Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Kurdistan government sets the conditions for approving the oil and gas law: it is constitutional and meets the wishes of all concerned parties

yota691

The Kurdistan government sets the conditions for approving the oil and gas law: it is constitutional and meets the wishes of all concerned parties

1691603115841.jpg
2023-08-09 13:45

Shafaq News/ The Prime Minister of Kurdistan Region, Masrour Barzani stressed today, Wednesday, the necessity of approving an oil and gas law based on the provisions of the Iraqi constitution, pointing out the need for the draft law to be approved by the federal government, the region and the oil-producing governorates.

The region's Council of Ministers said in a statement received by Shafaq News agency, "Today, the Kurdistan Region Council of Ministers held its weekly meeting, headed by Masrour Barzani and in the presence of the Council's Vice President, Qubad Talabani, and it dealt with a number of issues on its agenda."

The Council of Ministers reviewed "the results of the visit of the Kurdistan Regional Government delegation to Baghdad, related to the preparation of a draft federal oil and gas law jointly between the federal government, the Kurdistan Region and the Iraqi provinces producing oil and gas, based on the constitutional articles related to the oil and gas sector."

The statement quoted the Prime Minister as emphasizing "the need to prepare a draft oil and gas law at the federal level of Iraq, based on the provisions of the constitution related to the oil and gas sector, and these constitutional articles must constitute the basic foundation for that, as clearly stipulated in the constitution, and it should have The draft law is approved by the federal government, the Kurdistan Region, and the oil-producing governorates in Iraq, reflecting the principles of the federal system in the country, as established in the constitution.

The Prime Minister stressed "the need to respect the agreements concluded between the Kurdistan Region and the federal government regarding the rights constitutionally guaranteed to the region."

In addition, the Council of Ministers stressed "the importance of having a law regulating the oil and gas sector at the level of Iraq, provided that it is compatible with the principles of regulating this sector and with the federal system of the Iraqi state, as stated in the constitution."

The statement continued, "Minister of Labor and Social Affairs Koestan Muhammad presented a draft project (the system for the care and rehabilitation fund for people with disabilities, special needs and short stature), which was prepared in the light of Law No. 22 of 2011, which aims to activate the role of the fund in collecting revenues collected in this field, and from And then re-spending it in order to provide the necessary services for people with disabilities and short stature by providing all they need in terms of care, rehabilitation and social development, and supporting them in various economic, societal, health and educational fields, according to this system.

The statement pointed to "the formation of a board to manage the fund that includes representatives of organizations of people with disabilities, special needs and short stature, as they will have equal powers with government agencies in making decisions related to managing the fund."

"The cabinet unanimously ratified the system, and directed the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs, in coordination with the relevant ministries and organizations, to take the necessary measures after the entry into force of this system," the statement said.

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 3

The Kurdistan government calls for the unity of the Kurdish ranks: The oil law differs from the budget

1691607381535.jpg
2023-08-09 14:56

Shafaq News/ The official spokesman for the Kurdistan Regional Government, Peshwa Hawrami confirmed, on Wednesday, that the government is seeking to protect the constitutional rights and entitlements of citizens in the issue of approving the oil and gas law.

Hawrami said, in a press conference attended by Shafaq News Agency, that our message to the political authorities in the region is that the draft oil and gas law differs from the budget law, indicating that the differences between the political parties in the region affected the draft budget law and we could not include all citizens' rights in this. The project, whether because of these differences or because of the mentality that wants to curtail the region. 

He called on the political parties to unite in the issue of the draft oil and gas law, because this will affect the lives of citizens. 

He added that our message to the political parties in Baghdad is to give the rights of the Kurdistan Region, stressing that anything outside this framework will not be acceptable to us.

He continued, "We are now in the first stages of negotiation, and we hope to reach a good agreement with Baghdad that will be in the interest of both sides."

Earlier, the Prime Minister of the Kurdistan Region, Masrour Barzani, stressed the need to approve an oil and gas law based on the provisions of the Iraqi constitution, pointing out the need for the draft law to be approved by the federal, regional and oil-producing governments.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

This isn’t the normal talking, but after 15-20 tears a few months or another year is only a drop in the bucket. Remember it’s only good news if the country doesn’t erupt in violence and peace and stability prevail for the next thirty years. It’s the test of time this must not only overcome but a foundational block of governance as well that’s being created in the region.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 5
  • Pow! 1

Erbil requires the approval of three parties in return for passing the oil and gas law

08-9-2023, 20:01upload_1691600468_804812644.jpg

Al-Ghad Press/Baghdad

Today, Wednesday, the Kurdistan Regional Council of Ministers stressed the constitutional foundations in preparing the oil and gas law jointly between the federal government, the regional government, and the oil and gas producing provinces .

The media office of the Kurdistan Council of Ministers stated in a statement received by "Al-Ghad Press" a copy of it that "the administration in Erbil reviewed the results of the visit of the regional government delegation to Baghdad, related to the preparation of a draft federal oil and gas law jointly between the federal government, the Kurdistan Region and the Iraqi provinces producing oil and gas. This is based on the constitutional articles related to the oil and gas sector .

The statement stressed, "The need to prepare a draft oil and gas law at the federal level of Iraq, based on the provisions of the constitution related to the oil and gas sector, and these constitutional articles must form the basic foundation for that, as clearly stipulated in the constitution, and the draft law should be approved by the government." The federal government, the Kurdistan region, and the oil-producing governorates in Iraq, reflecting the principles of the federal system in the country, as established in the constitution .

He stressed, "the need to respect the agreements concluded between the Kurdistan region and the federal government regarding the rights constitutionally guaranteed to the region ."

In addition, the Council of Ministers stressed "the importance of having a law regulating the oil and gas sector at the level of Iraq, provided that it is compatible with the principles of regulating this sector and with the federal system of the Iraqi state, as stated in the constitution. "

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 11

1 hour ago, horsesoldier said:

Yep, I'll be so damned surprised I'll probably loose control of all my bodily functions 

Not too many more years and I’m sure that I will be losing those functions anyways as I will be getting so old.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Pow! 1

2 hours ago, jg1 said:

Most of my dinner went down the toilet in the great toilet paper shortage time./Supply chain breakage.

Lol. My speech to text since that last update has been trash. I apologize. Not dinner I meant.dinar.

• Haha 1

You guys are hysterical🤣🤣 

Steveh12  You sound like my son I will be 71 in October

like I tell him it is only a number they put on your death certificate.

He comes over when on duty he has this area he grew up in and

announces that he is doing an elderly citizen wellness check. The little kids love it

now they wait for him and yell Officer Nick do the old lady check on the bull horn.

He thinks that he is funny I turn around look behind me. (Nick) who are you looking for

Ma? I'm looking to see who you're talking to little fella and it is citizen Ma to you. The way 

I look at it as long as I wake up on top of the grass it's a good day. 😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 2

2 hours ago, nannab said:

You guys are hysterical🤣🤣 

Steveh12  You sound like my son I will be 71 in October

like I tell him it is only a number they put on your death certificate.

He comes over when on duty he has this area he grew up in and

announces that he is doing an elderly citizen wellness check. The little kids love it

now they wait for him and yell Officer Nick do the old lady check on the bull horn.

He thinks that he is funny I turn around look behind me. (Nick) who are you looking for

Ma? I'm looking to see who you're talking to little fella and it is citizen Ma to you. The way 

I look at it as long as I wake up on top of the grass it's a good day. 😁

You’re 71 years YOUNG nannab!!!👍🏻🇺🇸

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 2