Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

BUDGET DEAL REACHED? | After reaching "compromise solutions " Parliament will vote on budget tomorrow.

blueskies

There is a reference at NINA today to an article stating that a budget compromise has been reached and Parliament is prepared to vote on the budget on Monday. I know, I know-- we'll believe it when we see it but I wanted to pass the info along.

Here is the title of the article (dated today):

After reaching "compromise solutions " Parliament will vote on budget tomorrow.

I don't have a subscription to NINA so couldn't pull up the actual article itself. If someone else can do that and paste it in the thread that would be great :)

Edited by Markinsa
Added Tag as a Prefix : Changed Title to Match Article to prevent duplicate posting.
  • Upvote 10

Here is the link to the article http://www.ninanews.com/english/News_Details.asp?ar95_VQ=GGGHDK

24/02/2013 15:12:00

BAGHDAD / NINA / The MP, of the Iraqiya coalition, the rapporteur of the parliamentary financial committee, Ahmed al-Mesari said "The vote on the budget law for 2013 will be on Monday's session after reaching to compromise solutions on the budget."

He told the National Iraqi News Agency / NINA / today 24, Feb "The compromise solutions were reached between the political forces to vote on the budget bill for 2013 in the parliament's session tomorrow."

He added: "The Iraqiya coalition has got its demands through transferring trillion and 300 million Iraqi dinars to the development of the regions and the provinces, and the demands of the Kurdistan Alliance also have been reached to compromise solutions for them."

It is scheduled that the House of Representatives will vote on a set of draft laws, including the state budget for the current year.

:rocking-chair:

• Upvote 14

dd459a0a690f18a28f1d49681750754a_S.jpg

BAGHDAD / Baghdadiya News / .. revealed a member of the parliamentary Finance Committee Magda Tamimi, Sunday, holding the Presidency of the Council of Representatives meeting of the Finance Committee in the presence of heads of political blocs, during which they reached a consensus pass the budget during the session tomorrow.

Tamimi said in a statement to / Baghdadi Enoz / "The Presidency of the Council of Representatives held a meeting with the Finance Committee in the presence of heads of political blocs to discuss the points of disagreement on the budget and the demands of political blocs."

"The meeting went Bhetwavqat would pass the budget during the session tomorrow," pointing out that "all the demands of political blocs search was discussed with the heads of those blocks during the meeting." Finished / 21 El

• Upvote 6

allinxpress, If anyone has a right to be negative and frustrated, that would be the people of Iraq.  All the bickering between themselves just doesn't put the people first.  Your correct in saying some good changes have taken place.  It all boils down to the people of Iraq. And waiting for the RV to take place. 

Negative on the site, whether we like it or not, well that's a given.  Just as you voiced your opinion why not let everyone else have their share in voicing theirs, in the form they seem appropriate.  As long as we don't lose the disrespect toward one another.  As for me I am in for the long haul and if that means to put up with the negative and frustration and name calling, then so be it.  One or two things, put the big boy pants on and go with the flow, or move on.  

Wrong suggestion in telling members to sell.  JMO  ;)

• Upvote 3

I've seen this too many times now ..... it's not done till it's done.

they'll probably change there minds tonight .... back to square one tomorrow.

I agree lets not put the cart before the horse. They said the same thing weeks ago & here we sit still waiting.

I also heard the Kurds passed their budget & could only do so if they know what they where getting out of the fed budget & that should mean that will pass the budget if they can get a quorm to show up to vote. Well if others are not happy about the Kurds getting the 17% they won't vote so it is not all about the Kurds.

• Upvote 1

There will be a meltdown over at SteveLie's dinar kool-aid site when this budget is passed....and no RV. I've got popcorn and beer waiting. This is gonna be fun.

Get Ur Facts Straight ! :blink:

SteveI Said Yesterday That The Budget Would Be Delayed For A Couple Of Weeks ! :o

He Then Told His Members + Mods To Stay Off The Site And Go Do Other Things .......

:D:D:D

• Upvote 8

I was just wondering why they were waiting for Monday, as today is their Monday. Thanks Yota for the follow-up.  I pray it comes to pass. This has been a hard week, for the Iraqi people, and for me and mine. Needless to say, I, like so many others, really could use the RV..so hope this week holds lots of great news.

Just the fact that they, the iraqi media is reporting that they may have comprimise, agreements for that matter sitting and staying and not walking out of parliment is very exciting to me.

So, be negative about our hopes for that matter WHY in the world you would even mention STEVE in these posts to me is stupid.

Be thankful we are (might) be coming to an end..

Staying hopeful AMEN..

Only time will tell.

• Upvote 2

Patty Angel...i don't think that allinxpress meant to say anything to hurt someone's feelings, I think that so many times good people bringing good info left this forum because they were bashed....Bondlady.....Scooter..... I think we are all here for the same reason and a positive attitude wouldn't cause any harm IMHO

• Upvote 3

There is a reference at NINA today to an article stating that a budget compromise has been reached and Parliament is prepared to vote on the budget on Monday. I know, I know-- we'll believe it when we see it but I wanted to pass the info along.

Here is the title of the article (dated today):

I don't have a subscription to NINA so couldn't pull up the actual article itself. If someone else can do that and paste it in the thread that would be great :)

I hope it is going to get to the vote.

But up till now it is like Christmas, it is always comming.

Lets hope this time it will be done.

Go RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

I was just wondering why they were waiting for Monday, as today is their Monday. Thanks Yota for the follow-up.  I pray it comes to pass. This has been a hard week, for the Iraqi people, and for me and mine. Needless to say, I, like so many others, really could use the RV..so hope this week holds lots of great news.

Mammaw, Iraq is about 9 hours of ahead of us.

The current time and date right now in Iraq is

9:35 PM
Sunday, February 24, 2013