Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Live on GBTV

BrokeNoMore

OH!!!!!

I'm so disappointed. They talked about countries with emerging economic markets, and how purchasing a worthless currency and cashing it in when their market recovers is a great way to make a "fortune".

Iraq was not mentioned. Neither were any other middle east countries.

I think he was shut up. Somebody did think his talking about it was a problem, and would affect the outcome that very well may set the world economy back on track.

Links won't be available until the live broadcast is over.

• Upvote 4

Yes, listened to it too. It was like Beck was setting up his guest to talk about the dinar but it was never mentioned......Rodgers talked about the Myanmar currency being a good investment? Beck's lead in question sounded like he was talking about the dinar, did it not?

• Upvote 1

Why be disappointed ? He basically said what we hoped in a way. He said that buying currency and then cashing it in when that countries economy recovers can make people a fortune. This should at least give us hope that it is possible with our investment. So he didn't mention middle eastern countries but if this guy is as well connected as I have read on here then MAYBE some body stopped him actually naming iraq. Remember the theory that joe public was not meant to be privy to this investment in the first place ? Just a thought

• Upvote 15

Beck is one of the few talk personalities who, in my opinion, has been willing to lay out seemingly impossible, outrageous, and outlandish predictions in the economic and political realm. As uncomforatable as most of his predictions make me, his record for being right on target is astounding. I am getting close to that 60 year old mark, and am seeing things I never dreamed possible. If Beck is seeing possibilities in currency investing, I would take that to the bank. Oh, I guess most of us here already have! Its all good, folks! Just a matter of time.

• Upvote 3

Why be disappointed ? He basically said what we hoped in a way. He said that buying currency and then cashing it in when that countries economy recovers can make people a fortune. This should at least give us hope that it is possible with our investment. So he didn't mention middle eastern countries but if this guy is as well connected as I have read on here then MAYBE some body stopped him actually naming iraq. Remember the theory that joe public was not meant to be privy to this investment in the first place ? Just a thought

I wasn't disappointed they didn't talk about Iraq, but I was hoping they would get into it a little further and linger a little longer, and talk about the middle east some. I think that little slip we got last week is all he's going to say about Iraq. And maybe he has more influence that I thought and it's a good thing.

I've never heard of Myanmar. :D

You're absolutely right, Betty. The Rothschild family have been buying low and cashing in high from the time of the Napoleonic Wars. The general public has not been privy to this type of strategy simply because it has always been restricted to only high-stakes players.

I, for one, am glad that Beck did not identify Iraq or its currency, but really - Myanmar, the former Burma? Was that on anyone's radar?

Im glad it wasn't mentioned as well. Phew! :P

• Upvote 1

I wasn't disappointed they didn't talk about Iraq, but I was hoping they would get into it a little further and linger a little longer, and talk about the middle east some. I think that little slip we got last week is all he's going to say about Iraq. And maybe he has more influence that I thought and it's a good thing.

I've never heard of Myanmar. :D

Burma to us bloody Yanks.

• Upvote 1

Im glad it wasn't mentioned as well. Phew! :P

Me too! But, it's early in the week... could be a multi-segment discussion. Yesterday they were saying he was going to report more later in the week... so, we'll see...

• Upvote 1

Wow. Beck drops a bomb on his show like that, and it's not attainable? That is hysterical!

Beck didn't drop it, his guest did. I'm embarrassed to say that I don't know who this "Jim xxx" guy is, never heard of him, and he's apparently a very wealthy investor who moved to Singapore to preserve his wealth.

In my opinion Glen said all he needs to. That was just enough if you think a minuite about it. B)

I agree.

• Upvote 1

Wow. Beck drops a bomb on his show like that, and it's not attainable? That is hysterical!

Could it be he's laying the groundwork for the Kyat in the very near future? Maybe that's the "intel" he was really investigating... line up, folks... I see Kyat Kiosks being built!!!! :o

• Upvote 1

Glenn Beck said that the Myanmar currency could only be bought by traveling there. At least that's what I remember him saying. If it's on Ebay, no wonder it's way overpriced. Apparently very difficult to get. If anyone finds a good outlet, please let us know.

• Upvote 1

Myanmar weighs change in exchange rate

The government of Myanmar is planning to change the country's official exchange rate for the first time in almost four decades.

The country's currency, the kyat, is soaring in value against the US dollar, threatening exports.

Economists believe that huge inflows of foreign cash for infrastructure projects, high oil and gas prices, and a mass sell-off of government assets are combining to drive the kyat up.

Farmers, who constitute almost 70 per cent of the country's economy, are being hit very hard.

Al Jazeera's special correspondent reports from Yangon. Because of Myanmar's restrictions on media, we are not naming her.

• Upvote 2