Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Thousands of protesters demanding their late salaries block the main roads in Sulaymaniyah

Thousands of protesters demanding their late salaries block the main roads in Sulaymaniyah

Baghdad today - Sulaymaniyah
Today, Monday (January 8, 2024), protesting employees in Sulaymaniyah Governorate blocked the main roads in the governorate to demand the payment of their arrears.
The "Baghdad Today" correspondent said, "Hundreds of protesting employees in Sulaymaniyah Governorate blocked the main roads in the governorate, while they decided to go on strike for several days until their demand is implemented and their late salaries are paid."
He added that the employees headed towards the court and governorate building in Sulaymaniyah, to organize a protest demanding the payment of their salaries.
This morning, the demonstrations of educational staff were renewed in Sulaymaniyah Governorate, with a categorical rejection of the decision to return to work, as the demonstrators stipulated that their demands be met.
One of the demonstrators told "Baghdad Today", "The demonstrations will continue until the legitimate demands of educational personnel guaranteed by the constitution are met," stressing his rejection of "the return of work hours."
Yesterday, Sunday (January 7, 2024), the Ministry of Education in the Kurdistan Government decided to return promotions to educational staff and transfer lecturers to contracts, while conditioning this on amending the budget.
Many of the region's employees and teaching staff, especially in Sulaymaniyah Governorate, continue to demonstrate to demand the payment of their salaries that have been arrears for many months, amid the inability of Baghdad and Erbil to solve the crisis radically, and to be satisfied with "temporary" and "patchwork" solutions, according to observers of political and economic affairs.
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, HowieC said:

organize a protest demanding the payment

And Davis is leading them

i want my payment also

you see me at front

got a red and yellow turbin on

my camal a little small 

I can only afford a one hump

not 2

• Haha 17

11 minutes ago, horsesoldier said:

This could turn into a target rich environment for snipers, if " things were to get out of hand "

Never forget 2019.

I don't know what happened in 2019. The pressure I would like them to apply is nonviolent. I don't want anyone hurt or loss of life to occur. Yeah I agree it could turn bad because your messing with folks who could feel like they have nothing to lose.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 1

2 hours ago, horsesoldier said:

This could turn into a target rich environment for snipers, if " things were to get out of hand "

Never forget 2019.

I am trying 

I only got a small one hump camal

i am being questioned if I am really abbbbaaaa dooo Davis 

from the south side of Iraq 

i am *****

save me jebus 

Edited by TexasGranny
removed vulgar language - note to poster - keep it clean!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, davis411 said:

I am trying 

I only got a small one hump camal

i am being questioned if I am really abbbbaaaa dooo Davis 

from the south side of Iraq 

i am *****

save me jebus 

That;s abbaa dabbaa doo

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

The pressure is ON.

“The demonstrations will continue until the legitimate demands of educational personnel guaranteed by the constitution are met, stressing his rejection of "the return of work hours."

Go Protests 

Go Salary Scale

Go Stronger dinar

Go Purchasing Power

• Upvote 2
  • Pow! 7