Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

FREEWAY BILL 9/14

krome2ez

I believe that we are in a

fantastic position for this RV. I believe that we are ever so close

End Quote

You have been repeating that just like Okie does repeat his rates and dates BS...You're exactly like him

Just ask yourself these questions

1) Can Iraq operate on 9/10 of a

penny for an extended period of time and build a 3.5 billion dollar transit

system in Baghdad?

End Quote

The have been operating that way for a few years now.....So like it or not... Yes they can.... The fact that I may not like it is irrelevant.

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Fact: Lopping the currency internationally would be financial

suicide for Iraq’s plans for the future

why?

Fact: hundreds of

thousands of people that hold dinar are totally depending on the RV just to be

able to live for the future

if that is true, that is sad

gatoraces -- is it really up to us to judge other people or how they live their life?

I've been reading Freeway Bill's post for about 5 months now, and he at least seems to be the most grounded of the bunch, (besides Adam)

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3

gatoraces -- is it really up to us to judge other people or how they live their life?

I've been reading Freeway Bill's post for about 5 months now, and he at least seems to be the most grounded of the bunch, (besides Adam)

buying dinar to the point that an RV is the only thing that can save you financially is sad. nothing judgmental about it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

buying dinar to the point that an RV is the only thing that can save you financially is sad. nothing judgmental about it.

Sure it is in my opinion. Now if u said it's not financially sound in ur opinion then I would agree.

Good post, loses some credibility with me at the end

I only count 4 words

Dang new math-lol

Edited by caz1104

I like Freeway Bill...his post are usually well grounded, and factual...no hype! God Bless!

Google him and you will see that he's a grounded as a loose hot air balloon. He has many times said we have revalued!!! MANY!!! He's as full of dung at the rest over at that site... Another site makes me laugh. I can only think of the progressive commercial "(A)nother insurance". lol

• Upvote 4

Quote"

able to live for the future"

The sad truth is that there ARE hundreds of thousands Iraqis and their families depending on this for their futures. These numbers dont always apply to only we investors. IMO. Peace Out

• Upvote 3

Fact: Lopping the currency internationally would be financial

suicide for Iraq’s plans for the future

why?

able to live for the future

if that is true, that is sad

Financial suicide is a very strong term used and is likely used in exaggeration. A LOP would not necessarily be financial suicide, but, it may be what I call "lost opportunities.."

The following are of my opinion what may be lost opportunities

** The CBI - they could make a lot of revenue on the buying & selling of IQD as the value rises. Spread = revenue

** Delayment of foreign investors that would potentially need a strong consumer base

-- Would a McDonalds, Wal-Mart, Best Buy, AppleBee's, JCPenny's, etc. etc. find themselves setting up shop any faster due to a LOP? No... A LOP would not provide a stronger consumer base, as they would not have the financial means to buy additional goods or services. Many scrape by as it is now, so corporations looking to expand to that region would be years out (maybe even decades)...

** Building trust & faith into the Govt. (If the Govt. gave their people trust & faith, they would support them.) This would be a great model for a global view to see the benefits of a democracy, so global support from the power nations would likely support it..

** Help grow, expand, and increase the private sector. Decreases relying off of imports

** More faith in banks.... A larger value to what you hold, you may wish to put it into a bank to have them hold it for you. Banks prosper and expand to more digital currency & use of digital currency with the ability to be used in the economy

** Helps fight dollarization - Ironically, the USD is helping their economy stay afloat. If the USD suddenly disappeared in their economy in the blink of an eye, the CBI would either have to flood the market w/ IQD or adjust the rate.

** Helps create jobs - Any citizen holding an abundance of IQD may be able to create a business. It requires workers to run a business.

** Quality of life improves, therefore, the value of life is higher which leads to less violence, bloodshed, etc.

This is just a short-list, but mostly opinion. But to continue to argue my point, a LOP doesn't help with what I listed. Some may differ, but, it may help in minor ways (i.e., now that 3 zeros are gone, it may help against dollarization because the illusion of a stronger currency).

So, what sort of incentives do they have to use the IQD, the newly printed re-denominated IQD, and so forth? Nearly sounds like a nuisance at the moment.

Nuisance? How so?

Having to learn & understand a new currency.. They just had to do this nearly 7 years ago.... Now they have to go through THAT process again.

Having to deal with up to 3, maybe more currencies.. Such as, USD, old IQD, new IQD.

Confusions.... When prices are listed within a market. Which one are you paying?

Acceptance? Will everyone accept them accordingly... Some may not wish to deal w/ the new IQD...

Dollarization threat may increase?? How so?

To avoid confusion and other issues, you run to the safehaven USD.

You figure, I'll use USD until this whole currency mess blows over.

Some may do this prior to the implementation... So may do it afterwards...

Either way, it does not help with the market value & demand of the IQD.

This does not confirm or deny their true intentions, but merely gives you a different perspective on how to view this... We're only speculating, so we don't know the full details.

• Upvote 4

How long will it take before everyone realizes that these guys have absolutely NO IDEA what they're talking about, and yet thousands follow their every word? First of all, the IQD is not valued at 9/10 of a Penny. It is in fact less than ONE TENTH of a Penny. One U.S. Penny converts to 11.64 IQD. If they don't even know that much, how much are they likely to know about anything else? Can you seriously put any faith into a single thing they say?

Next, the RD which has now been described in 100's of articles is not a lop. Removing three zeros from the IQD is "value neutral" - it does not increase, nor does it decrease the value of the current Dinar notes. What it does do, is instantly bring the value to .86 cents, or nearly the same as the U.S. Dollar. This move is FAR from the "financial suicide" which FB and his cronies would love for people to believe. It is in fact a huge step forward, and theoretically at least, does increase the value of the individual Dinar - from the current 1/10 of a Cent to 86 Cents - more than 860 X its current value. How is this a bad thing for Iraq? Is it bad for we the investor? Probably, in that it doesn't makes us the overnight millionaires the pumpers have been promising. But its it bad for Iraq? Not hardly.

Don't get me wrong......it would be WAY NICE if they would increase the value of the Dinar at the same time they remove the zeros, and it would seem to make perfect sense for them to do this. They could conceivably increase the value by 17%, making it the same as the U.S. Dollar, or any amount above that - hopefully WAY above that. But up to now, what they have described over and over again is a simple re-denomination bringing it to 86 Cents - a move which brings the IQD into the modern banking world and simplifies accounting and trade.

Is is "possible" that Shabibi and Saleh have been lying to us and to the Iraqi people in the hundreds of articles? Of course. Is it likely? Probably not. Bottom line.....few other than Shabibi know for sure, and NONE of the pumpers and Gurus know. :(

Edited by Legolas
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Legolas- great post Thanks...Go RV biggrin.gif

How can you say this... Go RV!

Legolas doesn't believe in an RV. I'm sure he wants one, but he still doesn't believe in one. He's a lopster. Yes, his speech sounds convincing, but if it goes the way he's saying, your going to loose money unless you hang around for another 5-10 years for the dinar to get back up to the $3+ mark!

If this thing RD's at $.86 as he says, I'll be selling mine as soon as it reaches a high enough value to get my money back. You'd make better money in regular mutual funds and stocks. And as for sitting around reading all this crap about Iraq for another 5 or more years... F that!

Thankfully I don't believe in a lop and RD. Iraq would stay the backwards Arab screw-up it has always been and nobody will give a S__t about anything they do or say. It would be at that point that we could pull our armies out and let Iran eat them alive.

The above scenerio won't happen though with an RV of $.10, have it traded internationally, and see a slow steady rise up over a protracted period of time. Whether or not we get to ride it up would be in Shabbibi's hands. This is the only way Iraq will ever make itself strong economically and be able to dominate it's southern neighbours in the international oil trade and be a magnet to international investors.

• Upvote 2

How long will it take before everyone realizes that these guys have absolutely NO IDEA what they're talking about, and yet thousands follow their every word? First of all, the IQD is not valued at 9/10 of a Penny. It is in fact less than ONE TENTH of a Penny. One U.S. Penny converts to 11.64 IQD. If they don't even know that much, how much are they likely to know about anything else? Can you seriously put any faith into a single thing they say?

Next, the RD which has now been described in 100's of articles is not a lop. Removing three zeros from the IQD is "value neutral" - it does not increase, nor does it decrease the value of the current Dinar notes. What it does do, is instantly bring the value to .86 cents, or nearly the same as the U.S. Dollar. This move is FAR from the "financial suicide" which FB and his cronies would love for people to believe. It is in fact a huge step forward, and theoretically at least, does increase the value of the individual Dinar - from the current 1/10 of a Cent to 86 Cents - more than 860 X its current value. How is this a bad thing for Iraq? Is it bad for we the investor? Probably, in that it doesn't makes us the overnight millionaires the pumpers have been promising. But its it bad for Iraq? Not hardly.

Don't get me wrong......it would be WAY NICE if they would increase the value of the Dinar at the same time they remove the zeros, and it would seem to make perfect sense for them to do this. They could conceivably increase the value by 17%, making it the same as the U.S. Dollar, or any amount above that - hopefully WAY above that. But up to now, what they have described over and over again is a simple re-denomination bringing it to 86 Cents - a move which brings the IQD into the modern banking world and simplifies accounting and trade.

Is is "possible" that Shabibi and Saleh have been lying to us and to the Iraqi people in the hundreds of articles? Of course. Is it likely? Probably not. Bottom line.....few other than Shabibi know for sure, and NONE of the pumpers and Gurus know. :(

The word LOP has been thrown around numerously and I used it mostly as a point of reference. See, I could say "re-denomination" but that isn't technically a LOP. A good phrase to go by is this, "Not all re-denominations are LOPs, but all LOPs are re-denominations." In other words "Not all re-denominations are R/Ds (Revenue-neutral), but R/Ds (Revenue-neutral) are re-denominations. When the current IQD was released in 2003-2004 time-frame, that was a re-denomination. A new currency with new denominations was printed and dispersed.

We should all know by now that LOP is a slang term. It is easier to use than say re-denomination. Because, in reality, LOPs are bad, but not all re-denominations are bad.

I'm still foggy on the idea that the illusion of omitting 3 zeros is going to help significantly. Yes, it may ease accounting and some transactions... But will it really create demand or bring back faith? When you have a time-period of anywhere from 3 months to 2 years to have to deal with it? And to top it off, if you have had to deal with up to if not more, 3 currencies.... Which one would you fall to use?

USD, right? Because you know where it is accepeted... You know you can use it in other countries... You know it is traded internationally...

New IQD - may not fit that bill for all listed above (Same goes for old IQD)

Does it help the economy grow? Not any more different than w/o the plan, IMO. People were broke before, they're still going to be broke afterwards.

It likely won't help prevent violence.... Quality of life will remain suppressed and only slowly develop..... Private sectors will struggle.... Productivity will remain low....

Foreign investors are not going to look at an exchange rate and think, oh they're doing great...

Those that have been waiting will know how the process played out.. Money contraction, R/D (Value neutral)... etc etc

• Upvote 2

How can you say this... Go RV!

Legolas doesn't believe in an RV. I'm sure he wants one, but he still doesn't believe in one. He's a lopster. Yes, his speech sounds convincing, but if it goes the way he's saying, your going to loose money unless you hang around for another 5-10 years for the dinar to get back up to the $3+ mark!

If this thing RD's at $.86 as he says, I'll be selling mine as soon as it reaches a high enough value to get my money back. You'd make better money in regular mutual funds and stocks. And as for sitting around reading all this crap about Iraq for another 5 or more years... F that!

Thankfully I don't believe in a lop and RD. Iraq would stay the backwards Arab screw-up it has always been and nobody will give a S__t about anything they do or say. It would be at that point that we could pull our armies out and let Iran eat them alive.

The above scenerio won't happen though with an RV of $.10, have it traded internationally, and see a slow steady rise up over a protracted period of time. Whether or not we get to ride it up would be in Shabbibi's hands. This is the only way Iraq will ever make itself strong economically and be able to dominate it's southern neighbours in the international oil trade and be a magnet to international investors.

You are correct, TFK. I DO want the RV....as much or more than anyone else. It's just that after 3.5 years of studying it, and thousands of lies later, I learned to use reason instead of delusion to guide my belief in the Dinar. You throw out a figure of 10 Cents as an RV amount, and that would be awesome (although it's .90 - $3.50 lower than predicted by any guru or pumper) - however, I have yet to see anyone explain how they could DO it given the M1 & M2 numbers the CBI and IMF have repeatedly published. This topic has been beaten to death, but still not rationally explained by the RV camp. Rather than repeatedly telling us what they CAN'T do and still survive, why not spend a few minutes telling us HOW they can do it.

Many repeatedly state that the hundreds of articles declaring the RD are "smoke and mirrors," yet I've seen no explanation as to why they would do THAT either. Why allow the unimpeded sale of BILLIONS of Dinars each month if you have any intention of revaluing the currency? Rather than lie to the people, wouldn't it make more sense to have stopped the sale of outrageous numbers of Dinars over the last 5 years, and say "nothing" about the RV until it happens? The gurus claim that the CBI is retrieving Trillions of Dinars, and yet we've been able to buy BILLIONS every month for years with no problem at all - and can still do so. I've waited patiently for a long time to get answers to these questions, but the RV-only camp never comes thru. ;)

• Upvote 3