Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

RV is in the UST, waiting on law

Aqua Dude

Hey guys,

Some talk going on about banks and who they "report" to.

Frankly, it can be somewhat confusing. I will attempt to give a brief description without too many details: :)

The governing body for banks depends upon what type of banking charter they have (this excludes credit unions).

Each state has their own banking department in which they monitor and regulate banks that have applied for and received a STATE charter. Banks that apply for and and receive a NATIONAL charter are supervised by the OCC, Comptroller of Currency.

There are several separate and distinct reasons why a bank might apply for one or the other, but that is a discussion for another time.

Now here is where it gets complicated, ALL banks that are MEMBER institutions of the FDIC (Yes it is OPTIONAL) are also regulated by the FDIC. Therefore the state bank has to abide by the State banking laws and the FDIC regulations. Like wise, National chartered banks who are also FDIC members, are monitored by the FDIC and the OCC.

Technically, the UST nor the Federal reserve bank have anything to do with regulating or monitoring individual banks.

Now, both the UST and Fed have influence in the laws and regulations that are in place that the banks must follow. For example, the above post referred to the Office of foreign asset control. Prior to 9/11 I had never heard of this office nor its regulations. After 9/11, when the foreign assets became a priority, the UST and OFAC proposed legislation changes to help the government legally track and "control" foreign assets that were in question. When this legislation was passed, these restrictions and mandates were adopted by the OCC, FDIC, and all State banking departments and as such made a part of each individual banks daily monitoring requirements. And, as a result I became very familiar with OFAC and its rules :)

Anyway, hopes this helps clear up any potential confusion about who the banks "report" to.

Go RV!!

:D :D :D :D

And this is why this young man has challenged me (as to why my Prv.banker would confer with the OFAC on release of my account and RV of funds ) SOOOOOOOO that brings us back to the OFAC is part of THE UST who is in charge of all transactions pending with iraq not IMF WTO not even SHABIBI

The USG.has uninterrupted control over Iraq wail US armed forces or on the ground ...........................have a nice day Xeexxnexxyyy or what ever your name is.......................

• Upvote 3

So, Iraq's banking system has been brought online into the 21st century and they are ready to do business with the world. Two steps forward, one step back, or is it two steps backwards one step forward? Anyhoo, eventually they're going to get to the finish line I just hope I'm still young enough to enjoy it. ;)

Leggings with stilettos, or mom jeans? :lol::lol::lol:

Think twice before you answer. Mom jeans have a zipper :P

you would not like what it showed but thats preliminary she said ...........she just dont know but its digging time ..........i trust her judgment

Edited by randalln

Daily Treasury Guidance for Thursday, September 29, 2011

9/29/2011On Thursday morning, Secretary Geithner will meet with the President at the White House. This meeting is closed press.

Thats right I have Clearance son get a real job and one day you might jus have real INFO

[/color]

OUCH! I can feel his pain from here in my undisclosed location. Thanx to randalin for dishing out some industrial strength com-uppins.

Why would banking reform have anything to do with the value of a countries currency?...the value of a currency is based on a relationship to the amount in circulation and a combination of the value of the assets to back the currency and the GDP of the country.

Reforming the banks won't have an impact on any of the above and therefore not on the value of the IQD.

There is no secret "intel" or documents that will foretell a 100,000% change in the value of their currency....the rv fairies will sprinkle some magic dust on any article to try to make it something that it isn't...and then get all worked up if someone questions the validity of the information...next comes the outcry to have everyone banned that doesn't fall in line.

just proves the adage that..."you can fool some of the people all of the time...."

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Oh paaallleeeessss. ANYONE can find this on google http://www.treasury....s/09292011.aspx and anyone can go to www.treasury.gov to get such things. Of course if you do have clearance and yet reveal info that is restricted then you will be on your way to the federal pen.

yes any one can go to the UST site

but with a clearance you can sign in and see the un-sanitized doc's

So are you saying anyone with a clearance can go on the UST site and see "un-sanitized" docs?

How do you know what to sign in with (username and such)

I have a clearance and would like to try

hahaha good try if you have one then you know where you can use it ........sign in on you MILAP

Unless you got something to hide

Just be sure you are suppose to be there

hahaha good try if you have one then you know where you can use it ........sign in on you MILAP

Unless you got something to hide

I was just playing randall. I actually just signed in to edit what I had by removing what I wrote, along with an apology about being sarcastic and bringing a good thread to a low level. Again I am sorry and hope you are not upset

• Upvote 1

Daily Treasury Guidance for Thursday, September 29, 2011

9/29/2011On Thursday morning, Secretary Geithner will meet with the President at the White House. This meeting is closed press.

Thats right I have Clearance son get a real job and one day you might jus have real INFO

OUCH! I can feel his pain from here in my undisclosed location. Thanx to randalin for dishing out some industrial strength com-uppins.

:lol: :lol: :lol: It is so funny that Randalln has manged to suck people into thinking he has shown he has a security clearance by posting not merely a public document, but one fully intended by the treasury to inform the public about daily activities! How gullible can you people be!

Also while I have never had nor applied for a clearance, I'm guessing among the first things they tell you is "don't go around telling people you have a clearance". So justsayin as they say...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Hey guys,

Some talk going on about banks and who they "report" to.

Frankly, it can be somewhat confusing. I will attempt to give a brief description without too many details: :)

The governing body for banks depends upon what type of banking charter they have (this excludes credit unions).

Each state has their own banking department in which they monitor and regulate banks that have applied for and received a STATE charter. Banks that apply for and and receive a NATIONAL charter are supervised by the OCC, Comptroller of Currency.

There are several separate and distinct reasons why a bank might apply for one or the other, but that is a discussion for another time.

Now here is where it gets complicated, ALL banks that are MEMBER institutions of the FDIC (Yes it is OPTIONAL) are also regulated by the FDIC. Therefore the state bank has to abide by the State banking laws and the FDIC regulations. Like wise, National chartered banks who are also FDIC members, are monitored by the FDIC and the OCC.

Technically, the UST nor the Federal reserve bank have anything to do with regulating or monitoring individual banks.

Now, both the UST and Fed have influence in the laws and regulations that are in place that the banks must follow. For example, the above post referred to the Office of foreign asset control. Prior to 9/11 I had never heard of this office nor its regulations. After 9/11, when the foreign assets became a priority, the UST and OFAC proposed legislation changes to help the government legally track and "control" foreign assets that were in question. When this legislation was passed, these restrictions and mandates were adopted by the OCC, FDIC, and all State banking departments and as such made a part of each individual banks daily monitoring requirements. And, as a result I became very familiar with OFAC and its rules :)

Anyway, hopes this helps clear up any potential confusion about who the banks "report" to.

Go RV!!

:D :D :D :D

Thanks!

:lol: :lol: :lol: It is so funny that Randalln has manged to suck people into thinking he has shown he has a security clearance by posting not merely a public document, but one fully intended by the treasury to inform the public about daily activities! How gullible can you people be!

Also while I have never had nor applied for a clearance, I'm guessing among the first things they tell you is "don't go around telling people you have a clearance". So justsayin as they say...

And since you have never had one then you would not know what it means to have one Its not some secret (just the contrary Im proud that in the past 9years i have excelled as a DODCIV)

And i carry my CAC with me every where i go it gets you right in the embassy in any country ........wink.gif

I was just playing randall. I actually just signed in to edit what I had by removing what I wrote, along with an apology about being sarcastic and bringing a good thread to a low level. Again I am sorry and hope you are not upset

haha that dont upset me if you do great if you dont dose not matter one way or the other smile.gif

This guy xzizzy just needs to be held by the hand HE IS SPECIAL laugh.gif

• Upvote 1

Please do not change someone's quote, "especially" if you have no idea how they're going to react. Your response was inadequate, please apologize.

-

Ok. I apoligize dharbage. It was very immature of me. I didn't think it would make you that angry. I understand and it wont happen again...

DHarbage did NOT say he was a Lopster.

• Upvote 3