Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

RV is in the UST, waiting on law

Aqua Dude

The problem with this is that the actual doc (unlike Aqua's "translation") does not mention RV and uses reform to talk about reforms to the financial sector, i.e. transparency, and governance and what not. This has nothing to do with an exchange rate at all. Indeed the "banks are connected", connected to the country wide payment system, not some mythical RV connection. This has nothing directly to do with a change to the exchange rate. Its only talking about progress in the financial infrastructure of the country, and such progress certainly is a good thing. There also is no such thing as an RV that 'isn't live". The reforms the doc talks about are all reforms to the financial infrastructure, not anything that could be seen as an RV (unless you've got those RV-colored 3D glasses on :) )

You have to read between the line when it comes to monetary politics. It would be nice if it would've stated an RV date and rate, but in the big boy world, things don't work like that. And they never will. So Says...........DayTrader

• Upvote 3

And look for Iraq and find $2,565 for 2010

take $8000 Per cap income and divide it by $2565 GDP per cap and you get $3.11

Looks like by 2014 the IQD will be at least $3....Talibani said this part of a 5 year plan for 2010-2014(attachment page 1 bottom paragraph)

what you guys think?

I think your math is a little off. $8000/$2565 = 3.11. Not $3.11. In any math, units cancel themselves out as well. Take your ratio of 3.11 and mutiply it by the current IQD value of $0.00086 and you end up with $0.0027, not $3.11.

It's pretty easy to check this math, as well, because an increase of 0.00086 to 3.11 is an increase of 3616 times, while an increase of 2565 to 8000 is only an increase of 3.11 times.

parties over....captain neg showed up

Just buy yourself a big tube of TruthScreen with a Truth Protection Factor of about 50, smear that all over your brain and you'll be all set to go out in the bright light of reality with no worries! B)

So I'm getting negs for making a joke? Man you folks are harsh!

Edited by xyzzy
  • Upvote 7
  • Downvote 5

Oh good grief. If the current per capita income is $2,565 and (just for the sake of argument) they plan to get to $8,000 that is 3.11 TIMES the current value, not a $3.11 rate. If this per capita income was based on the exchange rate then that would mean we could expect the rate to go up by a factor of 3.11, or from $0.00086 to $0.0027 . Thus we would be able to double our money if bought in the $1200 per million range. If they add a 1000:1 RD on top of this the new dinar would come out at $2.70, but that doesn't help us of course we only get the RV part (minus the dealer spread we paid) which would be only 3.11:1 (or for us about 2:1).

That's USD. You think the per capita income of the Iraqi people is only 2565 dinars??? Goodness. So Says.................DayTrader

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I agree with KEEPmwlkfny. ANd I am not being a downer or sarcastic. What does this have to do with being in the UST and an RV. Securities laws need to be passed and they are talking about the ISX am I correct. That is NOT a small task and could take a while.

I am confused as to why this is the BEST news ever? We all know there is progress being made in IRAQ but this post doesn't warrant the foregoing conclusion that the RV is immenant and already in the UST!

Sorry, I want the DINAR to RV too but reading this article doesn't make me say ... WOW, it has really happened! THese articles are up to interpretation!!! PERIOD! unsure.gif

Yep.....not so sure alot of people actually took the time to read through the docs he posted.....yes its great information about the banking reform taking place which is something drastically needed so that Iraq is not such a cash based society

But Im not seeing how this is saying the RV is done, that the UST has the power to do it or anything about revaluing the currency.....sorry

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 3

Just buy yourself a big tube of TruthScreen with a Truth Protection Factor of about 50, smear that all over your brain and you'll be all set to go out in the bright light of reality with no worries! B)

I gave you a plus1 to even you out, can't fault you for a little humor.......now carry on, potty poopa!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I posted the Official World Bank report last Sunday. I think it's buried on page 15 or 16 of the news thread by now. I asked the financial wizards here to look it over. I personally didn't find anything in it about the revalue of currency but changes in laws for the stock exchange.

(one of these days I'll figure out link compressor)

Here's the link

http://web.worldbank...AEXT/IRAQEXTN/0,,contentMDK:23010412~menuPK:313124~pagePK:2865066~piPK:2865079~theSitePK:313105,00.html

Edited by mcuman

FYI......Kap.......is no guru......he does his research and sorts things out........Kap at one time was a great part of DV......just so you know......GO DINAR

They can call it anything they want to call it, as long as it is an rv to our understanding. Let's get this done.

Just got off the phone with my banker she said that is is agents UST regulations for the bank to release any info prior to the UST statement of release (and that has not happened yet)(its pending ) and then she hung up .even before i could get a word in.........

But she called me back on her cell phone and told me to start digging (thats a joke between us )Its a Texas thingwink.gif

So all you REAL secret Info people(not you gurus i dont give two sh**s about you) if you Know something KEEP IT TO YOUR SELF (it is a federal banking regulation) (kinda like insider trading )ph34r.gif

• Upvote 7

I will agree with you that the HCL and chapter VII have nothing to do with them revaluing their currency. The HCL only deals with how they share the current revenue they have coming in...it doesn't increase their revenues so they can cover a currency revaluation.

Their banks do need reforms and they have been making significant improvements to them over the last few years...but the banks do not have any authority over the value of the currency...Only the CBI does...not the UST...not the GOI...not the IMF.

So while the articles are good news they have absolutely nothing to do with the value of their currency.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just got off the phone with my banker she said that is is agents UST regulations for the bank to release any info prior to the UST statement of release (and that has not happened yet)(its pending ) and then she hung up .even before i could get a word in.........

But she called me back on her cell phone and told me to start digging (thats a joke between us )Its a Texas thingwink.gif

So all you REAL secret Info people(not you gurus i dont give two shits about you) if you Know something KEEP IT TO YOUR SELF (it is a federal banking regulation) (kinda like insider trading )ph34r.gif

Does that mean you'll be burying you money in your back yard? :lol:

Go RV

So all you REAL secret Info people(not you gurus i dont give two shits about you) if you Know something KEEP IT TO YOUR SELF (it is a federal banking regulation) (kinda like insider trading )ph34r.gif

HA! That's cute. This super secret info has managed to trickle down all the way from the US Treasure to your local bank, but don't tell anyone as its super secret! :)
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Now that was funny...literally laughed out loud enough to scare the cat that was sitting in my wife's lap and scratched the fly out of her...she's not happy.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

its funny how all the lopsters will find negatives out of anything,

while reading all these posts i laughed so hard the cat scratched the fly out of my wife...lol

while i do like all the research and homework that aqua has done here, and i am 100% on his side here, i dont see what this would do with the rv being in the treasury.

with the rv being a no-brainer, and knocking on our doorstep, i feel it could very well be at our treasury, but i dont feel that his post states this.

i do like the fact that when a lopster gets banned for acting like an idiot, they just come back under a new username and act even dumber, now that made my cat scratch my wife.... j/k jmw

• Upvote 5

i do like the fact that when a lopster gets banned for acting like an idiot, they just come back under a new username, now that made my cat scratch my wife.... j/k jmw

can't you see their ip address too?

****Yes, we know their new names wink.gif****

Edited by Bumper64

The problem with this is that the actual doc (unlike Aqua's "translation") does not mention RV and uses reform to talk about reforms to the financial sector, i.e. transparency, and governance and what not. This has nothing to do with an exchange rate at all. Indeed the "banks are connected", connected to the country wide payment system, not some mythical RV connection. This has nothing directly to do with a change to the exchange rate. Its only talking about progress in the financial infrastructure of the country, and such progress certainly is a good thing. There also is no such thing as an RV that 'isn't live". The reforms the doc talks about are all reforms to the financial infrastructure, not anything that could be seen as an RV (unless you've got those RV-colored 3D glasses on :) )

But I like my RV-colored glasses their stylish. B)

HA! That's cute. This super secret info has managed to trickle down all the way from the US Treasure to your local bank, but don't tell anyone as its super secret! :)

haharolleyes.gif YOU AGIAN 1st no-were dose it say THE TREASURE (it says UST)thats who the banks answer too................and 2nd my bank is not local haha .I dont work for McDeee'slaugh.gif