Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Exchange rate of the dinar against the dollar 1.16

PD46

I think the circulation numbers have to be false - why all this time and no LOP? Why all the talk of developing economy, banking etc. if just to LOP? Why all arguing about what to do with the currency? There isn't much debate involved in an RD - just redenominate, educate the public, print new currency with 3 fewer zeros and get it over with.  

And why print an entirely new currency in 2004 and then CONTINUE past hyperinflation. I know it is said the exchange was one to one Saddam to Bremers - but it doesn't make sense.

I agree with you - it has been smoke and mirrors

Hey supergirl.  This is exactly what Phoenix has been talking about on his radio show.  Phoenix has a lot of information and has studied a lot about the dinar.  I've learned that when he keeps to facts based on documents / news articles; he then has a good track record of being right. 

I do listen to him.  He has jeopardized his credibility by sticking his reputation to claims of an imminent RV.  I have watched him back peddle a lot since last October of 2012 to this point in 2013.  Remember him saying he didn't see this going past the end of the first quarter of 2013; then he said May and June were looking good; and then not past the 3 days after the removal of Chap. 7 sanctions.  Now he's saying not passed the end of July.  Excuses for no US media blitz about Iraq (which are true) and Phoenix calling for RVs on Sundays and Mondays now?  Sadly, Phoenix has been a guru. 

His written info is true, though it does need to be checked.  I believe he would agree.  He needs to have his wife post the link to the ministry of planning's website where the all contract rates are to be written at $1.13; and the true exchange rate of the IQD is $3.21 to 1 dinar. 

I saw the other threads here talking about Abby on Going Global East Meets West.  Abby speaks fluent Iraqi Arabic, and she is a Muslim who appears to be invested in the dinar also.  So she would be a reliable source. 

Then where are the factual documents/news articles about the money supply going to zero? Or that they dont have that much currency in circulation?

If he is sticking to the facts, then the CBI is planning on lopping because they have an inflated money supply.......where is the information that suggests otherwise?

PD46

I think the circulation numbers have to be false - why all this time and no LOP? Why all the talk of developing economy, banking etc. if just to LOP? Why all arguing about what to do with the currency? There isn't much debate involved in an RD - just redenominate, educate the public, print new currency with 3 fewer zeros and get it over with.  

And why print an entirely new currency in 2004 and then CONTINUE past hyperinflation. I know it is said the exchange was one to one Saddam to Bremers - but it doesn't make sense.

I agree with you - it has been smoke and mirrors

Do you think it would take a lot of time to set up and support a RV??  Why all this time and no RV?

The RV hasn't happened yet because they have to finish passing certin laws that will effect day to day business , banking and investing !! Also they just got out of chapter 7 , which is huge . The HCL isn't passed yet. They will be getting the DFI fund. They also didn't seat a full government !!

The Federation Council is what they are waiting for. They vote on this on Tuesday. State Law (Maliki and his goons) do NOT want this last piece of the GOI formed.... Because they know it will mean that Malikis power will finally be limited.

Also... The Federation Council, once formed officially, will be the arm of the GOI that will put the finishing touches on what we have been waiting for such as the HCL.

The RV hasn't happened yet because they have to finish passing certin laws that will effect day to day business , banking and investing !! Also they just got out of chapter 7 , which is huge . The HCL isn't passed yet. They will be getting the DFI fund. They also didn't seat a full government !!

The Federation Council is what they are waiting for. They vote on this on Tuesday. State Law (Maliki and his goons) do NOT want this last piece of the GOI formed.... Because they know it will mean that Malikis power will finally be limited.

Also... The Federation Council, once formed officially, will be the arm of the GOI that will put the finishing touches on what we have been waiting for such as the HCL.

I agree with you guys! This has been my thinking for the last week. I'm hoping we will see some good results after their meeting on Tuesday.  :praying:

Tuesday will be the second reading of the Federal Council law in Parliament. But just as important is the Federal Court law that they postponed during the last session. I think it is the one two punch of an independent Federal Court

and the Federation Council.. that will set the ship right once and for all. The best scenario is the new Federal Court is implemented and

then they are the ones who swear in the new Federation Council.

That would do it.. that IS the Power Sharing.

• Upvote 1

You know the DFI funds are not property of the CBI......just like the reserves are not property of the govt.....The DFI was set up for the oil revenues to flow through to pay back Kuwait and to fund the reconstruction of the country. The CBI might be getting hold of it since they are turning it over, but its not like its gonna be added to the reserves....

And when they pass all those laws and it the RV still hasnt happened, then what?  You could make the argument they havent redenominated for the same reasons they havent RVd because in either scenario the end result is a higher valued dinar.....either way wouldnt you wanna make sure your value is not gonna slip back under??

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

You know the DFI funds are not property of the CBI......just like the reserves are not property of the govt.....The DFI was set up for the oil revenues to flow through to pay back Kuwait and to fund the reconstruction of the country. The CBI might be getting hold of it since they are turning it over, but its not like its gonna be added to the reserves....

And when they pass all those laws and it the RV still hasnt happened, then what? You could make the argument they havent redenominated for the same reasons they havent RVd because in either scenario the end result is a higher valued dinar.....either way wouldnt you wanna make sure your value is not gonna slip back under??

Why are you even in this investment ? , we will see !! If they don't do what I think they will i will leave the board ! You asked why they haven't RV and I gave you the reasons why they haven't IMO !!

• Upvote 2

Why are you even in this investment ? , we will see !! If they don't do what I think they will i will leave the board ! You asked why they haven't RV and I gave you the reasons why they haven't IMO !!

Cause I wanna make money.....Im not trying to tell you that you are all wrong and this cant or wont happen.....

Im just trying to get you to think outside the normal train of thought that is hammered on these forums......everything isnt tied to a revaluation....and there are many ways things can be accomplished without making us a dime.....You dont have to get bent out of shape, just trying to open your mind to all sides.....

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

Cause I wanna make money.....Im not trying to tell you that you are all wrong and this cant or wont happen.....

Im just trying to get you to think outside the normal train of thought that is hammered on these forums......everything isnt tied to a revaluation....and there are many ways things can be accomplished without making us a dime.....You dont have to get bent out of shape, just trying to open your mind to all sides.....

I evened you out keep.  We need to look at everything from all sides.  I may not always agree with you, but you do keep us grounded. 

• Upvote 1

Tuesday will be the second reading of the Federal Council law in Parliament. But just as important is the Federal Court law that they postponed during the last session. I think it is the one two punch of an independent Federal Court

and the Federation Council.. that will set the ship right once and for all. The best scenario is the new Federal Court is implemented and

then they are the ones who swear in the new Federation Council.

That would do it.. that IS the Power Sharing.

I hope so!

And when they pass all those laws and it the RV still hasnt happened, then what?  You could make the argument they havent redenominated for the same reasons they havent RVd because in either scenario the end result is a higher valued dinar.....either way wouldnt you wanna make sure your value is not gonna slip back under??

what are you talking about ..the cbi is only managing the reserves  for the iraqi govt .. the reserves are owned by the govt of iraq . all the cbi does is issue the currency and set and manage monetary policy they dont own the currency .. the dfi fund is the govts money and so is the 80 billlion international reserves . 

• Upvote 1

Well keep, did you ever think that maybe everyone knows the other "sides" and prefer to keep a positive look on things...it just makes you feel better inside......just saying!

Yes it is evident with some.....but obviously not the case with all by the statements they make! I am a real big person of positivity in lifr brlieve it or.not.....it actually annoys my girl at times....but with this speculation mybmind is so open that when i speak, people automatically think im being negative, and i just see it as being realistic....

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5