Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Napolitano Wants Fence On the Border...Of Canada!

krome2ez

September 29, 2011

Napolitano Wants Fence On the Border...Of Canada!

Fire it up

Share AP

The United States is looking at building fences along the border with Canada to help keep out terrorists and other criminals, according to a draft report by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection agency

The report proposes the use of "fencing and other barriers" on the 49th parallel to manage "trouble spots where passage of cross-border violators is difficult to control."

U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano noted last month the challenges of monitoring the vast, sparsely populated northern border region. She stressed manpower, but also a greater reliance on technology.

Read more at cbc News

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/janet-napolitano/2011/09/29/napolitano-wants-fence-borderof-canada?cmpid=NL_FiredUpFoxNation_20110930#ixzz1ZSwaK3ZA'>http://nation.foxnews.com/janet-napolitano/2011/09/29/napolitano-wants-fence-borderof-canada?cmpid=NL_FiredUpFoxNation_20110930#ixzz1ZSwaK3ZA

http://nation.foxnews.com/janet-napolitano/2011/09/29/napolitano-wants-fence-borderof-canada?cmpid=NL_FiredUpFoxNation_20110930

Before they build fences on the canadian border ..... Why Not FINISH the fence along the Mexican border??? Call me crazy, but I believe thats where the most problems are at!! A joint border force with canada and the usa could be possible on the North border whereas Mexico helps and encourages illegals to travel north.

• Upvote 6

there should be a fence on the canadian border as well as the mexican; as well as troops guarding both borders. if terrorists can't get in , they can't do anything

Yes that was me who negged you. ARE YOU SERIOUS? Aren't you guys in enough financial hell? What a joke it would be to see troops full time guarding the US Canada border not to mention a fence that spans the longest shared border in the world. You seriously think Canada is the gateway for terrorism in your country?

MEXICO is your problem you guys.. not us. :angry:

• Upvote 1

Lexicon, I agree with you. They can't build a fence to do the CIA, FBI and Homeland Security's job. If they can't do their job, we need to find someone that can.

They need to work on the real problems, not the symptoms.

We have a much more serious problem with the Mexico border. They may not be "terrorists" in the strict sense of the word, but the illegals that cross over hurt our economy as

well as their own. The drugs and guns that are smuggled across are much more serious. Of course, the corrupt powers that gain from that activity don't want to stop it.

I, for one, don't want to live in a fenced in world. I don't want to feel like a prisoner in my own country. I want to have good relations with neighboring countries and a fence separating them doesn't seem very friendly. It's like living in a neighborhood and building a 10 foot fence to separate you from your neighbors.... Does that make you seem very

social or friendly?

This idea of a Canada/USA fence is ridiculous. It seems they are just LOOKING for infrastructure things to spend money on....whether they are needed or not.... a waste of money.

• Upvote 1

Yes that was me who negged you. ARE YOU SERIOUS? Aren't you guys in enough financial hell? What a joke it would be to see troops full time guarding the US Canada border not to mention a fence that spans the longest shared border in the world. You seriously think Canada is the gateway for terrorism in your country?

let's see. if the mexican border gets sealed (which it should have been long ago), terrorists will then find the next easiest place to cross. i wonder where that would be.

and the reason the mexican border is our problem is because mexicans are illegally coming into the country and getting stuff for free. we don't seem to have that problem with canadians.

2 different issues

let's see. if the mexican border gets sealed (which it should have been long ago), terrorists will then find the next easiest place to cross. i wonder where that would be.

and the reason the mexican border is our problem is because mexicans are illegally coming into the country and getting stuff for free. we don't seem to have that problem with canadians.

2 different issues

I agree entirely. However i did not mean terrorists are coming in from MEXICO. I was stating the problem with illegals taking all your jobs is a "form" of terrorism i guess.. If Terrorists want in they will get in. Do you not have two shorelines to easily enter the US?? Are those guarded? If your gonna build two fences why not just build four.

Lexicon, I agree with you. They can't build a fence to do the CIA, FBI and Homeland Security's job. If they can't do their job, we need to find someone that can.

They need to work on the real problems, not the symptoms.

We have a much more serious problem with the Mexico border. They may not be "terrorists" in the strict sense of the word, but the illegals that cross over hurt our economy as

well as their own. The drugs and guns that are smuggled across are much more serious. Of course, the corrupt powers that gain from that activity don't want to stop it.

I, for one, don't want to live in a fenced in world. I don't want to feel like a prisoner in my own country. I want to have good relations with neighboring countries and a fence separating them doesn't seem very friendly. It's like living in a neighborhood and building a 10 foot fence to separate you from your neighbors.... Does that make you seem very

social or friendly?

This idea of a Canada/USA fence is ridiculous. It seems they are just LOOKING for infrastructure things to spend money on....whether they are needed or not.... a waste of money.

Well said. It's a shame for both Countries to even think of the idea.

like I've said before ,O B won't do a darn thing because his own family is here illegally, how much will this BS cost us?on the other hand ,if we give the illegals one month to get the heck out of our country ..anyone else left will be considered a domestic terrorist and jailed ,bet you would see the roaches run home :wave: :wave:

• Upvote 1

2 different issues

But Aces can you not see that you would be condemning your countrymen and yourself to a self-imposed prison!

:blink: hmmm.... now HS is going bonkers over this one.... :huh:

ohhh...we really need to protect are norther boarders from the evil Canadian cartel from their stereo-typical culture...that would damage our economy and our own habitual way of life....? :huh:all ye Canadians...to not take offense...i have family and close friends who are north of the boarder. :D

The only reason to build a northern fence would be to antagonize and infuriate Canadians.

Obviously, this would not be done with the average American's blessings.

It would be just another display of incompetence and governmental belligerence.

Why would the American government want to stop this? As I have found, what rules the World? Now why would they want to build a fence?

On 16 March 2010, Douglas Edwards, senior vice-president of Wachovia Bank, put his signature to page 10 of a 25-page settlement, in which the bank admitted its role as outlined by the prosecutors. On page 11, he signed again, as senior vice-president of Wells Fargo. The documents show Wachovia providing three services to 22 CDCs in Mexico: wire transfers, a "bulk cash service" and a "pouch deposit service", to accept "deposit items drawn on US banks, eg cheques and traveller's cheques", as spotted by Woods.

"For the time period of 1 May 2004 through 31 May 2007, Wachovia processed at least $$373.6bn in CDCs, $4.7bn in bulk cash" – a total of more than $378.3bn, a sum that dwarfs the budgets debated by US state and UK local authorities to provide services to citizens.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/apr/03/us-bank-mexico-drug-gangs

$373.6bn ( More Than Iraq has in Foreign Reserves) HMMM

U.S. targets bankers in HSBC laundering probe (Reuters):

The Justice Department’s money-laundering probe against banking giant HSBC Holdings Plc is looking at possible prosecution of individual bankers, a source close to the investigation said on Thursday.

The source, who has direct knowledge of the probe which was disclosed last year, said it is moving slowly in part because of the close examination for potential individual prosecutions. He did not name any targeted individuals.

“I understand they are meticulously doing interviews with one primary objective driven by the Justice Department on this case, which is to identify and prosecute any individuals within the bank for which the evidence will support such an action. Prosecuting individuals is their number one priority,” the source said on condition of anonymity.

The Justice Department probe is linked to bulk cash the bank received from money-changing firms in Mexico, the source said. The concern is that the bank may have handled money belonging to the Mexican drug cartels.

HSBC spokesman Rob Sherman declined to comment on the status of the investigations. “As we’ve indicated in our filings, we are subject to certain investigations by government authorities. In all cases, we’re cooperating and seeking to resolve these matters,” Sherman said.

Justice Department spokeswoman Laura Sweeney declined to comment.

The Justice Department was heavily criticized last August after reaching a deal to allow Barclays Bank to settle charges that it violated U.S. sanctions laws by forfeiting $298 million. While the federal judge overseeing the case ultimately approved the pact, he first dubbed it a “sweetheart deal” and questioned why the bank officials responsible were not held to account.

How a big US bank laundered billions from Mexico’s murderous drug gangs (guardian.co.uk):

On 10 April 2006, a DC-9 jet landed in the port city of Ciudad del Carmen, on the Gulf of Mexico, as the sun was setting. Mexican soldiers, waiting to intercept it, found 128 cases packed with 5.7 tons of cocaine, valued at $100m. But something else – more important and far-reaching – was discovered in the paper trail behind the purchase of the plane by the Sinaloa narco-trafficking cartel.

During a 22-month investigation by agents from the US Drug Enforcement Administration, the Internal Revenue Service and others, it emerged that the cocaine smugglers had bought the plane with money they had laundered through one of the biggest banks in the United States: Wachovia, now part of the giant Wells Fargo.

The authorities uncovered billions of dollars in wire transfers, traveller’s cheques and cash shipments through Mexican exchanges into Wachovia accounts. Wachovia was put under immediate investigation for failing to maintain an effective anti-money laundering programme. Of special significance was that the period concerned began in 2004, which coincided with the first escalation of violence along the US-Mexico border that ignited the current drugs war.

Criminal proceedings were brought against Wachovia, though not against any individual, but the case never came to court. In March 2010, Wachovia settled the biggest action brought under the US bank secrecy act, through the US district court in Miami. Now that the year’s “deferred prosecution” has expired, the bank is in effect in the clear. It paid federal authorities $110m in forfeiture, for allowing transactions later proved to be connected to drug smuggling, and incurred a $50m fine for failing to monitor cash used to ship 22 tons of cocaine.

More shocking, and more important, the bank was sanctioned for failing to apply the proper anti-laundering strictures to the transfer of $378.4bn – a sum equivalent to one-third of Mexico’s gross national product – into dollar accounts from so-called casas de cambio (CDCs) in Mexico, currency exchange houses with which the bank did business.

“Wachovia’s blatant disregard for our banking laws gave international cocaine cartels a virtual carte blanche to finance their operations,” said Jeffrey Sloman, the federal prosecutor. Yet the total fine was less than 2% of the bank’s $12.3bn profit for 2009. On 24 March 2010, Wells Fargo stock traded at $30.86 – up 1% on the week of the court settlement.

The conclusion to the case was only the tip of an iceberg, demonstrating the role of the “legal” banking sector in swilling hundreds of billions of dollars – the blood money from the murderous drug trade in Mexico and other places in the world – around their global operations, now bailed out by the taxpayer.

http://publicintelligence.net/u-s-banks-increasingly-involved-in-money-laundering-for-mexican-drug-cartels/

• Upvote 1

It's not a fence that is the solution. It's the giving away America's social programs, free medical care, social security, welfare, in-state tuition, jobs etc.,to illegals, that is the problem.

The solution is to wipe the sugar off the table, so ants stop coming. (so to speak) The illegals are coming because our idiot politicians are giving away, to illegals, what we Americans have worked for for ourselves, to the point some of us may never get any social security and health care cost are skyrocketing, jobs...don't even get me started. As long as our politicians give it away free to illegals, they will find a way in, fence or not.

Another solution:

If we put a Mexican General on the border, give him a million dollars and tell him for every illegal that gets through, he has to give back $10,000 there won't be any illegals coming over here anymore. Problem solved.

Edited by DinarMillionaire

It's not a fence that is the solution. It's the giving away America's social programs, free medical care, social security, welfare, in-state tuition, jobs etc.,to illegals, that is the problem.

The solution is to wipe the sugar off the table, so ants stop coming. (so to speak) The illegals are coming because our idiot politicians are giving away, to illegals, what we Americans have worked for for ourselves, to the point some of us may never get any social security and health care cost are skyrocketing, jobs...don't even get me started. As long as our politicians give it away free to illegals, they will find a way in, fence or not.

Another solution:

If we put a Mexican General on the border, give him a million dollars and tell him for every illegal that gets through, he has to give back $10,000 there won't be any illegals coming over here anymore. Problem solved.

[/quote

AMEN, I agree with you 100% !!!

All the illegals have sucked the teet waaaaayyyy to long, and I might add there's a bunch of "Medicaid Mentality' sorry butt Americans who need to get off the teets also!!!

I've been a nurse for many years and I've seen a lot of this sh++!

• Upvote 3