Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Diary of an Iraqi citizen in the time of the dollar

Diary of an Iraqi citizen in the time of the dollar – Iraq News Network (aliraqnews.com)

Last Updated: January 8, 2024 - 9:31 AM

By Samir Daoud Hannoush

He did not want or covet from his leaders, politicians and crowns of the heads of the homeland except a good living and bread with some drinking water. Of course, it is not free, as he used to pay the rent of everything in his homeland, even the piece of land that shelters him with his family paid in advance because he lives on rent.He used to sing in front of his children his love for the homeland, and how that homeland was stolen from him, the best years of his life spent between serving science and the years of his job.He was ecstatic with the love of the homeland, although he hated politics and its world.With his white dishdasha he used to sit with his comrades in that narrow alley that smelled of heavy water.It is inevitable to surrender to the terms of the dollar And admitting him, the man realized that he was wrong there is no place for dinars in his life as long as his whole life is hostage to others, he did not realize this fact until late, everyone was reliving the words of the Iraqi singer Hadiri Abu Aziz, who died in 1973 and who was the voice of the Iraqis when he sang to them "My uncle, Abu al-Mu'tid", it carried a lot of suffering and misery for the Iraqi people. Ghali tortured my conditions."

My retired friend is a simple man who never recognized a currency called the dollar, he loved the Iraqi dinar or others, and although the dinar changed its print, colors and value throughout the political regimes, he refused to recognize others even after the value of the dinar reached at the time of the blockade imposed on the Iraqis by America to the extent that people weighed the currency with the balance of fruits and vegetables when buying some things. The septuagenarian man woke up from his sleep in shock on the morning of democracy, which dressed America in its dress for Iraqis, to the voices of his wife and children cursing and cursing the time of corruption, thefts and difficult life, which is exacerbated by the rise in the price of the dollar and the corruption of the men in power from thieves.

The man's excuses no longer convince the angry so he had to leave his house to meet his comrades, on the way he looked at all the faces talking about the dollar crisis and its damage to their lives.He tried to satisfy his family with some of the needs that he carries for them when he returned from a store near his home and found that prices had doubled.Finally, everyone recognized the fait accompli of the dollar that governs and controls destinies, the dollar in which if Benjamin Franklin's picture laughs, life smiles, and if the opposite is woe and perseverance wait, The owner of a cart selling gas bottles is heard fighting with his neighbors because the price of the bottle rose as the price of the dollar rose, even the tuk-tuk driver apologized for accepting the old fare demanding an increase such as an increase in the price of the dollar.

Finally he realized that it was inevitable to surrender to the conditions of the dollar and recognize it, the man realized that he was wrong, there is no place for the dinar in his life as long as his whole life is hostage to others, he did not realize this fact until late.he sat with his friends in that narrow alley talking with pain, heartbreak and regret How was the price of one dinar in his golden time equivalent to three dollars, and how the dinar imposed its prestige when its owner roamed the countries of the world, the man's hair that he is deceived in his dignity with dinars and his power.

Finally, everyone recognized the fait accompli of the dollar that rules and controls destinies, the dollar in which the picture of Benjamin Franklin laughs, life smiles, and if the opposite, then woe and perseverance are waiting.The man did not realize that he was a hostage to the dollar and above him an authority that mortgages the homeland, the citizen and even the land in dollars.In each round, the dollar triumphed over the dinar, perhaps not the defect in the dinar.The man returned home after walking in the streets and watching the reactions of people cursing the high prices and the rise in prices because of the dollar as he repeated. With the situation of the dollar ... Live.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Pow! 6

That’s a good article. Another reason with them getting away from the dollar. The government cannot afford to wait too long before raising the value of the dinar. If they do, then the citizens will revolt against them. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 6

2 hours ago, 8th ID said:

That’s a good article. Another reason with them getting away from the dollar. The government cannot afford to wait too long before raising the value of the dinar. If they do, then the citizens will revolt against them. 

The citizens have been revolting for years. They don’t care or they would have done something years ago. Same old, same old. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 7

7 hours ago, 6ly410 said:

How was the price of one dinar in his golden time equivalent to three dollars

It looks like the Iraqi citizens really want the Iraqi dinar to return to what it was $3 desperately. But sadly, it all depends on the cbi to decide.

• Upvote 8

13 hours ago, Jaygo said:

The citizens have been revolting for years. They don’t care or they would have done something years ago. Same old, same old. 

They haven’t really revolted before. They have had the luxury of using the dollar for their everyday transactions. Now that they can’t use it any longer and have to carry wheelbarrows of dinar for their transactions, then you will see them get upset if something is not done soon with the value of their dinar. The government has backed themselves into a corner with this. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 6
  • Pow! 1

...and here I am coming out with " Diary of an Angry Old Cavalryman IQD Investor White Guy " or how I've become so damn cranky & sarcastic with the Epic amount of blithering bureaucratic idiots inhabiting Iraq...

I'm following up with another almost completed 2nd book ( and all I need to to do is change the name of the country -guess what country, go on guess 😆).

• Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

41 minutes ago, horsesoldier said:

...and here I am coming out with " Diary of an Angry Old Cavalryman IQD Investor White Guy " or how I've become so damn cranky & sarcastic with the Epic amount of blithering bureaucratic idiots inhabiting Iraq...

I'm following up with another almost completed 2nd book ( and all I need to to do is change the name of the country -guess what country, go on guess 😆).

Amen Brother!!! :salute:
😂😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, 8th ID said:

They haven’t really revolted before. They have had the luxury of using the dollar for their everyday transactions. Now that they can’t use it any longer and have to carry wheelbarrows of dinar for their transactions, then you will see them get upset if something is not done soon with the value of their dinar. The government has backed themselves into a corner with this. 

I totally agree with you 8th ID.

The Iraqi people take a lot of pride in their nation and may consider themselves special to have such a rich and prestigious history. 

Go Iraq 🇮🇶 

Go Stronger dinar

Go purchasing power

• Like 4
  • Upvote 12

5 minutes ago, NWGUY said:

You would think the government knows that the Iraqi's want to use the dinar, but they need to make that value respectable.   I think we are close though!  :praying:

I think we are at the closest point we have ever been in all these years. When you consider the progress they have made in the past year I can see why it never happened before. I am not saying it could not have happened but I don't think it would have worked as well as it could now

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6
  • Pow! 4

7 minutes ago, BETTYBOOP said:

I think we are at the closest point we have ever been in all these years. When you consider the progress they have made in the past year I can see why it never happened before. I am not saying it could not have happened but I don't think it would have worked as well as it could now

Love your bright outlook!  Thank you!  :jester:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

I got to close to the closest point we've ever been to this point and passed through a membrane ( it smells like seaweed) to the other side of the closest point we've ever been to this point. Great I smell like fish 🤢.

Point is, this is really an Alice through the Looking glass moment. Now I can see both sides of this Rodeo that's still going nowhere.

Looks like I just doubled the BS ratio of this investment. Uh boy, now I'm Twice as perturbed & irked as before.

Just trying to have fun here cuz yep this is the Twilight Zone.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1