Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam "Official" Chat 9/28/11

kcw

[kcw] Adam, If the dinar did RV at a lower rate like $.10, and then rise to a higher rate like $3.00+ over a period of, let's say, 6 months to 3 years - considering that Iraq needs to import almost EVERYTHING - power plants, high speed railroads, communications, military equipment and aircraft, water and sanitation plants, and on and on and on... would not an exchange rate that made multiple major changes in that time frame (i.e. much more than the aforementioned 2.5% per 90 days that the "managed float" would supposedly entail, and presumably with no advance notice) - absolutely wreak havoc on the ability of importers in Iraq and their trading partners, to know what their costs, profit margins and sales would be for the next several years? How do you trade in such an unpredictable environment? Why would the CBI do that? [Adam Montana] That's a good question

[Adam Montana] but keep in mind that Iraq will most likely never STOP using the USD

[Adam Montana] so costs can be calculated in USD

[Adam Montana] also, when the RV is announced

[Adam Montana] they will have to RD (send out smaller notes)

[Adam Montana] and you won't be getting your hands on any freshly printed 25,000 dinar notes!

[Adam Montana] so what you have is what you have

[Adam Montana] it might seem like a major rate change would mess things up

[Adam Montana] but the exact opposite happened

[Adam Montana] and people dealt with it just fine

[Adam Montana] in other words, a changing rate won't stop business from happening

[Adam Montana] ok, thank you all for the questions - there were a lot of good ones this week!

[Adam Montana] in closing: the RV is tomorrow at $17

Topic: open chat

[Adam Montana] and hopefully we won't have the need to do the Q&A next week!!!!

[Adam Montana] HUGE thanks to the Mods for catching the chat and posting it for all to see!

[Adam Montana] thanks all

[Adam Montana] have a great day

It was a great chat, but I am confused about Adam's last statement that When the RV is announced, they will have to RD..... Does this mean (in his or anyone else's opinion) (let's for the sake of arguement go with a 1:1 rate) That for a BRIEF period of time our Dinars will be worth a small fortune in USD, OR that they will happen at the same time, making our 25000 dinar worth 25 USD?

It was a great chat, but I am confused about Adam's last statement that When the RV is announced, they will have to RD..... Does this mean (in his or anyone else's opinion) (let's for the sake of arguement go with a 1:1 rate) That for a BRIEF period of time our Dinars will be worth a small fortune in USD, OR that they will happen at the same time, making our 25000 dinar worth 25 USD?

I believe re-denomination means that they will have to issue smaller denominations, and remove the larger denominations from the physical supply of currency. Not that the value will change.

"kcw] tims - if this thing is going to rv soon, why would the cbi sell any iqd at the current rate through the auctions? It's going to cost them millions more and more and more to cash in whatever goes out from now til it rv's. ADAM......IS the following statement a fact? "the more dinar in circulation probably means a lower rv rate....conversely, the less dinar in circulation probably means a higher rv value."

[Adam Montana] The statement you made sounds reasonable, I have no reason to dispute it

[Adam Montana] The thing to keep in mind is the CBI auctions

[Adam Montana] OH! Shoot, I was going to talk about this in the beginning - Cisole (Pink Piggy) started a new contest! Keep an eye out for an email from me in a little bit - if you guess the amount of this Sunday's CBI auction you can win a free VIP membership and also Pig Stuff!

[Adam Montana] back to the question - the CBI auctions are relatively stable - money in, money out

[Adam Montana] the Dinar Investor world is relatively small compared to what most people thing

[Adam Montana] think*

[Adam Montana] Of course, the minute they know the RV is being announced

[Adam Montana] I fully expect to see a surprise STOP to the auctions, at least for a day or two. "

Originally I thought the CBI auctions were selling IQD for USD- which would be a bad thing-lots of dinars to revalue.

Later I understood that the CBI was auctioning USD for IQD- which makes sense if they are going to revalue.

So what is it- USD for IQD or IQD for USD?