnt negate anything....or that it cant happen lol

I don't think this is coincidence that 1.16 happens to be the .00086 with the zeroes removed or deleted. I've trying to convey this for the last week that their intention from the beginning was to remove zeroes from the nominal value. There have been plenty of instances where Parliamentary officials and other representatives have mentioned "decimal" places and as I have said before, it only makes sense in light of the nominal value.

Also, this rate happens to be the same number stated in the SIGIR April 2012 submission to Congress that I posted the other day. 

Let's just get 'er done folks! :twothumbs:  :backflip:  :praying:

• Upvote 1

Yes it does matter , it's not a real term .. The CBI if they choose to do so will delete the zeros and increase the value of the Dinar !! Your so called lop which make no sense to get rid of the zeros and keep the value the same , then just keep it the way it is lol , why would you spend more money then what your current currency is worth ?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I sure like the way you're thinking Hairball51. Also a rate of 1 to 1 is mentioned in "The Future Project of Iraq" by the state dept. and a rate of 1 to $1.13 in the MOP feasibility report . Actually I could go on an on all night at how many times they have hinted at a strong rate. I don't know what will really happen but it is encouraging to see things going our way so far .

• Upvote 2

But some of those countries had to RD more than once until they were stable.  An RD is not always the answer.   

Yes they could, Shabs said there would be a penalty on the dollar if they used it.  Maybe a tax or something I don't know.

• Upvote 1