Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

RV is in the UST, waiting on law

Aqua Dude

Read the document. It isn't the IMF talking to Shabibi. The speaker acts like Shabibi is a king entering the room and early in the document it state Shabibi has to leave for another meeting. The law they stated they needed permanently passed was not in reference to the RV. JMO

PS I think the RV is ready to happen but again JMO.

haharolleyes.gif YOU AGIAN 1st no-were dose it say THE TREASURE (it says UST)thats who the banks answer too................and 2nd my bank is not local haha .I dont work for McDeee'slaugh.gif

Wow you can't get past my mistyping and dropping the Y? Then excuuuuuuse me! :)

First it is the Fed that the banks report to not the UST. Second unless your banker is on the board at a Federal Reserve bank then they would not get this super secret info about a pending exchange rate change, and if they were so highly placed to get such info they are not going to tell anyone, and all that is predicated on such info even existing in the first place, which I see no reason that it would. Why would Iraq need to tell the UST or Fed that a rate change is approaching? Your entire line of super secret info makes no sense.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 8

First it is the Fed that the banks report to not the UST. Second unless your banker is on the board at a Federal Reserve bank then they would not get this super secret info about a pending exchange rate change, and if they were so highly placed to get such info they are not going to tell anyone, and all that is predicated on such info even existing in the first place, which I see no reason that it would. Why would Iraq need to tell the UST or Fed that a rate change is approaching? Your entire line of super secret info makes no sense.

i know you were banned and came back under a new name, so i know you have been around, but you seem kinda foolish saying that the ust-fed wouldnt know of a rv.......come on

• Upvote 7

i know you were banned and came back under a new name, so i know you have been around, but you seem kinda foolish saying that the ust-fed wouldnt know of a rv.......come on

Certainly if any such info does flow out ahead of an RV it would be VERY VERY closely guarded, so anyone here saying that their banker told them about it, is full of beans. But why would the Fed and/or UST need to know ahead of time? What action would they need to take prior to such an event by another country? I really don't see it.

Note that for floating rates, they change all the time (by small amounts) so prior notice is impossible. Pegged rates also change and I don't see why they would provide notice either.

Edited by xyzzy
  • Downvote 6

Not that have to prove you wrong I WANT TO

Why?

This brochure provides the corporate registration industry with information about the Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons list (SDN list) of the Of- fice of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and other aspects of U.S. sanctions pro- grams. In response to the increased nationwide effort to prevent terrorists, terrorist supporters, narcotics traffickers, and other sanctioned parties from using the U.S. financial system, it is critical that the corporate registration industry implement steps to identify sanctioned parties in order to prevent their incorporation in the United States.

All organizations involved in the corporate registration process need to understand OFAC regulations. Undertaking any type of business or financial transaction with a sanctions target is illegal under federal law and the industry can make an impor- tant contribution to the achievement of national security goals by identifying sanc- tioned targets in order to block their ability to use the U.S. financial system or do business in the United States.

The following example illustrates what can happen if OFAC compliance is ig- nored: During the 1990s, the U.S. Government placed comprehensive sanctions on the Federal Republic of Yugoslavia (Serbia & Montenegro) for its role in fostering war in the Balkans region. The sanctions prohibited U.S. persons from doing busi- ness with individuals or entities located in Yugoslavia and prohibited Yugoslavi- ans from using the U.S. financial system. While the sanctions program was still in place, a Serbian company submitted an application to a U.S. business filing com- pany and was incorporated under a new name in the United States. The U.S. entity was then used by the Serbian company to open seemingly legitimate bank accounts and to transfer money through the United States. Because the business filing com- pany’s employees were not trained on OFAC sanctions policies, the company not only permitted a sanctions target to do business in the United States, it also violated federal law.

About OFAC

Economic sanctions are used by the U.S. government to prevent targeted countries, entities, and individuals from, among other things, accessing the U.S. financial system for purposes that are contrary to U.S. foreign policy and national security objectives. OFAC exercises this authority based on a number of different statutes, including:

• Trading With the Enemy Act (TWEA) , 50 U.S.C. App. §§ 1-44 • International Emergency Economic Powers Act (IEEPA), 50 U.S.C. §§

1701-06

• Iraqi Sanctions Act (ISA), Pub.L. 101-513, secs. 586-586J, 104 Stat. 2047-55

• United Nations Participation Act (UNPA), 22 U.S.C. § 287c • International Security and Development Cooperation Act (ISDCA), 22

U.S.C. 2349 aa-8 and aa-9

• Cuban Democracy Act (CDA), 22 U.S.C. § 6001-10

• Cuban Liberty and Democratic Solidarity (LIBERTAD) Act, 22 U.S.C. 6021-91

• Antiterrorism and Effective Death Penalty Act, 8 U.S.C. 1189, 18 U.S.C. 2332d, and 18 U.S.C. 2339B

• Foreign Narcotics Kingpin Designation Act, 21 U.S.C. 1901-1908, 8 U.S.C. 1182

• The Trade Sanctions Reform and Export Enhancement Act (TSRA), 22 U.S.C. 7201-11

These statutes often involve declarations of “national emergency” by the Presi- dent.

Sanctions Programs

As of October 2004, OFAC administered and enforced comprehensive sanctions programs involving three countries: Cuba, Iran, and Sudan. Unless authorized by OFAC, no U.S. individual or entity can do business with individuals or entities (in- cluding government institutions) in those countries, or individuals or entities act- ing for or on behalf of those countries. For example, incorporating an entity on behalf of a resident of Iran, Cuba, or Sudan would be prohibited. In addition, when the Cuba program is involved, U.S. individuals are also prohibited from doing business with any Cuban national regardless of where he or she resides unless that person is a citizen or permanent resident alien of the United States or is otherwise authorized by OFAC. OFAC also enforces sanctions regimes regarding: the West- ern Balkans, Burma (Myanmar), diamond trading, Iraq, Liberia, narcotics traffick- ing, North Korea, the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction, Syria, terrorism, and Zimbabwe. To read about the specifics of each sanctions program and to learn about recent changes to our programs, please visit: www.treas.gov/ofac

Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons List

OFAC has identified and officially “designated” numerous foreign agents and front organizations, as well as terrorists, terrorist organizations, and narcotics traf- fickers, on its SDN list, which contains over 5,000 variations on names of individu- als, governmental entities, companies, and merchant vessels located around the world. To ensure that illicit transactions involving targeted countries and SDNs are not processed, many U.S. banks and corporations are using sophisticated “inter- diction” software, developed by the private sector, to flag questionable transac- tions for review. If such software flags an item as a potential match to OFAC’s SDN list, certain “due diligence” steps outlined in this brochure should be taken to verify whether it is an actual match before contacting OFAC or taking action with regard to the match.

Who Must Comply?

All U.S. persons (including individuals and entities) are responsible for ensuring that they do not undertake a business dealing with an individual or entity on the SDN list. U.S. persons are:

• All U.S. citizens and permanent residents,

• All persons located in the United States,

• Any business organized under U.S. law, including U.S. branches and rep- resentative offices of foreign companies and overseas branches of U.S. companies, and

October 15, 2004 Department of the Treasury 1

THE O.F.A.C. is a part of the UST. NOT THE FED.

• Upvote 6

Certainly if any such info does flow out ahead of an RV it would be VERY VERY closely guarded, so anyone here saying that their banker told them about it, is full of beans. But why would the Fed and/or UST need to know ahead of time? What action would they need to take prior to such an event by another country? I really don't see it.

Note that for floating rates, they change all the time (by small amounts) so prior notice is impossible. Pegged rates also change and I don't see why they would provide notice either.

Wait.... hahahaha... wait.... You got banned and came back under a different user name? Hahahahaha! You're are crazy goofy!! And a downer. Cheer up, guy/gal!

its funny how all the lopsters will find negatives out of anything,

while reading all these posts i laughed so hard the cat scratched the fly out of my wife...lol

while i do like all the research and homework that aqua has done here, and i am 100% on his side here, i dont see what this would do with the rv being in the treasury.

with the rv being a no-brainer, and knocking on our doorstep, i feel it could very well be at our treasury, but i dont feel that his post states this.

i do like the fact that when a lopster gets banned for acting like an idiot, they just come back under a new username and act even dumber, now that made my cat scratch my wife.... j/k jmw

Seriously Sonny1 why are these constant and very very persistant lopster still hangin around here? I mean you know who they are and some of them personally. Why are they here??? Why waiste so much time? I know they are different people by nature....as I always have thought that cat owners are weird anyway...but it just doesnt make they NEVER have anything positive to say....shoot if an article came out saying that its RV tomoro at a buck they would still pick it apart with some dramatic spin of "oh this is smoke people" LMAO

Anyways man I think we are super close as I see you do as well....but I just cant fig the above out....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

An Overview of the Iraq Stabilization and Insurgency Sanctions Regulations

I. INTRODUCTION

In response to Iraq’s invasion of Kuwait on August 2, 1990, the United States imposed comprehensive sanctions, including a trade embargo against Iraq and a freeze of the assets of the then-Iraqi government, which were implemented in the Iraqi Sanctions Regulations, 31 C.F.R. part 575. Over the years, a series of Executive orders adjusted the sanctions in response to events in Iraq. On September 13, 2010, the Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”) published final rules removing the Iraqi Sanctions Regulations from 31 C.F.R. chapter V and adding the Iraq Stabilization and Insurgency Sanctions Regulations, 31 C.F.R. part 576 (“ISISR”), in implementation of Executive Order 13303 of May 22, 2003 (“E.O. 13303”), Executive Order 13315 of August 28, 2003 (“E.O. 13315”), Executive Order 13350 of July 29, 2004 (“E.O. 13350”), Executive Order 13364 of November 29, 2004 (“E.O. 13364”), and Executive Order 13438 of July 17, 2007 (“E.O. 13438”). A summary of the provisions of these Executive orders can be found in the Preamble of the final rule promulgating the ISISR (75 Fed. Reg. 55464, September 13, 2010). The ISISR contain all of the current OFAC restrictions involving Iraq and Iraqi property. This brochure summarizes these new regulations.

There currently are no broad-based sanctions in place against Iraq, but there are certain prohibitions and asset freezes against specific individuals and entities associated with the former Saddam Hussein regime, as well as parties determined to have committed, or to pose a significant risk of committing, an act of violence that has the purpose or effect of threatening the peace or stability of Iraq or the Government of Iraq or undermining efforts to promote economic reconstruction and political reform in Iraq or to provide humanitarian assistance to the Iraqi people. The Secretary of the Treasury is authorized to name all such individuals and entities. These names are included in OFAC’s list of Specially Designated Nationals and Blocked Persons (“SDN List”). In addition to these targeted sanctions, the ISISR impose some specific prohibitions designed to protect certain Iraqi property and contain certain provisions dealing with residual restrictions from the 1990 Iraqi sanctions.

II. BLOCKING OF PROPERTY

Persons designated by OFAC pursuant to the Executive Orders related to Iraq are named on OFAC’s SDN List. This list is accessible via OFAC’s Web site at www.treas.gov/offices/enforcement/ofac/sdn/index.shtml. With certain exceptions, U.S. persons are prohibited from transferring, paying, exporting, withdrawing, or otherwise dealing in the property and interests in property of an entity or individual listed on the SDN List. Entities which a designated party owns (defined as an ownership interest of 50% or more) are also blocked, regardless of whether that entity is separately named on OFAC’s SDN List.

III. UNBLOCKING OF CERTAIN BLOCKED PROPERTY

The ISISR authorize the unblocking of all remaining property blocked pursuant to Executive Orders 12722 and 12724, which was blocked in response to Iraq’s invasion of Kuwait in August, 1990. OFAC no longer asserts jurisdiction over this property under its sanctions involving Iraq, and, unless blocked pursuant to other authorities, it may now be transferred, paid, exported, withdrawn, or otherwise dealt in by U.S. persons without having to obtain an OFAC license.

So heres to you my misinformed friend WHEN YOU STEP TO A BIG DOG WATCH THE TEETHlaugh.gif

Wait.... hahahaha... wait.... You got banned and came back under a different user name? Hahahahaha! You're are crazy goofy!! And a downer. Cheer up, guy/gal!

Dont worry im gona school this boy

Edited by randalln
  • Upvote 6

Maybe the UST and the FED have a lot more to do with this than you must think.........some things you just cant get a link too......jmho........GO DINAR

• Upvote 2

were to start, first there would have to be a deal in place, probably exchanging oil for some of what iraq would owe, second, our treasury helped iraq put in there new monetary policy,(there are articles dating back to 09 stating that) so obviously the fed-ust would know what rate and date, so they could implement the monetary plan as to move it to active. now the banker bs is exactly that bs.

i am going to wells fargo, and the vice president of wells and i have talked many many times, he is a member on this site (im not giving his name) and all he has told me is that there will be a rv, but knows nothing of date and rate, so any local bank worker would have no idea of when, and anyone who says that there banker knows is 100% lying.....

• Upvote 4

Daily Treasury Guidance for Thursday, September 29, 2011

9/29/2011On Thursday morning, Secretary Geithner will meet with the President at the White House. This meeting is closed press.

Thats right I have Clearance son get a real job and one day you might jus have real INFO

[/color]

Edited by randalln

were to start, first there would have to be a deal in place, probably exchanging oil for some of what iraq would owe, second, our treasury helped iraq put in there new monetary policy,(there are articles dating back to 09 stating that) so obviously the fed-ust would know what rate and date, so they could implement the monetary plan as to move it to active. now the banker bs is exactly that bs.

i am going to wells fargo, and the vice president of wells and i have talked many many times, he is a member on this site (im not giving his name) and all he has told me is that there will be a rv, but knows nothing of date and rate, so any local bank worker would have no idea of when, and anyone who says that there banker knows is 100% lying.....

i totally agree.....GO DINAR

Not that have to prove you wrong I WANT TO

I don't know about you, but I'm not in a pissing contest here, so if you can educate me, great! thanks. But alas what follows in either post does not do so.

Of course the UST manages financial sanction compliance and various transaction prohibitions etc, what has that got to do with an foreign country (that is under such sanctions or prohibitions or not) informing the UST or Fed of an up coming change to their exchange rate? Please point out that clause for me (otherwise your "schooling" is worthless, I want a tuition refund!!).

Home » Press Center » Daily Guidance » Daily Treasury Guidance for Thursday, September 29, 2011

9/29/2011On Thursday morning, Secretary Geithner will meet with the President at the White House. This meeting is closed press.

Thats right I have Clearance son get a real job and one day you might jus have real INFO

Man, I would hate to be xyzzy right now! Lol

• Upvote 1

So says sonny and nothing I say will change his mind, so what's the point? I did get put on mod review under this user, by sonny I believe. But a review by Adam undid that thankfully.

[/color]

Oh paaallleeeessss. ANYONE can find this on google http://www.treasury.gov/press-center/daily-guidance/Pages/09292011.aspx and anyone can go to www.treasury.gov to get such things. Of course if you do have clearance and yet reveal info that is restricted then you will be on your way to the federal pen. Edited by xyzzy

I don't know about you, but I'm not in a pissing contest here, so if you can educate me, great! thanks. But alas what follows in either post does not do so.

Of course the UST manages financial sanction compliance and various transaction prohibitions etc, what has that got to do with an foreign country (that is under such sanctions or prohibitions or not) informing the UST or Fed of an up coming change to their exchange rate? Please point out that clause for me (otherwise your "schooling" is worthless, I want a tuition refund!!).

IV. EXPORTING TO IRAQ

Unless a transaction involves a party blocked under OFAC’s authorities, no OFAC authorization is needed for exports to Iraq. There may, however, be certain restrictions and licensing requirements administered by other U.S. Government agencies, such as the Department of Commerce.

V. FINANCIAL TRANSACTIONS

Unless a transaction involves a party blocked under OFAC’s authorities, financial transactions with Iraq are allowed, including the opening of correspondent accounts for Iraqi financial institutions.

VI. IRAQI CULTURAL PROPERTY

The ISISR prohibit the trade in or transfer of ownership or possession of Iraqi cultural property or other items of archeological, historical, cultural, rare scientific, and religious importance that were illegally removed, or for which a reasonable suspicion exists that they were illegally removed, from the Iraq National Museum, the National Library, and other locations in Iraq since August 6, 1990. Questions concerning Iraqi cultural property should be directed to: Cultural Property Office, U.S. Department of State, tel: 202-619-6612, fax: 202-260-4893, Web site www.exchanges.state.gov/culprop, e-mail culprop@pd.state.gov.

VII. IMMUNITY FROM ATTACHMENT

The President has determined that the threat of attachment or other judicial process against the Central Bank of Iraq, the Development Fund for Iraq, and Iraqi petroleum and petroleum products constitutes an obstacle to the orderly reconstruction of Iraq, the restoration and maintenance of peace and security in that country, and the development of political, administrative, and economic institutions in Iraq. Accordingly, absent an authorization from OFAC, any accounts, assets, investments, or any other property of any kind owned by, belonging to, or held by the Central Bank of Iraq or the Development Fund of Iraq, are immune from attachment, judgment, execution, or other judicial process in the United States. Likewise, consistent with United Nations Security Council Resolutions (“UNSCR”) 1483 and 1546, dated May 22, 2003, and June 8, 2004, respectively, Iraqi petroleum and petroleum products and interests are immune from attachment, judgment, execution, or other judicial processes until title passes to the initial purchaser of those products. These immunities from attachment, which are set out in ISISR § 576.206, do not apply with respect to any final judgment arising out of a contractual obligation entered into by the Government of Iraq, including any of its agencies or instrumentalities, after June 30, 2004. In addition, consistent with UNSCR 1483, OFAC may issue specific licenses on a case-by-case basis to authorize the attachment, judgment, decree, lien, execution, garnishment, or other judicial process against property and interests in property protected by § 576.206 to satisfy liability for damages assessed in connection with an ecological accident (including an oil spill) that occurred after May 22, 2003.

VIII. U.S. MILITARY FORCES AND THEIR COALITION PARTNERS IN IRAQ EXEMPT

Property and interests in property that come under the control of U.S. military forces and their coalition partners in Iraq under the command or operational control of the commander of the United States Central Command are authorized or exempt from the blocking provisions in the ISISR.

-3-

Hey guys,

Some talk going on about banks and who they "report" to.

Frankly, it can be somewhat confusing. I will attempt to give a brief description without too many details: :)

The governing body for banks depends upon what type of banking charter they have (this excludes credit unions).

Each state has their own banking department in which they monitor and regulate banks that have applied for and received a STATE charter. Banks that apply for and and receive a NATIONAL charter are supervised by the OCC, Comptroller of Currency.

There are several separate and distinct reasons why a bank might apply for one or the other, but that is a discussion for another time.

Now here is where it gets complicated, ALL banks that are MEMBER institutions of the FDIC (Yes it is OPTIONAL) are also regulated by the FDIC. Therefore the state bank has to abide by the State banking laws and the FDIC regulations. Like wise, National chartered banks who are also FDIC members, are monitored by the FDIC and the OCC.

Technically, the UST nor the Federal reserve bank have anything to do with regulating or monitoring individual banks.

Now, both the UST and Fed have influence in the laws and regulations that are in place that the banks must follow. For example, the above post referred to the Office of foreign asset control. Prior to 9/11 I had never heard of this office nor its regulations. After 9/11, when the foreign assets became a priority, the UST and OFAC proposed legislation changes to help the government legally track and "control" foreign assets that were in question. When this legislation was passed, these restrictions and mandates were adopted by the OCC, FDIC, and all State banking departments and as such made a part of each individual banks daily monitoring requirements. And, as a result I became very familiar with OFAC and its rules :)

Anyway, hopes this helps clear up any potential confusion about who the banks "report" to.

Go RV!!

:D :D :D :D

• Upvote 2

IV. EXPORTING TO IRAQ

Unless a transaction involves a party blocked under OFAC’s authorities, no OFAC authorization is needed for exports to Iraq. There may, however, be certain restrictions and licensing requirements administered by other U.S. Government agencies, such as the Department of Commerce.

V. FINANCIAL TRANSACTIONS

Unless a transaction involves a party blocked under OFAC’s authorities, financial transactions with Iraq are allowed, including the opening of correspondent accounts for Iraqi financial institutions.

VI. IRAQI CULTURAL PROPERTY

The ISISR prohibit the trade in or transfer of ownership or possession of Iraqi cultural property or other items of archeological, historical, cultural, rare scientific, and religious importance that were illegally removed, or for which a reasonable suspicion exists that they were illegally removed, from the Iraq National Museum, the National Library, and other locations in Iraq since August 6, 1990. Questions concerning Iraqi cultural property should be directed to: Cultural Property Office, U.S. Department of State, tel: 202-619-6612, fax: 202-260-4893,

VII. IMMUNITY FROM ATTACHMENT

The President has determined that the threat of attachment or other judicial process against the Central Bank of Iraq, the Development Fund for Iraq, and Iraqi petroleum and petroleum products constitutes an obstacle to the orderly reconstruction of Iraq, the restoration and maintenance of peace and security in that country, and the development of political, administrative, and economic institutions in Iraq. Accordingly, absent an authorization from OFAC, any accounts, assets, investments, or any other property of any kind owned by, belonging to, or held by the Central Bank of Iraq or the Development Fund of Iraq, are immune from attachment, judgment, execution, or other judicial process in the United States. Likewise, consistent with United Nations Security Council Resolutions (“UNSCR”) 1483 and 1546, dated May 22, 2003, and June 8, 2004, respectively, Iraqi petroleum and petroleum products and interests are immune from attachment, judgment, execution, or other judicial processes until title passes to the initial purchaser of those products. These immunities from attachment, which are set out in ISISR § 576.206, do not apply with respect to any final judgment arising out of a contractual obligation entered into by the Government of Iraq, including any of its agencies or instrumentalities, after June 30, 2004. In addition, consistent with UNSCR 1483, OFAC may issue specific licenses on a case-by-case basis to authorize the attachment, judgment, decree, lien, execution, garnishment, or other judicial process against property and interests in property protected by § 576.206 to satisfy liability for damages assessed in connection with an ecological accident (including an oil spill) that occurred after May 22, 2003.

VIII. U.S. MILITARY FORCES AND THEIR COALITION PARTNERS IN IRAQ EXEMPT

Property and interests in property that come under the control of U.S. military forces and their coalition partners in Iraq under the command or operational control of the commander of the United States Central Command are authorized or exempt from the blocking provisions in the ISISR.

-3-

• Upvote 1

were to start, first there would have to be a deal in place, probably exchanging oil for some of what iraq would owe,

This is a common speculation but we no evidence that such a deal is or would be made and most such explanations have iraq selling oil at less then they would get on the open market.

second, our treasury helped iraq put in there new monetary policy,(there are articles dating back to 09 stating that) so obviously the fed-ust would know what rate and date, so they could implement the monetary plan as to move it to active.

What does "move it to active" mean? There is just a rate, it changes and that's that. Sure Iraq got lots of help setting up their monetary system, and I don't doubt that there are some folks that might have an expectation of what will happen, but that is not what we're talking about. We talking about Iraq sending some notice "ok, its in 72 hrs the rate will change to xyz", that is what I see no reason for.

now the banker bs is exactly that bs.

No disagreement there for the most part, but I find it very unlikely that a VP of Wells Fargo of which there are at least a few 100 (or even a Senior Executive VP) would be informed of an RV. So he may well expect one, but that is very different from getting advanced knowledge. Oh and just for clarification an RV in this context is something int eh at least 10:1 range, not the sort of RV that pegged currencies do all the time of just a few percentage points.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

So what exactly are you trying to say with this post Aqua Dude??

One of the highlighted parts you posted, is speaking about how good it is to have all the banks in IRAQ connected and working together to reform the system....which is important....but your headline is speaking about the RV being in the UST?? blink.gif

Funny... As I got past the first 2 pages, I was starting to wonder... Where are all the Lopsters types now? Huh???? ... Then I got to Page three.... ... Yeah <_<

• Upvote 1